Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa
$495
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$193
$170
AscendHotels
The Bergson(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$179
Mount View Hotel & Spa(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$219
$209
EuroSpa & Inn(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$179
Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$219
Official Website
$223
$369
$360
All reviewscouples mud bathblanket wrapmineral watersuperior roomhour massagesulfur smellfull body massagehot springsfun experienceside by sidewrapsquiet roomcouples massageyour partnermassage therapistbocce ballmud treatment
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We did not stay at the hotel but we did have spa treatment done. We had the mud bath, facial, and massage. First, it was very affordable. The mud bath was amazing. It is definitely and experience. All of the people that helped us were very polite and professional.

Room Tip: Try the mud bath!
1  Thank Vita P
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Spent one night here very recently in order to soak and enjoy the mud. Because the reviews seemed to be all over the place, I decided to write in.

Why did I choose GHHS: a friend/neighbor that I trust has stayed there and recommended it; there was a good package deal available for one night and mud bath for a couple. Even though my partner wasn't interested in the mud bath, it was still a good deal.

What was my own GHHS experience like:
The price I was quoted over the phone was in line with what was advertised online, and is the amount of the pending charge on my credit card. If that changes, I will come back and update.

Every employee that I dealt with was friendly and competent -- whether by phone or in person. The spa attendant who looked after me during the mud bath -- Sara -- was, in particular, quite sweet and accommodating. Ask for her! Leave her a tip!

The room was comfortable and pleasant -- decor recently updated, very spacious, high ceilings, and clean. I was really pleasantly surprised.

My only criticisms for the whole stay is that the fridge in the room hummed loudly and this was noticeable overnight -- and the bed (king-sized) was okay -- a little too much movement/slightly bouncy for me. Well, I still managed to get a good night's sleep.

The pools -- I thought the larger pool for swimming would be a bit warmer than it was but I cannot handle being in water that's much cooler than 90 degrees. But, it was indoors and I got acclimated in order to swim laps for a while. Right next to the pool are two jacuzzis, one slightly hotter than the other. A great set-up for heating up and cooling down if that's what you like.

The place is well-maintained overall. It's off the beaten track, a number of blocks over from Lincoln, but the walk through the neighborhood in between Lake and Lincoln is easy (safe, of course, and pleasant). Probably, many folks choose to drive. Also good to know: only four blocks east, where Lake converges with Lincoln and Silverado, is a trailhead for Oat Hill Mine Road, which looks like a great place for hike. No time to try on this visit but next time I will plan to stay at GHHS and tackle the trail (along with the pools and mud bath of course).

Overall, this spa is low-key, quiet, clean, cared for and vibrant -- I did NOT get the feeling that I was misled or drawn into staying at a place that is actually just so-so or worse, a dump! Golden Haven is a great place for its price point.

Room Tip: Our room was on the end -- along Lake. No problems, it was quiet. Rooms have designated parking space right outside the door.
1  Thank chermanka
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just left the Golden Haven Spa where we spent a night and woke up to an early morning massage. We have been coming to this spa for years for a massage but this is the first time we spent the night. Having tried many of the Calistoga massage facilities we always come back here because they consistently have the best quality massage. The prices are very reasonable compared to other Napa Valley Spas. The facilities are dated and the sleeping rooms are older with thin walls mattresses that could be more comfortable but you would only stay here if you are using the spa services and that is what excels at the Golden Haven. The mud baths and mineral pools are very relaxing and we will continue to use the spa services in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent one night at the Golden Haven Hot Springs in the Superior Room. We were a group of 4 girlfriends in the Valley to relax and enjoy some excellent wines. We started at GHHS and spent the morning in the mud baths, mineral pools, and massage.

The Girlfriends Spa Package worked great for us. The room and the spa experience were great. Three of us had never been to Calistoga or had a mud bath so it was a new thrill to get into the baths. The Spa is not a luxury / sterile experience like spas in other places. You will immerse yourself in warm mud for starters, but that is the whole point. After that you are clean and refreshed as you enjoy the mineral bath and massage/facial. The Superior room was plenty big for the four of us and had a kitchenette for coffee, light breakfast preparation.

Great value, relaxing and enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: The Superior room is great for 4 people.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We have been here about 6 times & the service was better than before but they still need to work on somethings. They need an online booking system not an inquiry but to actually be able to book online. I asked for an email receipt & they do not do that (really in today's society they are still using a paper desk calendar to book & that is ridiculous)! When I booked for 3 nights the staff was like that is a really long stay & all I could think was do you not want us to stay very long? The bedspreads & towels are in desperate need of updating as they are really old & not comfortable for a spa especially! Having said that the price is great for the overall experience & we have returned because we have overlooked these few things since the water is wonderful & the place is relaxing for the most part. This time however there was a couple fighting & slamming doors for about 2 hours or more & no one did anything & it was after midnight so maybe the staff could step it up some!