I came here with 3 other girlfriends for a bachelorette spa day. We stayed in two lodge rooms right next to each other (the 2BR cottages were booked up a month in advance). The rooms were very nice, bathroom large, and bed heavenly. Other reviews make it sound as the Lodge is half a mile away. It's a short jaunt to the Pool and Spa, and they've done a really great job of adjoining the entire area. I, too, would recommend staying on the first floor, as upstairs did seem a bit creaky and noisy without a private patio area. I loved the outdoor fireplace at night, and separate coffee service right outside the Lodge in the morning. So relaxing.
The pool of course is phenomenal. It was so relaxing in the morning to watch the steam rise from the pool. I floated for hours on a hotel-provided raft and fell asleep.
I did the mudbath and massage. Totally worth it - you won't be disappointed. Keep in mind the mudbath is warm, but you're only in it for 15 minutes until the attendants shuffle you to your mineral bath soak, then steam room, and finally a rest period where they wrap you in a thin blanket and doze off. The Buddha pond was ok - not my thing.
The resort is within walking distance of the downtown restaurants and shops.
Overall, a treat to myself to come here. Pricey, but so worth it for the relaxation factor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Indian Springs Resort and Spa sits on 16 landscaped acres in the town of Calistoga. Our accommodations include lodge rooms, 1 and 2 bedroom cottages , 3 bedroom Merchant House and a two bedroom Hill House overlooking the valley. The highlight of our property is our historic 1914 Olympic sized mineral pool kept toasty year-round from our 4 geysers. Our award winning spa offers classic mudbaths, massage and facial treatments. Come take the Waters! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Indian Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Springs Spa And Resort Calistoga
- Indian Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Indian Springs Spa Calistoga