“Redwoods and Wine”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Redwoods and Wine”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I hired a car service and guide, James with Flex Wine Tours (reviewed independently), to take us around Napa for 2 days. We toured 8 wineries in two days, 4 on Saturday and 4 on Sunday.

This was our second stop and much more enjoyable than our first. It was semi-private with very personalized attention. We had our own guide for the tasting/tour, which began by the outdoor fermentation tanks. We then wondered into the wine cave for the next wine, which then continued on into the most magnificent circle of Redwood trees. In this amazing circle of trees, we continued our tasting and conversation with our guide.

We really enjoyed our experience at Reverie and liked the wine as well. This tasting really set the wheels in motion for a great afternoon of tasting.

Visited May 2012

San Francisco, California
132 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“Amazing grounds; hidden gem; best sauvignon blanc”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

1) Great sauvignon blanc- very crisp, clean and tasty. $18 is ok for a great SB
2) Amazing grounds; great for weddings, parties.
The redwood grounds is magical!
3) Friendly staff

Visited September 2011
1 Thank jocelynlee
wichita kansas
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Tasting amongst the redwoods”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We visited Reverie the 1st week of November. Tasting/tour is by appointment only. We were fortunate enough to have Andrew(owner's son) to walk us through the property & lead us through our tasting. This tasting is a very unique experience because 2 of the tasting "stops" are outside, one in a circle of redwoods & another around a magnificent redwood table & benches. The 3rd tasting spot is in the Reverie cave. I would suggest doing this tasting during the warmest time of the day since the majority is done outdoors & Reverie is located on Diamond Mountain. Andrew was very knowledgeable & incredibly passionate about not only what was going on @ Reverie but also with what was happening within the rest of the wine industry. We played a tasting game, trying to identify the Reverie reserve cab vs their base cab. This got us more invested in the tasting & improved our tasting technique. Andrew also participated & it was interesting to see how focused he was on making the correct selection. The Reverie reds are amazing & offer tremendous value! The bad news is tastings are now over for this season & will not begin again until late spring.

Blackhawk, California, United States
“Worst customer service I have experienced in Napa”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

The worst winery experience I have had in 15 years of visiting Napa. The wine was OK, but the people were incredibly rude and inhospitable. While I was there our host (do not recall her name) seemed visibly annoyed with us being there. I signed up for a membership anyway as I enjoyed one of their wines, but later cancelled as I could not get past their lack of customer service. The person on the phone did not take us off the list and my credit card was charged for a club shipment. When I called to correct the issue, the same person I met at the winery started yelling and hung up on me. I was calm the entire time, so who knows what set her off.
I recommend avoiding them like the plague.

Visited June 2011
, Owner at Reverie Winery, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
This is from the owners son. This person is a crazy person. He describes himself as calm, but he was screaming at our two office people. One of our office people is not great at dealing with customers, she has taken a customer training class since, but will never be perfect. However, our other office guy is completely mellow. This guy was screaming at him.

To show how vindictive he is because of buyers remorse, he is going on any site he can to bad mouth us. He went on yelp too. Frankly, we thank him on yelp as it has reduced the number of yelp customers visiting our winery as they are less likely to buy wine. In fact, we have written bad reviews on our winery to decrease visitors so thank you! . All he had to do was return the wine that he signed up for, and then we were going to reimburse him.

Notice, he only has one review online and two on yelp both negative. At least for credibility write one good review of another business to show you are normal. So, we get 5 less trip advisor customer per year oh well. Our wines sell out in less than 6 months for most of our wines. It is because we have one of the best wine tours. Our wines are very good, and we pour 6 reds, but it is never about just the wines. Our wine tour is one of the best in Napa Valley and there is nothing this guy can do to stop people from loving our wine tours. Cheers!
Indianapolis, Indiana
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Redwood Forest Winery-Beautiful and Great Wines”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Just the scenery alone will captivate you! Take a wine tour or plan a lunch tour with the great guides at Reverie. We joined the wine club and are still enjoying their great wine selections.
Owner is on site and quite entertaining and gracious. Spent alot of time with us, nice personal touch!
A must stop on a Napa wine adventure!

Visited October 2010