“Save your money!”

and up
Old Faithful Geyser Admission
Ranked #15 of 68 things to do in Calistoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Like its more famous Yellowstone counterpart, this Napa Valley geyser erupts at regular intervals - every forty minutes, in the case of the Calistoga gusher.
Vienna, Austria
“Save your money!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

The only excuse to pay a $10-14 entrance fee is showing kids a live geyser. We watched it from the parking area which was fun too :-)

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Teignmouth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Old Faithful, California”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

It's spectacular enough to warrant a visit and watch the hot, steaming water spout build up steam and then shoot some 60 feet in the air. I felt it was a bit expensive, though we got senior rates as they're in the middle of doing the place up and adding more ammenities.

Los Angeles, California
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Fun sight”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The first time I came to this place, I did not go in. I saw the price for admission and it seemed like it was over priced. A year later I was back with my kids and decided to go in, as they had never seen a geyser before. Yes, i think admission is fully priced but it was kind of fun. And they used to have some great animals there which I think they may have in the future, but they are remodeling it. When you learn about the geyser, you realize it is a unique phenomenon and the only one in this part of the US. And when the geyser does go off, it is kind of cool. What it made me realize is why our public park service is so important. So sights such as these are preserved for the future and that there is little cost to see it. This site, obviously would not have been preserved so it has been privatized. And someone needs to make a profit. Hence, the fees. But it is cool to see. So it is the price to pay.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Boca062
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Worth a look if you have time”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Looked like they were in the middle off alterations so it was a bit of a building site. The geyser itself was fascinating. There was some interesting facts about the phenomenon. Then there were some llamas and sheep in a large pen nearby. They also had Tennessee Fainting Goats though we didn't see one faint! We thought the entrance fee of $14 was a bit expensive though as seniors we paid $3 less.

32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“It's a geyser.”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

If you've never seen a geyser and don't have plans to hit Yellowstone, it may be worth swinging by to check this one out. But the cost of admission ($14/adult) makes it a bit disappointing. Because for the same price, you could spend more time and taste a flight of great wines. Instead, you'll stand around petting goats and waiting for the geyser to blow. Separately: I love fainting goats so I would've gone there just for that - but I didn't see a single one tumble. Boo. So, all in all, it was disappointing for the fee. Had it been free, it would've been worth cruising through. Or if they had more signage explaining the physics of a geyser so we could've learned something, I would've found it more redeeming. Alas, this one gets two stars instead of one because it IS a geyser, there ARE goats, and you can check the "cheesy tourist trip" box on your roadtrip bingo card.