“Slept like a baby”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Minden, Nevada
“Slept like a baby”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I slept like a baby at the Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort. Our quiet room had comfortable beds and lovely bedding. Clean and convenient to all the restaurants and shops.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This was about my 20th trip to the Roman Spa. I haven''t been in about two years. It was like going home. This is the best place on the planet to restore your soul. I always forget how wonderful it is until I get there again. It is welcoming, clean, the staff couldn't be more helpful and the other guests are interesting and friendly. Then there are the mineral pools. What a spectacular place to restore. Gardens are great and it is relaxed, nothing required but a bathing suit and willingness to enjoy. I will go back again in three months. It won't be two years again

Room Tip: I love room 114. On the end, right across the garden from the pool. Quiet and comfortable
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
94515management, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Barbara,
We really appreciate your wonderful comments and are proud to serve you. We are happy you have returned after a few years and still find us to be "the best place on the planet to restore your soul" it surely doesn't get any better than that! Now that you have reacquainted yourself with us again, please don't wait so long to return. Every season in Calistoga has something special to offer. My favorites are late fall, winter, and spring. Give us a try in a different season and let us know what you think!
monroe, connecticut
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Very disapointed in my recent stay here. The pool and spa water appeared green and mucky. You could not pay me to have any type of spa service at this resort, the grounds were run down and the mud bath area was dirty and dark. The rooms also need serious renovation. The people at check in were not friendly at all. Overall the town is cute with nice shops and restaurants ! Too bad this resort exists there in this condition.

2 Thank expertspa-girl
94515management, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
expertspa,
I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with our hotel and spa. Although I recognize that we cannot please everyone, all of our staff members try very hard. Additionally, 89% of all trip advisor reviewers find our facility a very positive experience. Although you did not mention it, we are in the middle of construction on one building which I initially thought might have contributed to your statement that our grounds are "run down" but since we have numerous compliments on our hundreds of annuals and perennials throughout the property that are cared for on a daily basis, I was a little perplexed.
Your comments about the pools indicated to me that you may not be familiar or have not experienced geothermal water. Our pools are filled with natural geothermal water, thus due to the authentic nature of the mineral water combined with air temperature, chlorine levels (as required by law), and sun vs. cloud cover, water appearance in the pools can range from crystal clear, cloudy, bright blue, or even a slightly green cast. Mineral water is a natural, healing experience, I'm sorry you felt it was otherwise.
Our rooms are exactly what you see on our website, traditional cherry wood, armoires, and an updated bed package that is well maintained with impecable housekeeping.
As a positive comment, I am glad you thought Calistoga was a cute town, I hope you will consider Calistoga again in the future and since we were unable to meet your needs I hope you would consider another Calistoga lodging facility that would suit you better.
San Jose, California
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I took my granddaughter to the Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort to celebrate her 17th birthday. My husband and I had stayed there and I thought she'd enjoy getting away. I am happy to report...She Loved It!

Our room was spacious and clean. The people staying at the Spa turned out to be friendly, which was an added bonus. I was surprised at how often my granddaughter wanted to relax by going into all three mineral pools. Staff is friendly and helpful and most accommodating. The Roman Spa is only a short block from Calistoga's Lincoln Avenue so we were able to eat, shop and take leisurely strolls through the town.

My husband and I did have spa treatments when we were last there and the service/treatments were good. This time, construction was underway as the Spa is remodeling. We were forewarned and the noise did not bother us as it stopped by 4:30 pm.

My granddaughter wants to return and I know my hubby and I will be back for another visit. Can't wait to see the improvements and spend another few days in the mineral pools.

Room Tip: Let the staff know of your needs and they will try to accommodate your request(s).
Saratoga, CA 95070-3139
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We generally visit the Roman Spa Resort about every other year. The Roman Spa is a great place to kick-back and relax after the hectic pace we sometimes find ourselves in, in our daily lives.

The heated pool is very special to us because we can feel the tension disappear as we float and or soak in its heated waters.

The indoor Jacuzzi further relaxes our tensions and is a good pre curser to a vigorous swim in the pool after a soak in the hot tub.

The Spa staff is always very helpful and very polite and cheery.

Pleasanton, California
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Roman Spa Hot Springs resort. The grounds were beautiful and very well maintained. There were flowers planted everywhere on the grounds. The patio area was very private because of all of the plants. The pool area was also relaxing. There was an outdoor pool and hot tub and an indoor pool. All were very clean. There were also grills for barbecuing. We were impressed with how clean they were.
The room was clean with very comfortable beds. The pillows and bed coverings were of very good quality There was also a mini-refrigerator and coffeemaker.
The staff was very friendly. We enjoyed our experience. We would love to come back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
94515management, Owner at Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2011
MKR5,
So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We really pride ourselves on our landscaping, cleanliness, and friendly staff. I do hope you will be able to visit us during the fall or winter as they are wonderful times of the year here in Calistoga. Remember, the water is always warm!
Thank you again for your kind comments.
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The room was clean and the bed very "comfy". It has many patio areas and very nice landscaping that keeps pool and group noise down. One of the patio areas has well cleaned gas grills that you may use. There was some construction going on, but it was very low noise. I would love to come again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Sta45,
Thank you for your kind comments. Glad you found our beds "comfy" so many people tell us that same thing. We're also happy you enjoyed the barbeque area, it is quite popular. Being in Pleasanton you are only a stones throw from us, hope we see you again soon!