“Informative Tour and Tasting”
Review of Reverie Winery

Reverie Winery
Ranked #20 of 67 things to do in Calistoga
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife and I wanted to visit a smaller winery in the Diamond Mountain AVA. We checked the Trip Advisor reviews on wineries in that area and decided to book a tasting with Reverie. Andy, who unbeknownst to us is the owner's son, gave us a personal tour. The grounds are beautiful with a lovely garden and huge coastal redwoods. The tour was quite comprehensive, it included the wine cave and an explanation of the wine making process as well as the garden. Andy was very personable and informative, answering all of our many questions. The wines are also delicious and reasonably priced (for Napa Valley). I highly recommend booking a tour at Reverie, it is a great experience!

1  Thank raysfan100
There are newer reviews for Reverie Winery

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We took a family trip to Calistoga and asked to see a winery with an outstanding location. Reverie didn't disappoint in this regard: it's stunningly gorgeous. The tour is informative and the wines are fantastic. My gripe (and it will prevent me from coming back AND referring anyone) is that the guide (I think her name was Laurie) was incredibly officious and obnoxious. She went on and on about the wine club, the perks her longterm clients receive, and what she'll do for 'big buyers'.

The wines start at about $100 a bottle. We bought a few, and had the distinct feeling that this wasn't appreciated.

Total turn-off! Everyone in the wine country was incredibly gracious and friendly and Reverie was the only sour note in an otherwise fabulous trip.

3  Thank Zunzie
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We went to Reverie based on the favorable TripAdvisor reviews. What a fantastic experience! Our hostess, Sarah, was very knowledgable and personable. We had such a great time. We felt like we were having a tasting with an old friend. All of the wines were delicious...we ended up joining the wine club. The tasting was almost completely outdoors, aside from one tasting in the caves. The redwood tree circle was spectacular. The grounds were very beautiful, and it was nice to taste the wines outdoors. This was a very refreshing change from the almost cattle-call like experiences at the larger wineries. All in all, an unforgettable experience. I highly recommend this winery to anyone looking for a unique experience. This was our favorite winery of the trip.

2  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed June 1, 2014

On our Anniversary trip, our driver - having discovered the types of wines and settings we were seeking - set up an appointment at Reverie. It turned out to be an absolute highlight of our trip. We were greeted and joined by Guillermo for our entire visit, where he treated us like royalty. His deep understanding of the business, the history and the wines was insightful, as we began our sampling in the cave. Next came a real treat, as we were led to the giant Redwoods for additional tastings and more discussion. Talk about a unique experience in a truly unmatched setting! Relaxing. Romantic. Spiritual. I only wish we could have stayed another hour, but had other places to visit. If you are going to Reverie (I encourage you to!), join their club. They don't charge for the tasting and are very liberal with their pours, to insure you really get to know their wines, which are WONDERFUL! Purchasing their wine is well worth it and the memories of the visit are eternal.

3  Thank Jim B
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Everyone in our group of six enjoyed a tour of this winery. Our driver got us in on a busy day. The owner of the winery gave us the tour himself. It is beautiful and small. The tasting in the cave and outside in the redwood grove was spectacular. The 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon was particularly good. There was an issue at the end of the tasting not related to the winery, but should be mentioned for anyone planning a tour here. There is no charge for the tour or the tasting. You are given very generous pours. When you are done and feeling pretty darn good you are offered a membership in their wine club or to purchase individual bottles. The wine is very expensive for the average wine drinker. The club cost is as well. I have much more expensive wine in my collection, so I wasn't too shocked by the prices. I declined to join or purchase a bottle because I was expecting a pretty stiff fee for all six of us to tour and taste. But not knowing up front that the tour and tasting was free caused a little bit of a hard feeling when I declined. When our limo driver told us that there was no charge for any of it and it is expected that you at least buy some wine I quickly caught up with the owner and purchased some wine. Go in knowing that you will be tasting some very good, expensive wines for free and maybe you will be inclined to splurge on some of their fantastic wine.