“Great experience for us!”

Calistoga Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Calistoga mudbaths were recommended as a must-do activity when visiting wine country in California. We made a reservation for a couples mudbath midweek which, including a 1 hour massage after the mudbath/shower/jacuzzi/body wrap, cost $144 each...a great deal in our opinion. I agree with the other reviewers that it isn't a luxurious atmosphere but it is clean, welcoming, and the staff is wonderful. We had Sara as our mudbath attendant. She was very attentive to us, happy, and seemed to enjoy her work very much. She explained the entire process to us, introduced each step, and then left for awhile so that we could enjoy ourselves. She would knock and wait for us to invite her back into the room before coming in to place a cool cloth on our faces and necks, apply the facial treatment, or tell us how to prepare for the next step. We chose to each have a massage after the mudbath. My husband had Angela for his massage. He had never had a massage before and enjoyed it so much he is ready to sign up for another! I had Betina who I thought was WONDERFUL. I will definitely request her on our next trip. So...from the point of view of two novices I would say this was a fantastic experience and a tremendous value for the price.

3  Thank Patty028

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very nice place, great Hot tubs and pool as well as spa facilities. Rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable. The grounds are well maintained and provide a relaxing atmosphere. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend it.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

A MUST- Golden Haven Spa. At the suggestion of our friends who did this a few months ago, we did a couples mud bath. Looks yucky, but it is WONDERFUL!

After braving it and getting in the mud, which is hot, the attendant waits on you: puts cold compresses on your head, gives you cold water, and places a face mask as you "float" on mud.

After you shower, you get into a mineral jacuzzi. Then, you are taken to the relaxation room where you're wrapped and put to a nap! What else can I say?

It was the MOST relaxing hour I can remember!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I am a local tour driver (no I didn't get a deal) and I wanted to take my wife away for a couple of days to get away. I have always heard good reports from the clients who have had experiences
At Golden Haven, so I thought I would give it a shot. Glad we did! Loved the room with the jacuzzi tub as well as the treatment! The staff was exceptional and I will be recommending my guest give it a try!

1  Thank kent_wmconsulting
Reviewed July 8, 2013

the experience was different and interesting, but I expected a more relaxing environment and newer facility. we had to wait for 45 minutes for our 1-hour-long appointment, which was a bummer given that we wanted to get dinner afterwards and the extra wait resulted in us being late and all restaurants in town were closed. our attendant was very nice though.