“Quiet, relaxing getaway”
Review of Hideaway Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Hideaway Cottages
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hideaway Cottages in Calistoga for our anniversary. It was a perfect place for a couple to have a nice, quiet and relaxing getaway. Beautifully landscaped and not a lot of people. There are no kids under age 18 allowed so it's definitely engaging for couples. If i brought my son, I would have to stay somewhere else, but it was perfect for the two of us. I definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank relaine2581
There are newer reviews for Hideaway Cottages

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The property is beautiful. The cabins are adorable, we always feel like we've stepped back in time when we come here. I'm almost reluctant to write this review because I think they are such a fabulous little secret! Someday I'm going to hole up in one of these cabins and write that screenplay!
I love the compact simplicity of the layout and the no children/pets policy! If you like a lot of foo foo fancy things, you may not like this blast from the past, it does feel like a cabin, not a resort.
Breakfast is a brown bag with delicious scones, orange juice and we had a delicious peach, the banana was way past it's ripe date!

Room Tip: We've stayed in "Rome" and "Vienna". They are both lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My friends and I have stayed here a few times over the years. We absolutely love it. Their front desk staff seems like they've been there forever (Teresita and James have always been extremely attentive and accomodating).

We tend to stay in any of their garden front deluxe cottages because they are so close to the pool. The breakfast is delicious, the rooms are extremely clean, the pools are refreshing and the grounds are beautiful. Everyone should come out here and experience some awesome relaxation.

Oh, and did I mention that they're an 18+ property? No kids running around! I can't say enough good things about this place.

Room Tip: Ask for any of the garden front deluxe rooms. They are right next to the pool!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank HellaNorCal82
Mark W, Owner at Hideaway Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear 82 California Girl,

Thank you so much for the kind review! It is always such a pleasure knowing that our guests have an enjoyable stay here with us! Your compliments have been shared with James and Teresita and we look forward to your return visit! The grounds and pols are especially welcoming these days with the great Spring weather! Our "no guests under 18" policy makes for a very quiet environment at all times!

Thanks again!
Mark Wilkinson

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I and my partner have stayed at both Dr. Wilkinson's (the mother property) and Hideaway. Especially in spring through Fall Hideaway is a terrific find. Wilkinson's don't market it all that much I guess but the cottages are wonderful and private. Two mineral water pools, elms and lots of other trees. Rates come with what they call a "tote" breakfast. Really good.......coffee, juice, oats and some pastry. Cottages are pre-retro with tiled kitchens, great coffee maker, great beds with nice linens, etc. The place is soooooooo quiet but two blocks from the main street. Teresita (sp?) is always welcoming and even helped us find a last minute dinner at Jole Restaurant. This place and staff is a gem....Some people don't get "the cool". I think I do. If you want splash and to pay more cash, stay elsewhere. I love this very special piece of Napa Valley!

Room Tip: ask for a garden front deluxe. Close to pools and charming
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Although it's been a few years since I stayed here, I still think about it. I've stayed here on 3 seperate occasions and was delighted each time. Within walking distance to the store and some cute shops. Everything you need in these adorable cabins, and the service was fantastic. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cheryl H
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed during midweek during harvest. We enjoyed the location and the wonderful grounds surrounding the cottages. Having breakfast provided really helped keeping the costs down. We didn't use the amenities much due to a busy schedule but enjoyed a morning soak in the jacuzzi. We were never able to log onto the internet with my friend's ipad and asked a couple of times about it but we were told it was spotty sometimes. However the staff was very helpful in printing out anything we needed. If you want full service without any effort on your part, this isn't the place. Many times I had to call Dr. Wilkerson's front desk (two blocks away) for anything needed (extra pillow, sheets for the pullout, wifi service, if keys don't work in door, checkout, etc.) .
If you want privacy and intimacy the cottages are fabulous. We mainly ate out in St. Helena and Yountville. The location in Calistoga was close enough to everything but far enough away to be out of the crowds. We loved it. The only reason I gave sleep quality a lower score is that the fridge made strange noises all night long and I am a light sleeper. If you are staying with friends and one snores, the walls are not thick enough to be a barrier and there are no doors on the sitting room or the bedroom to keep out noise. I slept on the pull out bed in the small but cozy sitting room and found it to be very comfortable. James was a perfect gentleman and was always charming and went out of his way to be a perfect host.

Room Tip: Bring a cell phone with a charger. You may need to call the front desk or confirm reservations and t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kim R
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is a wonderful adults only place to stay. It feels like a small resort with the expansive lawn, lots of shady trees, outdoor seating and of course the mineral pools. It has a retro chic to it, with all of the rooms named for a city. Rooms are spacious with comfortable living room, small kitchen and large bedroom. There are lots of windows making it bright. Each room has outdoor seating for dining or just enjoying the beautiful setting. It is a lovely and quiet place to stay. The mineral pools include an outdoor swimming pool and jacuzzi fed by Calistoga's famed hot springs. Each morning a Tote Breakfast is available to be picked up and enjoyed on the property or on the go. Staff are friendly and helpful. This is only 2 blocks from Dr. Wilksinson's Hot Springs, so be sure to book an appointment for "The Works" - two hours of bliss; you won't be sorry! Grocery store is close by if you want to purchase snacks or food to prepare.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo