“Only wine club I belong to”

Tamber Bey Vineyards
Book In Advance
More Info
$650.00*
and up
Private Napa Valley Wineries Day Trip
Ranked #6 of 67 things to do in Calistoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the extraordinary Sundance Ranch in Calistoga, Tamber Bey Vineyards is renowned for its 100% estate-grown Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot and Chardonnay. These hand crafted wines are meticulously cared for from the vineyards to the winery to make extraordinary Napa Valley character wines. With estate vineyards in the Oakville and Yountville appellations, these cool-climate grapes are designated for the Tamber Bey signature single-vineyard wines. The winery is located in a beautiful working horse ranch, and visitors will be treated to a truly unique experience of wine and horses.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 29, 2012

0 friends
Eric S.
Agoura Hills, CA
6/29/2012
I have never felt compelled to write a review before, but felt I needed to do so today.  While I am not a wine snob, I appreciate finer wines and this winery has hit it out of the ballpark.  Because of that, I have never before belonged to a wine club, but am now a member of this wine club.

First, the wine tasting room is beautiful, spacious and cozy.  The staff is not only friendly, but extremely enthusiastic about their wines.  You can see the pride they have in serving each and every wine.

Second, I met the owners and they are making wine because they love to make wine.  It's almost like each bottle is their baby and they are sharing it with you,

Most importantly, all the wines are exceptional.  For example, I am not a fan of Sauvignon blanc, but it was delicious,  the cabs are complex but not overbearing.  The Chardonnay (while a bit  on the expensive side) is smooth and enticing.  And their most recent Merlot rose is fabulous (and I am not a big rose fan).

But if you are going to buy any wine from them at all, their Rabicano is a must.  A blend mostly cab but some Merlot and some others make it a sure winner.

Despite liking many different wines, I never join wine clubs because they usually have a few winners and some others that they happen to make.  I don't believe you will find any wine Tamber Bey makes you won't like.  That's why it's the only wine club I now belong to!

2  Thank Eric S
There are newer reviews for Tamber Bey Vineyards

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Living locally we are very spoilt for choice with the wineries. I really love the casual yet elegant feel to the tasting room. I especially love the cookie matching. It's all about enhancing flavors .. for anyone not sure on which wines bring out certain flavors, then this is a great way to do that. The staff are very knowledgable and really helpful, with lots of great tips around the area. Best of all they were so accommodating to our 3 year old daughter, a BIG plus in my book.
Thanks Tamber Team Bey

1  Thank kate m
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The winery story was neat, the wines were okay. The best part was the cookie/wine tasting mix. Check online at winecountry.com or wineryfinder with econcierge for coupons.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

The location in town was nice and the server was personable but the wines were just okay.

waitte, Owner at Tamber Bey Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

this is a review that i wish was more descriptive. not often we get one that says 'okay wines', which i guess is 'okay', but hard to get a hold of. i am curious to know where 'pge27' came from before they tried our wines - maybe eating ice cream like in her trip-advisor picture? that would have some influence on the taste of any wine! barry - owner

Reviewed May 24, 2012

This place is open late (8) so since we'd just gotten into town we stopped by. For starters they have a sharing fee; I've never heard of that before! I was driving and only wanted at most a small sip/taste of what my husband felt was good and from what I read (not what they said) I couldn't do this. So I was already turned off. But then they were just stuffy. It was nice to have a seat to sit at. But just no fun and everything the gal told us about the wines was so scripted.

yikes! this is not the impression we like to give our guests. i appreciate the input and have addressed this immediately with our staff, and have made some changes. so 'bubbles'', i hope you come back and give us another chance adn tell me how we are doing! barry - owner.