“super crowded, lots of kids, noisy and rooms musky and old, no cont bkfst”

Calistoga Spa Hot Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: The Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, a geothermal hot springs resort, recently completed an extensive renovation project that has dramatically transformed a property that has been attracting repeat guests for generations. Located in downtown Calistoga, the 56-room hotel and spa was completely redesigned with a contemporary spa inspired look and feel. The eighteen month long renovation has touched all aspects of the property including a redesign of the guestrooms with spa-inspired bedding, honed Italian porcelain tile showers, kitchenettes with microwave ovens and modern conveniences such as full High Definition LED televisions. The focal points of the renovation are the four-geothermal heated mineral pools. The pool deck was fitted with travertine tiles, new designer-inspired pool furniture and the inclusion of grape covered arbors.
McKinney, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“super crowded, lots of kids, noisy and rooms musky and old, no cont bkfst”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Most of the reviews about the pool are good so I guess we are the only ones who were not super impressed with it. They actual pools were fine but it was so crowded and loud. I guess if I had known it was such a huge family vaca spot that I think more locals come to with their kids, grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc I would have gone somewhere else. There looked like at least 3 HUGE family reunions or birthdays, etc going on the one day and night we stayed there. So if you are looking for a place to have a large family gathering this is your place. If you want a more quiet, peaceful, relaxing place to stay then this is NOT the place. They have free ice water avail at the pool which I thought was very nice. We were there early July and it was abnormally hot so that was a nice treat.

The rooms were old, not so well kept, musty, cramped and did not cool well at all. I know I like it sub zero when I sleep so I'm prob not a good judge on that but it really never cooled the room off unitl some time in the middle of the night. Maybe during cooler months of the year this would not have been an issue. Over all the rooms were not worth the money. We have stayed at several new and old places in the Sonoma-Napa area and this place by far was the dumpiest.

This was were we spent our last night of 7 day trip and it kinda bummed us out to end it at this place. Everywhere we stayed was so nice and relaxing. Then we had to end it with a warm, musty, cramped room and loud family gatherings going on all day at the pool and into the evening. I sooooo wish we had ended at Eurospa where there is only 14 rooms, a very quiet and relaxing pool, super clean rooms, COLD rooms and super comfy beds. Oh well, we were already homesick for the kiddos and staying at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs made us even more ready to get home.

Visited July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Slovak first
Healdsburg
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“So many different temperature pools and great lap swimming”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

They have a wading pool, a hot pool , a warm pool and a lap-swimming pool. Their clientele tends to come by the busload from Sacramento and they are of Russian descent. Call this place little Leningrad!

Visited December 2011
San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Wash the stress away”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I like this place, because you can soak all day in any one of the mineral pools, and soak in the big regular pool with your kids. I love that you can bring your own food and picnic, so you can take a break to eat, relax in the sun, then get back to soak in the mineral pools.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Ana S
Healdsburg, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Soak all day!”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Soak all day in the historic tubs - the warm one is great for soaking - the cold pool for lap swimming and the hot tub on a cold day is almost too hot!

Visited February 2012
Calistoga, CA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Polishing up an historical hot springs spa”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Had a free day pass to use the newly redone patio and pools area. They've done a great job on the upgrade. Give them a try when you're in town the next time!

Visited April 2012