“The best place for couples mud bath”

Calistoga Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa
Oakland, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“The best place for couples mud bath”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I love this place for a mud bath with my hubby.It's not fancy but is private and clean.The people that work here are nice and friendly yet professional.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank AndeeFeldman

Calistoga, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Our stay in Calistoga wine country and our experience at the Golden Haven resort”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We are photographers from Puerto Rico and above all wine aficionados. We visited Napa and Sonoma valleys last year but this year we decided to stay in st Helena and Calistoga wine country. We like staying in Calistoga because of hot springs. This time, we decided to say at the Golden Heaven Spa & Resort. We booked the romantic package for couples. I personally found this experience very interesting but my wife was somehow disappointed with the regular rooms, so upgraded to a suite. But we both agree that the mud bath experience was more of torture than pleasure. What they don’t tell you that this hot like oven! I know it’s written lalab but imagine whose who do not understand English. They should more transparent about at the front desk but they don’t! Beware of this factor before you sign up for this mud bath. We had a mud bath once on the west shores of the dead sea but it was not like that at all. Why don’t they control the temperature of this is a manmade components called mud bath? I wish they would be more chatty and smiling the front desk and explain that. Also, no business center is available and no breakfast is provided either in this motel. Yes, the resort is more of a motel than a hotel style.

Our friend son the other hand, have enjoyed their stay more than us which means this review is subject and reflects our own opinion. We are confident that this may be the place for you or maybe not .Overall, it’’s a god experience.

Ernest and Julia Cespedes

Visited January 2012
1 Thank ERNEST C
Sacramento
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Low key and very enjoyable”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We (three chicks) visited on a Saturday in January for massages and hot soaks. We were a little perplexed when we were driving to the spa because we were in the middle of a residential area, but once we drove in and parked we thought it was very cute. The reception office is nicely decorated and the people behind the counter were fast and friendly. Two of us did back and neck massages and one did foot reflexology. We soaked in the hot tubs and swam in the mineral water pool for a few minutes and then had our massages, which we really enjoyed. Everyone at this place seemed very professional and they also seemed very committed to keeping things clean and tidy. Overall we had a lovely afternoon and we will definitely return for more. One of the things I liked the best about Golden Haven was that it wasn't zoo-y like I've seen at other spas in the area.

Visited January 2012
connecticut
146 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“Simple and unique”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband and I took advantage of an internet special offering a couples mud bath while recently visiting wine country. After an arduous afternoon of wine tasting we arrived at this hot springs spa for our couples mud treatment. It began with a soaking in the community hot tub and outdoor pool since we had allowed a little time before our appointment. This is a full service spa with lodging available. The facilities are simple, without any pomp or circumstance, but adequate. We were provided thick terry robes, rubber flip flops and a dandy mesh bag on a hanger to keep our personals. The pool was chilled to be refreshing and the two "hot tubs" varied in temp from very warm to hot. The receptionists were friendly and the young man who took us to our mud room and walked us through the treatment regiment was very kind and accommodating. The treatment itself was very interesting: we were invited to strip down and lower ourselves into a cement like slurry of mud and mineral water, like suspended animation. Our attendant applied a clay mask to our face. We were in a private room equipped with a cement L shaped bath, a shower to wash the mud off afterward, and a private jacuzzi. We soaked in the mud for about 12 minutes, feet to feet, heads facing out, then showered off , then had more private time in the jacuzzi for another 10 minutes. The mud was really hot near the bottom but comfortable, it was fun showering off together and we were afforded plenty of privacy and cold drinking water during the whole process. Then we robed up and were brought to another private room, candle lit and light soothing music, where we were invited to relax in separate beds and/or have an added optional massage. We opted to take a nap, since we had a two hour drive back to our lodging. We were provided fresh drinking water throughout the treatment, and although this is no fancy spa with any plush extras, we found things to be tidy and the staff friendly. The proceedure/treatment was very unique and very well worth the half price internet special and more. I would highly recommend adding the massage.
Our skin felt so good, body and soul detoxed and renewed!

Visited November 2011
3 Thank mushroommarlene
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Mud bath for a novice!!”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

My son-in-law so graciously gifted me and my daughter the massage/mud bath package, with a 2 night stay.

Since this was our first experience with a mud bath, we were a little hesitant, thought about canceling. We are grateful that we rode it out. It was a good experience.

The hotel was slightly uncharming, on arrival. Once inside our room it was much better than expected. I would say, 50's style ambiance. Pool/spa area was not appealing at all, very much in need of TLC. We were there for the mudbath and the massage. The purpose of a mud bath, is to detoxify and soothe aching muscles. The complete process was explained to us, and we felt very comfortable. We were immersed in the warm mud, approx. 100 degrees for about 10 min. I use the term immersed, but it was more like suspended, floating... We were then asked to shower off. Next step, our private jacuzzi for another 10 mins., filled with Calistoga hot springs water, all of which are in the same room. The process ended with a blanket wrap in a relaxing private room. For inquiring minds like me, yes, we were naked for each step. My daughter nicknamed it dirty bath :) Should also note the mud does have a slight sulfur odor as well. My daughter also said, and I won't mention any names, if you are claustrophobic it is probably not for you. One more major concern for the two of us, "supposedly" the mud is sterilized after each use. :) We were then off for our 1hour massage. Massage by Heather, was awesome.

After it was all said and done... we both enjoyed it, and felt rejuvenated. It is not a fancy spa scene by no means. The best part, it was a great mother/daughter experience with many chuckles and memories.

What happens in Calistoga stays in Calistoga. :)

Visited November 2011