“Just too Relax”

Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
“Just too Relax”
Reviewed February 5, 2006

My experience at Golden Haven has always been the BEST! Thats why I return every six months for a relax and enjoyable day at the spa. On the way there I pass several other well known spas. But I know the quality and personal care at Golden Haven is the best for my money. After my massage and face I'm to relaxed to go home so I always relax for several hours in the mineral spa and swimming pool. It a great place for massge with your love one. Thank you for the very BEST massage in Napa. The staff is very professional and extremely soft hands( I like that).

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Reviewed February 3, 2006

I stayed there with my best friend for two nights. The staff were friendly up until we made the payments. Then they started hurrying. We got the spa treatment and same thing happened that morning. After we made the payment, they couldnt be bothered and rushed us through the whole experience. It was a really good experience but I would have liked a bit less rushed experience. We stayed in the room upstairs from the reception. The first night, we couldnt sleep well most of the night as the bright lights in the balcony were on all night. The light through the window (even with blinds on the window down) was really bright. So, when we asked them if it was possible to turn the lights off - they just shrugged and shook head without any concern as if it's our problem. The only time they seem to care was when we were making any payment otherwise they wouldnt even greet us with a smile. The rooms were good for value, they were clean, quiet, and functional. But the service is really bad. I would consider staying at a different place next time if I do decide to visit again. Definitely ask for a room where you dont have a light in front of your window.

Reviewed February 1, 2006

Did not use spa facilities, but needed a simple room for an overnight. Using a coupon clipped from Spa's website, we had a very reasonable overnight stay in a simple but scrupulously clean motel-type room. We were warned that hot water would have sulfur smell (it is, after all, a hot springs destination!) so we were prepared. The staff treated us courteously. No complaints.

Reviewed January 30, 2006

A complete waste of time and money - management was arrogant and incompetent. Avoid this place at all costs!

We reserved a two room suite with kitchenette. When we arrived at the hotel our room had been given away to someone else. We were part of a wedding party and gift had already been left in the room for us the night before. Still the greedy hotel manager had the nerve to rent our room to someone else!

We had to get dressed for the ceremony in a public restroom. Gross! After much debate the hotel manager offered us a smaller room that would not be ready until evening, meanwhile charging us for the suite.

The management at this 'budget spa' did her best to try and ruin our experience in Napa. I will never return to this place.

• Stayed June 2005
Fairfax, Ca
Reviewed January 25, 2006

We love visiting hot springs and spas and our overnite stay at Golden Haven was one of our favorites. The room was clean, spacious and cheerful. The housekeeping standards were first rate. We chose Golden Haven because we were able to take mudbaths together instead of in separate bath houses that were at the other spas in the area. Our attendant was wonderful. She was the fourth generation in her family to live in Calistoga. She was extremely attentive and caring and made our spa experience so very enjoyable and relaxing. We had mudbaths, showers, mineral spa and a great blanket wrap... all wonderful. We also enjoyed the indoor swimming pool and the mineral water jacuzzi. There was also mineral water available in our bathtub! Golden Haven is quiet and peaceful. It's just a few blocks from the downtown area. We are looking forward to our next visit and are recommending it highly to our friends and family.

2 Thank Cownie
Piedmont, CA
Reviewed January 23, 2006

I took my boyfriend on a surprise weekend trip to Calistoga. We were pleased with the Golden Haven spa, our room and the pool area. I agree -- you get what you pay for -- so don't expect to pay these prices and have a swanky spa experience. The Claremont resort this is not! However, our room was very clean, the bed was super comfy and the spa was just right. The mud tub was the most amazing spa experience I've ever had. It was soothing, relaxing and even comforting. The post-mud massage was fantastic. We loved the heated pool and the hot tub right next to it. We plan to go again in a few months!

1 Thank berttaylorhanson
Reviewed January 22, 2006

My wife and her friends have often stayed at the Golden Haven Spa. She raved about the accommodations, service, staff, and the cost value of this experience.
I got an opportunity as a Christmas gift from my wife to stay and experience this outstanding spa. It took a little convincing to do the mud bath but I figured what the heck. In addition, I have never had a massage and I was a little bit leary. The staff was very attentive to our needs and walked us through the entire experience. I can only say we both came away feeling completely relaxed and satisfied. This was truely an amazing experience.

Our room was exceptionally clean and well appointed. The high ceilings and sky light with the pounding rain made for a memorable evening. The spa is also centrally located close to town with phenominal restaurants and unique shops nearby.

The online discounts offered made this an extremely good value. We have recommended this to all our friends and have, in fact, returned for another weekend getaway. We would challenge anyone to find a better value or experience in the Napa Valley.

Don L.