“Best bed and breakfast ever!!!”
Review of Embrace Calistoga

Embrace Calistoga
Ranked #2 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The best two days of our vacation. The hospitality was wonderful. We were met with wine and cheese when we arrived. The rooms were most comfortable and the breakfast were gourmet. Brent and Chris were very helpful arranging our daily plans for us. We could not have asked for nicer people. We will definitely return!!! Don't miss the opportunity to stay at this very special place!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Sharron S

Reviewed August 23, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary in Calistoga and stayed at the fabulous Luxe Calistoga - what a perfect setting it was to celebrate our first anniversary. It definitely stands up to its name. The owners, Brent and Chris, really know how to make each guest feel special and you can see how they take pride and enjoy what they do. Their concierge, Josh, is a local and is a wealth of knowledge to the area. We stayed in the king suite and it was luxurious. The room was very clean, great décor, spacious, a nice fireplace, warm and welcoming, and the bed was so comfortable. It provided all the amenities and more you could expect, even a flat screen TV for the men. They have a nice grand porch where you can sit and relax.
Unlike other inns, they make their own gourmet breakfast and even bake their own pastries, which were fabulous! In the early evening they have wine and cheese on the porch, not to mention great conversation with the owners. The inn is conveniently located on the main street and within walking distance of the nearby restaurants and bars.
I must say it’s not your typical B&B with the outdated décor and having to participate at the community dining table. Here you can feel free to join other guests or choose to have a more private sitting alone.
It was a very memorable weekend. Not only do we highly recommend Luxe Calistoga, we look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Theresa B
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We spent a Saturday up in Calistoga and did a day of wine tasting as well as getting a couple's massage at one of the Spas nearby. We stayed in the King suite with the most comfy bed but didn't have the opportunity to use the tub in the bathroom :(

We were in walking distance of downtown and a very cute restaurant named JoLe where we ate a great meal and drank a bit too much wine. Woke up with a bit of a hangover but were welcomed by COFFEE, pear tartlet and a really tasty breakfast.

Chris and Brent were absolutely amazing hosts and hope to go back soon!

4  Thank Ted B
Reviewed August 19, 2011

If you want a 5 star experience at a 3 star price book your room now at the Luxe B&B. Brent and Chris are awesome hosts and their breakfasts are simply the best. They take care of everything. They will book winery experiences, recommend restaurants and will go and pick up chips and salsa!! We have stayed in some of the best hotels in the Country and the Luxe was better than any of them. Joshua and Brent team up to make the most amazing breakfasts and their coffee is just amazing. I also have to mention my favorite amenity....their golden retriever Skip! He was the icing on the cake! Thanks Brent and Chris for everything, we will be back soon!! The Befort's, Houston TX

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
2  Thank Befort
Reviewed August 14, 2011

For all people reading these reviews, any reviews before May 2011 are from the FORMER OWNERS and do not reflect the service and style of this outstanding B&B.
My husband and I were on a vacation to the wine country. I'd done my research and chosen another B&B in the area because it had a pool. When we arrived at that B&B, we were so disappointed. The owners weren't home so we drove around Calistoga trying to decide what to do. We saw Luxe and called them to inquire about a room. Brent was gracious from the time he answered the phone. He came and showed us through the property. We fell in love with the B&B and with the hospitality. We were able to get out of our other B&B and able to stay at Luxe. Although it was a bit more expensive than our original it was WELL WORTH IT!! From the wine and cheese each night on the porch to the delicious breakfasts each morning...all was done to perfection. Brent and Joshua also got us private tours of wineries that were by appointment only. What a different and enjoyable way to spend our time. The rooms in the inn were SPOTLESS and so comfortable. The attention to detail and the attention to guest services was impeccable. We will recommend this to others and will definitely be back.

2  Thank CFVanLu
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My husband and I spent 10 days in San Francisco, wine country, and the coast. Of all our nice hotels, Luxe Calistoga was the BEST! Chris and Brent were wonderful hosts, our room was modern and comfortable, the wrap-around porch was exactly what I think of when I think of relaxation, and the breakfasts were DEVINE. We were originally only planning on one night here, but once we checked in and enjoyed the wine happy hour with other guests that evening, we were set to stay an extra night. It's a new B&B (only a few months old), and it is wonderful. Joshua directed us to great wineries and restaurants, and made us our tasty breakfasts. Highly recommend Luxe Calistoga!

3  Thank EmilyGeorge75
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Last week, I had to plan a last minute, over-night business trip to Calistoga. My usual B&B choice was full but the owner enthusiastically recommneded the Luxe. I called and spoke to Chris who was immediately gracious, understanding and accomodating!

I arrived in the evening just in time for wine and cheese on the veranda where I met Chris and some other guests. A perfect way to unwind after a long drive and hectic day! Chris showed me to my room which I believe was the smallest queen room but it was simply perfect!

A beautiful room with a fabulous bed, top quality linens, a fireplace and a really nice marble and tile bathroom with shower which was certainly all I needed! Everything was really well designed and nicely presented, bath products were of the best quality, towels were fluffy and oversized, bedside chocolates were delicious and bottled water was much appreciated. This is not a flowery, Victorian style B&B - this is an elegant, very tastefully designed place which will appeal to the sophisticated trraveler.

Chris made it clear that if I needed anything, he would be happy to help me and it turned out I did need a few things! He made a dinner recommendation and also very kindly printed out some documents early the next morning which I needed for my meeting. Breakfast was delicious - a berry strada, banana chocolate chip bread, yogurt and fresh fruit - and the coffee was expecially good

The location is fantastic especially if you want to be able to walk to restuarants and enjoy the atmosphere of lovely downtown Calistoga. There is convenient off-street parking and, of course, wineries in all directions! There is some noise from the traffic driving through town but it didn't bother me.

I would definitely recommend Luxe to anyone wanting to enjoy a high level of luxury and hospitality while staying in Calistoga and exploring the Napa Valley!

Thank you, Chris! See you next time!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business