“Shangri-la”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Meadowlark Country House
Ranked #4 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have been coming to the valley for 13 years, rented some very nice homes, & stayed at some fantastic B&B's. This was by far the nicest B&B. It was a true Shangri-La. Beautiful rooms, grounds, pool, horses. I did not want to leave. Richard & Kurt were awesome. I will never look elsewhere when choosing a B&B again.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic. look at the pics on the site. There are no bad ones.
There are newer reviews for Meadowlark Country House

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Our 25th anniversary will forever be our favorite.

Our time spent at this paradise was incredible!

My wife had tears in her eyes as we crossed the bridge to leave. (I fought mine back!)

Room 4 was spectacular from the moment we walked in we knew it was going to be a great stay.

Coffee on that huge patio in the morning with the chill in the morning air was a great start to our day.

Richard's breakfast was unbelievable! Cooked to order eggs benedict! Not your typical B&B!

The pool, hot tub, and sauna were a welcome site after "working" so hard all day...............tasting wine! We rented bikes at Calistoga Bike shop, great way to see the country side.

Kurt and Richard are the best hosts!

We were so happy with our stay! We will be back! Already saving for the next trip!
Rich & Lisa

1  Thank DiverDown111
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is the third time we visited Napa Valley and all 3 times we stayed at the Meadowlark. We're already booking our room for next year's trip. Meadlowlark is Unique because the property has a covered bridge, mountain views, horses, gardens, and a clothing optional pool. It is Fabulous because "our room" (Mountainview Room) is so comfortable, with our own deck facing the horses and the mountains; a jacuzzi tub, a fridge for wine, and a lovely soothing decor. It's the Best because Richard and Kurt are such great hosts who always offer ideas for things to do in the area, places to eat, towns to visit, wineries to try and so on. Breakfast at the Meadowlark is always delicious, the setting is incredible, and the conversation lively. It's the most relaxing enjoyable place to be, and we cannot wait for our next trip!

Room Tip: We have only stayed in the Mountainview Room, it's our favorite. But best rooms would be those...
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Kurt and Richard are great hosts. They have a beautiful property which they've set up to be a lovely secluded hide-away. We stayed in the Pond Room, which was very private and indeed had a Pond and patio all to ourselves. The pool was heated and the sauna and hot tub were great. There was an interesting mix of guests and we all had a chat over home cooked breakfast. I will definitely be back. This clothing optional place has a friendly, relaxed and comforting feel.

Room Tip: Suites in the Guest Wing are larger, but further away from the pool.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

that is was the perfect location for me to propose to my now fiancée! We returned to Meadowlark to celebrate her 50th birthday and I wanted to make it extra special for her. In fact it was on a previous trip to Meadowlark that Kurt took me aside and told me she was the perfect women for me and she should be my wife! I listened…. And he is right! Meadowlark will always be special to us.

Kurt & Richard are all around wonderful hosts. I look forward to breakfasts … not only is the food terrific… but so is the conversation which is always stimulating and fun! Meeting fellow guests is always a treat.

The rooms are comfortable and nicely furnished… the view from the room is wonderful… the grounds are well maintained. The pool is always a treat… relaxed and friendly. We have stayed in the Main House (#4) and the Guest House - Pond Room and recommend both.

Meadowlark is definitely a “5”! Highly recommended! We will be back again… hopefully sooner then later. (Our stay was the end of July 2013 – I am tardy in my posting. )

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I loved everything about the Meadowlark Country House. We stayed in the MT. view room, it also had a beautiful view of the horses that are on the property. Rich and Kurt we're wonderful, helped plan our day, cooked a wonderful breakfast, and shared a laugh or two!
The property and pool/ spa area are beautiful and well kept. There are special sculptures on the property that make great photo opts! The trip to Meadowlark made our 25th anniversary very special. We love Calistoga!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 80colleen
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to this wonderful B & B in the heart of the wine county.

THE ROOM:

This time we stayed in the 'Pond Room'. It is well appointed and has an amazingly comfortable bed. It also has a large very private patio which gets full afternoon sun --perfect for working on your 'all over tan'.

The bathroom has a large Jacuzzi for two and -as all rooms do--comes complete with a corkscrew, wine glasses and a champagne bucket.

The only down side to this room is the fact that it has the afternoon sun. On especially warm or sunny days, this room would likely get warm as the blinds do not block al the sunlight.

This is only a minor point however. Many guests we spoke with say they would actually prefer such a location.

THE GROUNDS:

Take a brief walk and see the horses, parakeets, parrots, chickens, Guiney hens, etc. that populate the grounds. See the gardens where Richard ( one of he owners ) gets his herbs and other ingredients for his famous breakfasts.

BREAKFAST:

When you stay in a place that features ' breakfast' in its name--you MUST sample it. Richard is a marvelous cook and each day brings a different entre-from eggs benedict( terrific) to mushroom omelets or pancakes. All with a bowl of hearty granola cereal--which I prefer to eat without milk-- like a trail mix, and fresh fruit, juice and coffee / tea.

THE POOL / SPA / SAUNA:

Be advised this area is clothing optional and most, if not all guests tend to enjoy this area nude. That said there is no pressure -- rather you may or may not ' disrobe to your comfort level'. Some do--some don't -- no one cares or judges either way. Unfortunately on this trip the weather was too cool and rainy for us to enjoy this area. ( The day we had to leave, the weather was sunny and 85).

THE OWNERS:

Kurt and Richard are the most gracious and helpful hosts you could ever hope to find.

Richard will go out of his way to call and use his connections to get reservations at area restaurants or wineries. Kurt will give his expert and unbiased opinions of wherever you
plan to visit. Both will sit and chat with you at breakfast as if you're an old friend.

Since our first visit--my wife and I agreed that this is our only place to stay on our annual visit to the wine country.

Room Tip: I doubt there's a bad room in the place. But, I do prefer the Mt View for the morning sun and t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
The Bergson
#2 of 15 in Calistoga
Cottage Grove Inn
Cottage Grove Inn
#3 of 27 in Calistoga

Been to Meadowlark Country House? Share your experiences!