Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews petite syrah wine club small winery napa valley tasting experience chateau montelena wines wineries host cab crush winemaker
Reviewed 4 days ago

Do yourself a favor and go wine tasting at Envy. Owned by Mark Carter of Eureka Carter House Inn (huge fan), my girlfriends and I went because of that and were not disappointed. We showed up without a reservation because we somehow missed that we needed one but they graciously greeted us and found a table for us in between two other reservations. It was fantastic, from the wines to our gal who shared her expertise with us. I wish I could remember her name, she was great and I believe from North Carolina?? I fell in love with the Bee Bee's Blend (Cabernet, Merlot, Petite Sirah) and also the dessert wine (Envy Late Harvest 375 ml) which surprised me since I'm not a fan of sweet wines; this one was soft and yummy. It's a beautiful setting inside and out with great staff. An excellent experience all around! Thank you Envy Wines.

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

“There are lots of places like Napa in the world but these little towns in the valley.....” - yes! You got our attention funny girl serving us with their wines. Leaving the Chateau - whatever winery up the road without any tasting (you know, we have a wait for about 35 minutes right now - well, you can stick your poshiness you know where!) this winery was like a breath of fresh air! Two friendly knowledgable young women serving us with their wines, explaining anything and everything about wines, region, local coffee and eukalyptus trees stuff up in California, we had a ball!! We are pretty serious wine buffs, visited hundreds of wineries in Australia, coming to Napa valley with high expectations. This little winery delivered on everything - wines were fantastic and the service next to none.
Well, mind you, if you are after the Chateau de Pretentiousness experience, you’ll just need to travel a bit further up the road.

Reviewed May 2, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I made a trip to Calistoga for a day and chose this winery to have a wine tasting experience. We visited later in the afternoon. So we really didn't have much time to explore much more than we wanted. We booked the wine tasting for two before we arrived and upon arriving we were met by a lady at the bar by the entrance of the winery . The winery scene was beautiful and it was a nice sunny day so it was clear and amazing outside . The view from the inside was amazing too. It had a cozy atmosphere. We got to taste and sample five kinds of wine and the history of the small operation was explained to us. The lady who took care of serving us didn't really have the best attitude and manners . She was snappy and unfriendly and was more concerned about cleaning up ,washing glasses and trying to prepare for closing rather than be more attentive to us. We were asking questions and we
Didn't really get a good vibe from her even if she tried to answer them .She was also much more attentive to the bigger group ahead of us and we felt a little descriminated maybe because we only booked a cheap wine tasting package or whatever else . We didn't really enjoy our experience here, I have visited other wineries and definitely didn't get this kind of treatment,
Others were much more welcoming and friendlier and accommodating. Even just asking her to snap a picture of us didnt feel too comfortable. The other lady running the place that day was also the same way! I come from a culture where customer service is very important and I think this place has a lot more work to do as far as this is concerned . This definitely makes or breaks ones experience at these places . And them being such a small operation, all the more they need to have that more welcoming personal experience. there are many other wineries lined up in this town , skip this one and go elsehwere .

Reviewed December 26, 2017

love this winery, the wines are fantastic, and the the tasting staff are fun and inviting. They are the best in Calistoga and have delicious wines!

Reviewed October 25, 2017

After visiting Chateau Montelena Winery we stopped at this small winery and enjoyed an outstanding wine tasting experience choreographed by Kathy who poured a generous glass of absolutely delicious wines. With our Wine Priority Pass we had a two for one wine tasting that was wonderful. Our private tour through the winery was enhanced by the resident winemaker who walked us through the crush of the just harvested crop, explaining the process, showing us the machinery and communicating an enthusiasm that was contagious. This is an undiscovered gem that produces wines of distinction.

2  Thank KLE2013
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

I definitely would recommend this to my family and friends it's a nice place to come quiet Boutique wines are kind of dry to me I like the Carter wines here better.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

Many of the wineries in the valley have lost a lot due to droves of passersby. This winery has escaped the deluge (so far). It is a sweet spot where wine is carefully made and distributed in a way that it is still about the wine, not tourism. Eek. I am one of those who is disturbing the balance. In the meantime, stop here.

1  Thank julesofthesea
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

Erin was great host
Wines were spot on I enjoyed company of Hector and Pauline. But wine was fantastic and they stayed late while we drank more

Reviewed July 22, 2017

We went to scout out wineries for our wine group who will be coming to Calistoga in October. Went to a number of Calistoga wineries and were very impressed with the quality of wines in the northern Napa Valley. The reds were particularly outstanding. One of the best wineries we found was Envy Wines on Tubbs Lane, a small production, boutique winery. Michael was a great host, very knowledgeable, and very passionate about wine which made the whole tasting experience fun, informative, and very laid back comfortable. Our party of 5 all loved ALL off the wines we tasted. The reds (Cab, Petite Syrah,) were rich, smooth, with a long finish. Lots of fruit and not reds with high tannin feel. Loved all the wines. This would be an example of a winery where you would want to join the wine club. Our wine group will definitely come here in October.

1  Thank Emptynest1234
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

I am planning to spend 2 days in Napa County and visited Envy as a recommendations. It was amazing! No crowds, but fantastic experience. They know their stuff and ultimately want you to leave happy, not necessarily with a car full of wine. On that note, I ended up purchasing quite a few bottles :) not sorry! I think it's the best reds I've ever had!

Highly recommend!