“Almost but not quite perfect”
Review of Luxe Calistoga

Luxe Calistoga
Ranked #4 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
kirkwood, mo
“Almost but not quite perfect”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Over all it was a great stay, accomplishing the relaxation goal for two nights. We are modest travelers and considered this B & B a splurge and expected to be pampered, and we were. My husband likes decor and I like food so we knew we would be pleased, having read reviews of other guests. That said, I would say that a few practical pointers are these: the wine and cheese time provides no napkins yet they serve finger food. (Brent was so involved in talking that I retrieved tissues from my purse each time, rather than asking him for a napkin) There is only one lamp in the Garden room, albeit with three settings, but independent bedtime reading is impossible as the lamp sheds light all over the room. We mentioned when we arrived that my husband does not eat eggs. We were told that we should have notified them earlier, so there was no adjustment on the first morning of our stay. Nor was there on the second morning, except to leave the egg off the Huevos Rancheros that they served him. The presentation and creative flavors were wonderful and I enjoyed fully all the food offered, including the Snapple drink instead of wine since we do not drink alcohol. We appreciated the veranda, the interesting books lying around, Brent's friendly welcome and the ease of chatting with other guests. My husband is eager to stay again. I regret that you have to halt your conversation on the porch every time a truck goes by. It is a lovely, well-kept property with owners who care.

Room Tip: Separate entrance garden room is really small with no chair, only one luggage rack.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Margaret M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
San Jose
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Okay....let's just get this straight. I don't care where you've stayed recently, or where you may be headed next, but if you are fortunate enough to experience a stay at the Luxe Calistoga, then you are one fortunate person! For one minute, imagine you have been invited for a weekend getaway to your long lost friends home, who just happens to live in the beautiful wine country. Too much time has passed since your last visit, and within minutes of your arrival, your "friends" make you feel like they couldn't wait for you to get there. Your exquisite guestroom awaits you and not one detail is missing, from the romantic bedding, art work, and luxury bath products, you are certain you must be at an elegant five star resort. After settling in, your invited to the all so welcoming wrap around porch complete with cozy padded furniture, heat lamps and soft music playing in the background. There is different varieties of local wines to choose from as well as yummy unique appetizers to enjoy while laughing, sharing stories, and catching up or conversing with the other guests. Chis & Brent, the proprietors, are nothing short of endearing, charismatic, and welcoming in every way . they seem to have an innate way of sensing if a guest would like privacy or be a part of a group. Whether your looking for peaceful alone time, or enjoy meeting new people, the Luxe offers something for everyone. The welcoming experience they share with you and the other guest, leaves you feeling it has been way too long and you will never let so much time pass again before coming to visit these "old friends". Oh, and do not let me forget the breakfast! Expertly prepared by Chef Joshua, they have turned the notch up on what you would expect from a B&B. It would be only fitting to add that the breakfast is out of the ordinary, with the pretty china, french press coffee, presentation and unique twist on the preparation of the tasty food. We chose to eat out on the porch and had it all to ourselves to relax and enjoy the morning sunshine and company of "Skip" the friendly sweet golden retriever who also takes in the atmosphere of this magical inn. Ever since our trip, we constantly have little flashes of our time here and wish we were back. Trust me, it won't be long, can't wait!

Room Tip: Any room is a good choice
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patricia J
Irvine, California
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I can't stop talking about the Luxe. We had a wonderful three-night stay and wanted to permanently move in. The owners, Brent and Chris (and their sweet-pea of a golden retriever, Skip), were incredibly gracious, welcoming, and a blast to chat with over delicious wines and cheeses on the wrap-around porch. Josh, the chef, concocted memorable and scrumptious breakfasts every morning, and we were sent out for the day with a little snack bag. The attention to detail really added to our experience and we look forward to returning. If you are anywhere near the Napa area, this B&B is a must-stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were lucky enough to spend 3 nights for New Years weekend. We were there( with 3 other couples) to celebrate a good friend's 50th birthday and to attend a New Years masquerade ball at the "castle".
Chris and Brent were AWESOME hosts to our group, anticipating everything we might need in advance of when we even thought of it. They provided us an immaculately clean home, beautifully decorated and well maintained. Josh, their chef, made wonderful breakfasts for us each day. We would definitely stay in their home in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2012

OMG! This B & B is by far and away the best B & B we have ever stayed in. The Owners and Chef are really what make this place so very special. The rooms are immaculate and unbelieveably (classy) decorated. They have decorated the entire Inn with art works from their various world travels. Chris and Brent (owners) personally greet you, bring you your gourmet 5 course breakfast and then join you for wine and cheese latter on in the day. They are extremely gracious and make sure you have everything you may need -including a goody bag (each day) filled with snackies and water to get you through the day. The are more than happy to reccommend great restaurants, wineries and more. You really felt like you were staying with GREAT friends instead of just as guests in a B & B.
Will DEFINATELY go back and recommend to all of our friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I recently ended our stay in the Napa Valley at Luxe Calistoga. I really don't know where to start with this review. We have stayed in other B&Bs (including in Napa) that I thought were lovely, but this place is really exceptional in every sense of the word. Of course the room was beautifully decorated, had luxurious soaps, etc. but the best part about it is the way it makes you feel. It's like staying with the kind of dear friends you always wished you had, who are warm, friendly, thoughtful… and also happen to serve you hand and foot! You never feel like you are anything but a treasured guest in someone's home. I had to stop myself from getting up to pour the next round of wine because I felt like I was just having a glass with some friends. At the other B&Bs we stayed in, it was always clear to me that they wanted you to leave after the set "happy hour" time, but Chris (the owner who was there during our stay) never rushed us and seemed genuinely interested in the guests and in insuring we all enjoyed our time there. They have a marvelous porch where they serve wine and treats in the evening and breakfast in the morning (you can eat inside, but after you experience the porch, trust me you'll never want to leave it). For our first breakfast, Chris baked scones that were to die for and I thought that would be enough with a nice cup of the table-side French press coffee, until I ate the entrée. Joshua, the chef, is just beyond spectacular. Let me put it this way, I don't even like breakfast and I would have licked my plate if no one was watching! I simply cannot say enough good things about Luxe Calistoga. Stay there and you'll know why.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carrie F
Tennessee
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Luxe truely lived up to the previous reviews, which convinced us to stay for 2 nights in late October. Our room had a individual entrance and while fairly small, it was very nice. The hospitaility of the innkeepers is typical of a more expensive B&B, including the gormet breakfast and the afternoon wine and cheese. Calistoga is a sleeply little Napa town with a couple of excellent restaurants also.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NTWF
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
The Bergson
#2 of 15 in Calistoga
Cottage Grove Inn
Cottage Grove Inn
#2 of 27 in Calistoga

Been to Luxe Calistoga? Share your experiences!