“I could stay here for a week!”

Calistoga Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The wife and I went on a little holiday this past weekend. We weren't quite sure what to expect, the wife said the reviews were all over the board. The best part about this place is that its relaxing all the way around. The place is 'clean,' friendly, and accomodating. However, at the same time, it's not so nice that you feel under dressed. This is the first time we've ever been to a mud bath and it was everything we were hoping for. When you're in the bath, you feel completely weightless and supported. Just sit back, relax, and chill. One thing though, the mud is STICKY! We ended up with a two room suite, with television, microwave, fridge, sink, etc. However, since we were away from the kids we never even turned on the TV. So, if you're looking for something easy and relaxing, go check it out.

1  Thank super_e916
in 16 reviews
"sulfur"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We had an appointment for 3pm, and arrived at 10am to see if they could fit us in early and they did! The staff are excellent, the mud bath was nice and hot and soothing, the mineral bath Jacuzzi was fun and the 1/2 massage was the best way to end this experience. I would definitely return and the price was excellent.

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Great price, I got a two bedroom suite for two people, mud bath, and a massage for just under 500 (2 days)
The room was clean and very comfortable. The water temp is not consistent because of the minerals? I was in room 10 and it had nice French doors, two queens, flat screen, microwave , refrigerator, and vaulted ceiling with pretty fan.

The spa is really nice and I loved the staff. My massage was great but I wish I would've done more then 30 minutes. The mud was interesting and left my skin soft, I would do it again.

The reason I gave it four stars was ; it's placed in a strange neighborhood, they sell candy at the desk but it would be nice if they had some breakfast too because the restaurants aren't super close, the jets on hot tub didn't work, and the mud bath was burning hot ( but you'll live if you don't move to much.)

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My Wife likes the natural ways (of bath too :) ) so I opted in and let me tell you, didn't regret.
Good things were -
1) Elegant, graceful and gentle staff ( especially one who actually helps you with mud-bath)
2) Got a good package deal - got internet last minute special, so book beforehand - 1 week before.
3) Can go swimming pool after you are done, not that you would like to swim after this :), but it's good to play around in water.
Things that were not so good -
1) Constant noise (of generator or something) outside our mud bath room , sort of annoying.
2) Can be costly if you go for regular prices.
3) We got perpendicular mud tubs , we were not Side by Side - but you can ask for one , they have parallel ones as well, I came to know later.

So In all , I did not regret the experience of mud-bath by itself , but next time, I may try some other locations in Calistoga as well.