“Spa Girls Weekend”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Oakland,CA
“Spa Girls Weekend”
Reviewed May 9, 2009

I came here with 3 other girlfriends for a bachelorette spa day. We stayed in two lodge rooms right next to each other (the 2BR cottages were booked up a month in advance). The rooms were very nice, bathroom large, and bed heavenly. Other reviews make it sound as the Lodge is half a mile away. It's a short jaunt to the Pool and Spa, and they've done a really great job of adjoining the entire area. I, too, would recommend staying on the first floor, as upstairs did seem a bit creaky and noisy without a private patio area. I loved the outdoor fireplace at night, and separate coffee service right outside the Lodge in the morning. So relaxing.

The pool of course is phenomenal. It was so relaxing in the morning to watch the steam rise from the pool. I floated for hours on a hotel-provided raft and fell asleep.

I did the mudbath and massage. Totally worth it - you won't be disappointed. Keep in mind the mudbath is warm, but you're only in it for 15 minutes until the attendants shuffle you to your mineral bath soak, then steam room, and finally a rest period where they wrap you in a thin blanket and doze off. The Buddha pond was ok - not my thing.

The resort is within walking distance of the downtown restaurants and shops.

Overall, a treat to myself to come here. Pricey, but so worth it for the relaxation factor.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Camarillo, California
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Went to Calistoga with husband and 20-year old daughter, and rented one of the cottages.
enjoyed the included bonus mudbath for two, and we all loved the natural mineral pool.
Location is right in downtown Calistoga, within walking distance of restaurants and bike shop. the only criticism would be that the pull out couch was not very comfortable for my daughter.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Castro Valley, CA
Reviewed March 16, 2009

This resort is for everyone and any occasion. A romantic escape, just the girls, family get together, birthday, anniversary, whatever.
My parents took me first at age two . I now look forward to celebrating my 40th at Indian Springs.
Though the Bungalows are my favorite the Lodge is pretty terrific. They both have their charms just depends on what your looking for.
The grounds are amazing. Beautiful. If you didnt relax on the drive in once you past the gates you might feel your shoulders loosen up a bit. The mud bath and a full message will take care of the rest.
The location is ideal. walk to grocery store, restaurants, shops and all the activities the area has to offer. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!!

• Stayed March 2009
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed March 16, 2009

This was our 4th time to Calistoga and 3rd time at Indian Springs. And it only gets better each time. I know where to eat and what. What to bring. Where to sit and how to enjoy your stay to the fullest. First the pool: It's hottest on the deep end. Get a float mat and put a float nuddle through the mat (or two mats to connect them together - very romantic). Or there are very powerful jets in the shallow end. Just sit and get blasted. aww.
Bring walking sandals for the rocky walk to the pool, slippers for the room, a big coffee mug for the morning brew, plastic wine glasses, and running shoe to burn off the incredible food in the area.
The best part of this vacation besides the pool is the town and the food just walking distance from the resort. All the restaurants are good and you can drink and walk back. And then hit the pool till midnight.
The Rooms: We like the lodge rooms better. They are more contemporary and the little houses have kitchens and living rooms that we didn't use. We thought the location of the houses is better and if we were staying more than one night we would use the kitchen, but we usually just go for one night.
This place is expensive and I looked around for other places to stay, but this place is just the best with its pool, location, and just perfect vibe.

Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank toddSFBAY
Montreal
Reviewed March 13, 2009

We loved the pool -- especially in the early morning hours with all the steam rising, and later in the afternoon once most people left for early dinners.
The mudbath was fantastic. Not something that I would normally pay for, but since it was included, I figured why not. The inside of the bath house is really something to see. All raw materials: concrete, white paint, metals, old claw foot tubs, ultra basic lighting, water running from exposed pipes. Very restful without being granola/spa/water fountain, if you know what I mean.
The staff at the pool, and in the bath house, and the housekeepers were super-friendly and helpful. The front desk, not as much: the few times that I asked for advice or questions, I felt as though I was disrupting them.
We rented a cottage, and everything was well appointed, and decorated.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed March 3, 2009

This place was recommended by some friends of ours as a fantastic weekend getaway.They were correct! We loved the huge geyser heated swimming pool, felt like we were on hollywood movie set! My wife loved the the oxygen facial and her massage. The staff was pleasant, welcoming and not at all pretentious. Perfect for a February weekend!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
San Clemente, California
Reviewed January 16, 2009

This is a simple review to write. We love Indian Springs, and go back once or twice a year, when we visit the area.

The pool is great. Warm mineral water, olympic pool. I'd sleep in a tent to spend an hour in that pool every morning and night.

The place is old (1920's?) architecture, with a modernist's renovation. It's got that old school spa feel with modern amenities.

Service is, for the most part completely absent. Which is part of why we like it. Leave me alone, and let me wander inmy bath robe with a glass of wine at night, or coffee in the morning over to that pool in peace.

• Liked — Uh, the pool?
  • Disliked — Not close enough to Atlanta.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
Mount View Hotel & Spa
Solage, an Auberge Resort
Solage, an Auberge Resort
#2 of 15 in Calistoga
Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort

Been to Indian Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!