“Heavenly getaway in Calistoga”
Review of Spa Solage

Spa Solage
More attraction details
Owner description: Health and wellness are at the heart of the Solage Napa Valley Resort experience. Artfully designed and ecologically conscious, Spa Solage offers relaxing and invigorating services, including new twists on the renowned Calistoga mud and mineral water therapies.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I decided to bail out from our stressful day jobs and parenting and spend a day at Spa Solage. It was well worth it. We each had 80 minute massages and we both proclaimed them to be the best massages we've ever had - and we've had many. We then spent the afternoon relaxing in the 90 degree sun by the pool and had a poolside lunch. The only reason I didnt give a full five stars was because they had run out of an appetizer that we wanted. The menus is quite limited to begin with, so when they run out of something, it becomes that much more limiting. But the rest of the lunch was very good. We cant wait to go back - hopefully for an overnight so we can take advantage of the fitness center and yoga!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The spa was incredible. We stayed at The Cottages of Napa, but I wanted the true day spa experience. After reading other travelers' reviews, I knew I had to book our services here and I was not disappointed. We booked the Double Your Leisure package, which included couples massages in a private room, couple's mudslides and lunch. It was my husband's first trip to any spa and my first mudslide. It was really fun. It was also really expensive... but worth every penny! The massage therapists were careful to make my husband feel relaxed and comfortable as he was a little nervous about the experience. The couples mudslide is a three-part treatment. The first involves a mixture of ash, water and a fragrant oil of your choice that you apply to each other in a private heated room with a private outdoor terrace. After the mud bakes, you wash it off and move to the next step -- the soak. The soak was my favorite part. The mineral waters were warm and relaxing, which was nice because it was cold the day we went. The final step is "the rest" which involves sitting in a sound vibrating chair. After the entire experience, we rested by the pool and relaxed until we were ready for our lunch reservation at Solbar, the restaurant on the property. The entire day from start to finish was completely relaxing and wonderful. Like I said before, worth every penny!! The only reason I didn't rate it excellent was because of the price. Stay all day and really enjoy it!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was so excited for my two spa appointments given the photos and rave reviews. My facial began with the woman calling me "Mrs. Howard". I am not married and my name is Howell. She spent far too much time grilling me about the products I use and lecturing me, while telling me I have good skin. I like to relax at a spa and enjoy the experience, and find it stressful that aestheticians feel the need to do this. I came to relax, not get grilled and lectured. It is also condescending.

The hot stone massage was very nice. The spa is a lovely place, but it is not extraordinary.

Denise

1  Thank Deniseinmc
Reviewed February 24, 2013

After visiting Indian Springs Spa in Calistoga for years, my daughter and I decided to try someplace new this year and I am so glad we did! Solage is a beautiful, peaceful spa in a beautiful place. We chose to stay at the Best Western 1/2 a mile away at $125 a night vs stage at Solage at $350 a night and that was the perfect decision. We were able to spend our money on pampering with massages and facials over two days, much more relaxing than trying to do everything at once. I had the Shiatsu Sweedish massage which was probably one of the best massages ever. And the facial was wonderful and I appreciated not being hit with a big sell job at the end to buy products (although they were available). We soaked in the tubs and enjoyed the warmth even on a cold February day. It was the perfect get away and I highly recommend it

1  Thank NancyHeld
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was my second visit to Spa Solage, and I can't wait to come back! This time I spent the day at the spa with 6 girlfriends. We had a cabana by the geothermal pools, and spent the day getting different treatments and enjoying the pools and treats from the pool-side menu. By the end of the day, we were all totally blissed-out and enjoyed watching the sun set and moon rise. I had a deep-tissue massage from Tim. Not only would I highly recommend him, but I will request him the next time I'm at Spa Solage.