“The care and beauty I experience at Mountain Home makes the hard work I do there possible”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Mountain Home Ranch
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Berkeley, California
Reviewed February 16, 2011

In January of 2008 I had my first visit to Mountain Home ranch for the first week of a yearlong program that included 4 residential retreat. We work hard at these retreats: from 8 in the morning to 9 or later at night. It is due to the beauty of nature there: being able to have walks through the woods, sit amongst the trees, saunter by the creek, that I get as much out of these retreats as I do. I am grateful for the comfortable accommodations as well as the care John and Suzanne extend to their guests, and all this surrounded by their carefully nurtured land.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I love rustic settings that feel completely removed from my busy, cluttered life. Mountain Home Ranch isn't far away in distance, but I felt transported to another era. Beautiful scenery, homey feeling, entertaining and openhearted owners, silence, sparkling air, beautiful and well cared for animals. My room in the main house was spacious and cosy, the bathroom simple and clean. The food was bounteous and delicious, and had the variety necessary to meet the needs of people with different preferences. Much of it locally grown. Try the plum sauce for sure, made from wild plums from the farm. I loved the views, the walk to the Grandmother Tree, the big fireplace, and the relaxed atmosphere. I definitely recommend it for nurturing your body and soul!

San Jose
Reviewed February 9, 2011

There are so many good things I can say about Mountain Home Ranch but the one that I really appreciated was the "at home" feeling shown by the hosts John and Suzzane.

I was in Mountain Home Ranch the last week of January with a large group for a retreat and on the first night one in our group who had travelled from afar wanted a hot drink and we went to the dining room around 10pm. The dessert tray was left in there for late night snackers. Th dining room was cleaned and put to order but the dessert tray, plates and spoons were left out every night . This may seem a small but this is what I saw as being "at home". Hot water and lemonade or juice in the dining room throughout the day and night, John sharing stories and jokes in the dining room, heaters and extra blankets to make the cabins warm and cozy during the cold nights and being able to walk and hike around the ranch as if it was our own home. I am a vegetarian and I had delicious home cooked meals everyday. I was well cared for and I would love to go back again.

1 Thank Nalayini11
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I just returned from my second five-day workshop at Mountain Home Ranch.

And when it comes to hospitality, friendliness, natural rejuvenation -- I'd highly recommend Mountain Home Ranch. I've stayed at four and five-star hotels on a regular basis but this is someplace different and special.

The produce is mostly fresh from the garden or local; I wish they could come home with me. The welcoming environment, the natural surroundings, and the animals make it ideal for an intensive training.

That said, if you want someone waiting on you hand-and-foot, this is not the place for you. But if you want to recharge to your soul -- you shouldn't miss staying here.

Laurel; Jacksonville, Florida

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Oakland, California
Reviewed February 8, 2011

I enjoyed my stay so much. The stunning views, the quiet trails, the happy animals....I feelt that these people are making a conscious effort to live and work in a way that values all of an environment's inhabitants. This is so meaningful to me. The food was stupendous, healthy and accomedating to different dietary needs. And I am quite the picky eater, so I was very impressed. I highly reccomend this place!!

Grass Valley, California
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I just loved this place! Simple and rustic, very friendly staff, clean and cleansing of spirit. Remember to walk up to the lookout and enjoy the wind and view - I saw a bald eagle from there!
I'm going back one day - maybe I'll see you ;-)

Mountain View, California
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I stayed at Mountain Home Ranch for one week, and I can't wait to go back. The place is set on beautiful grounds, with beautiful hiking trails nearby that go for miles. The food is delicious and the rooms are cozy. The rooms are not typical hotel-type rooms - mine had both a king and a double bed, but they had character. I recommend MHR highly for anyone looking for a quiet retreat, a bed and breakfast, or a place to go with a group.

• Stayed January 2011