Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Mount View Hotel & Spa(Calistoga)
View Hotel
Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort(Calistoga)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscouples mud bathblanket wrapmineral waterjacuzzi roomsulfur smellhot springsfull body massagefun experienceside by sidewrapscouples massageyour partnermassage therapistminute massagebocce ballmud treatmentget away
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Over all it was a fun experience. My wife enjoyed the mud bath much more than I did but I did leave relaxed, (and hey, who doesn't like playing in the mud). The spa experience was well timed, and never rushed. The staff was friendly and professional. Our room was a bit dated however it was clean with all necessary amenities available. The only down side to our visit was the resort's location. It is in the middle of a neighborhood with a view of people's back yards. With that being said, the price was very reasonable and helped make it a positive experience.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling when our vehicle broke down. Golden Haven is a wonderful place to be. The owners and staff (Nicole) took care of us by not only extending our stay to meet our needs but by making sure that we had a wonderful trip. The rooms are clean and comfortable and quiet. The hot pools melt away your troubles and the spa therapists ease your body aches. You can't go wrong here because it's also easy on your pocketbook. Thank you Goldenhaven.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a reasonably priced place to stay in Calistoga. Is it luxurious? Not by any means; it is classed as a motel and they mean it. The only thing that sets it above a Super 8 is the large soaking tubs and attached spa facility. Yes, it's clean and the people are nice -- but there are no frills here. I'd give the motel 3 stars at best - I'd go back if I just wanted a cheap weekend and someplace to sleep between spa treatments.

The spa is where it's at. It's not impressive (it's a small building) but the masseurs are pretty good. I went here after an especially nasty back injury and did the herbal mineral bath (instead of a mud bath), blanket wrap and massage. This is one of the better massages I've had, and it was cheap. The spa staff was really nice and laid back - it's not your average hoity toity spa experience. I'd suggest you bring your own flip flops and robe, as they are not provided. It's also wise to check out their online coupons before booking.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melissa T
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Car trouble almost made us cancel our vacation entirely. Instead, we decided to wait another day and rent a car. I am glad we decided to continue our vacation because I had a great time at the Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa. The herbal facial treatment was really relaxing and soothing. It made my skin look more vibrant. The cottages are awesome because they're as big as a studio and quite reasonably priced. The staff at Golden Haven were able to accommodate our needs, regarding the rooms. Everybody was really friendly. I will be coming back if I am ever in the Napa Valley.

Room Tip: The people at the front desk are really friendly.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We did not stay at the hotel but we did have spa treatment done. We had the mud bath, facial, and massage. First, it was very affordable. The mud bath was amazing. It is definitely and experience. All of the people that helped us were very polite and professional.

Room Tip: Try the mud bath!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple