“Large comfortable room and a deee-lish breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Pink Mansion
Ranked #9 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
quesochica
“Large comfortable room and a deee-lish breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2010

My husband and I decided upon a last minute two night stay in Calistoga and we wanted to bring the dog. The Pink Mansion offers one of their rooms as a dog-friendly space. We had the Wine Suite. The room was quite large (especially by Victorian B&B standards), had a small upper-loft type sitting area and a separate outside door for the convenience of the dog. The bed had 4 million thread-count sheets on it-- or it felt that way since I slept so well. The location was walkable to downtown Calistoga and was very easy to find. The shocking pink paint color helps with that. We got a reasonable off-season rate. The breakfast was just fantastic. Enough food that you would be sustained for wine-tasting and just have a cheese and cracker type of lunch. I would recommend this property for anyone wanting to stay in the north end of Napa valley.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wayfaringviews

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rancho Cordova, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2009

I stayed at The Pink Mansion with my best friend for a two night spa getaway for her birthday. It was my first stay at a B&B and I wasn't sure what to expect. The Pink Mansion was fabulous, we really enjoyed our stay.
Breakfast was delicious. I loved everything, but the blueberry scones were my favorite. The first morning we had poached pears, muffins, croissants, egg souffle with chicken apple sausage, orange juice, and coffee or tea. The second morning we had fresh mixed fruit (berries, melon, pineapple, kiwi), the amazing blueberry scones, vegetable frittata, ham, orange juice, and coffee or tea.
In the evenings they put out wine and snacks. We missed this the second day because we were at our spa appointment, but it was a nice pre-dinner snack the first night. There was red and white wine. And a tray of cheeses, crackers, salami, and apple.
We didn't use the indoor heated pool, but we did use the hot tub, which was behind the mansion. It was surrounded by trees...so peaceful and relaxing.
We stayed in the Garden room, which was perfect for us with it being a quick trip and really just needing somewhere to sleep. The room was great for the most part. We had a little trouble with one of the window shades and the bathroom door was hard to close all the way, but all in all it was a nice room. The only other thing I should mention is the bathroom. Between the claw foot tub/shower and the low ceiling on one side, showering could be difficult if you're taller than about 5'10". Also the shower curtain wraps all the way around, leaving not a lot of room to move around in there. The rest of the bathroom, however, was perfect.
We were able to look in most of the other rooms (all except the honeymoon suite and the carriage house) and the suites looked fabulous. The Wine Suite or the Master Suite would be my recommendation.
The location of the Pink Mansion is terrific. Walking distance to Lincoln Ave which is where shops and restaurants are located.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank NorCalGirl11
Redondo Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

This was the first time I stayed at a B&B and it was great. We stayed in the Master Suite which is the picture on the front page of their website. Wow, what a nice room! Looked just like the picture. BIG! No pictures on the website of the bathroom which was also very nice - it had a big two person jacuzzi bathtub and a shower. There was another room off of the main room, separated by french doors, that had another bed, I believe queen size. I can't say enough about that room or the B&B. We attended a wedding and when we got to the reception most people were whining about how the places they were staying were just ok or not so nice - here I liked our place so much I took pictures with my phone as soon as I got there to show our friends. Glad I did my research. I am a breakfast person and believe me there was no need to go anywhere else. The breakfasts were awesome! Not just plain old pancakes and scrabbled eggs but a gourmet breakfast. We didn't get to try the afternoon wine and cheese since I was pregnant but it also looked very nice. Well, I could go on and on. We will definitely stay there again if we get the chance.

Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

I booked the Pink Mansion for two nights for my husband's 55th birthday celebration. He'd been to the wine country several times (this was my first visit) and had noticed this lovely bed and breakfast, but never stayed there. Now, we'll never stay anywhere else in Calistoga... The Pink Mansion was absolutely perfect!

We loved the classic beauty and luxury of the Master Suite - it was beyond our expectations and even the web site photos don't do it justice. We arrived prior to regular check-in time as we'd booked a couples' massage with Special Occasion Massage (the best we'd EVER had) and the techs were arriving imminently, but Toppa and Leslie had everything ready for us and we felt immediately "at home."

The full breakfasts were phenomenal each morning - inventive and delicious. Fresh squeezed orange juice and brewed coffee, a nice selection of teas, a yummy variety of ripe, sliced fruit with sweet cream sauces and a hot specialty dish.

We really enjoyed getting to know our breakfast tablemates - all lovely, friendly people from around the U.S. and overseas, and Toppa, Leslie and their staff made us feel spoiled rotten the entire visit.

We'll be back!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

We came to the Pink Mansion for a romantic weekend in wine country, and it was pretty much everything we wanted. The actual hotel looks much better than the pictures they have on their website suggest. The decor is antique, but done very tastefully, no kitsch. Our room (the Garden room) was very welcoming, with a cute little bathroom, lots of light, and a good amount of space. The bed was luxuriously comfortable. The staff consists of the owners (a couple) and an assistant who does the housekeeping and helps with the cooking. The owners don't live here, so you will only see them at breakfast (9 AM sharp!) and between 3 and 5:30 PM, which are the check-in hours (we arrived late, so they just left our keys out for us). If you're concerned about a nosy B&B owner, have no fear here. The Pink Mansion is right on the main road, but is set back far enough that we had no trouble with traffic noise.

The breakfast was delicious and filling. Quiche, stuffed french toast, fresh fruit, and more...all served up by the cheery owners. You sit with 2-4 other guests at one of the two tables in the dining room. There's also wine and cheese at 5:30, but don't rush home for it; the stuff you can find out around wine country is better.

There's an indoor pool and an outdoor hot tub, as well as a secluded patio area. Nothing spectacular, but quite nice....perfect for unwinding after a long, hard day of drinking good wine and eating good food.

We'd recommend this highly for couples looking for a little romantic weekend.

1 Thank yolaniel
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

The Pink Mansion was everything we hoped for in a place for a romantic 25th anniversary return to the city of our honeymoon. This gorgeous victorian mansion is in superb, spotless condition. The decor is beautiful without being overdone, and the two largest suites are simply awesome. We stayed in the master suite and found it quite luxurious. Best of all was the warm hospitality of hosts Leslie and Toppa Epps. We so enjoyed getting to know a bit about Toppa's southern background, which is very evident in his easy, outgoing manner and his ability to tend to the needs of guests. He was super accomodating of our need to depart early for a bicycle tour, and he helped us to retrieve an important item we left behind in our hasty departure. We would highly recommend the Pink Mansion and hope to return.

1 Thank deniseddavis
Collierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

We have just returned from Napa and Sonoma. This was a blind booking based on a recommendation. It surpassed my expectations on all aspects. The afternoon wine and cheeses, and the hearty delicious breakfast was exceptional. And not to mention Toppa was a delight to visit and get good inside information about the characters of the town. Unfortunately we stayed the last 2 nights further down the road in St. helena and wished we had stayed at the Pink Mansion after checking into the other B&B. It is beautiful and welcoming. My only complaint was trying to find it. Look for the pink mailbox. Oh it was so convenient to walk to dinner at night.
We will return to the Pink Mansion!!!

2 Thank Ctowntraveler