The property strikes a perfect balance between the old and new, maintaining the feel of a resort from another time with well-executed modern updates.
We stayed in a cottage with a kitchenette. The cottage was spacious, with a nicely updated bathroom and a front and back porch. The bed was super comfortable.
As other reviewers have noted, Indian Springs is undergoing significant construction that you can't avoid. I didn't mind it but I could see it being disruptive if you're easily bothered or perhaps have a lodge room closer to the work.
Surprisingly, Indian Springs is a great place for families. The grounds allow for roaming and there are various open-air games like shuffleboard and bocce. We brought our baby and were a bit worried it would be awkward at the pool, but people were welcoming and there was a toddler enjoying the pool. There is an adult pool, so we felt okay knowing if our baby was really interrupting someones's calm they had another pool to enjoy. The cottage set up was great with a baby and the staff were gracious about our stroller.
We had massages when we were there. Fantastic! The spa locker room is cramped but the massage rooms are updated and tranquil. I would go back for a massage and a day trip. The pool is incredible.
A nice plus in wine country - the town is mere steps from the hotel, so you can get provisions from Cal Market, have wine with dinner or just walk around without having to get in your car.
The check in to the hotel was rude and slow, which started a relaxing stay on the wrong note.
The spa bathrooms were broken and there were hotel staff addressing the issue, which of course is necessary, but that plus a tiny awkward waiting area for the spa didn't equal a feeling of luxury and relaxation. It dissipated once I got on the massage table but I have it seen that addressed with a little more grace in similar properties.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Indian Springs Resort and Spa sits on 16 landscaped acres in the town of Calistoga. Our accommodations include lodge rooms, 1 and 2 bedroom cottages , 3 bedroom Merchant House and a two bedroom Hill House overlooking the valley. The highlight of our property is our historic 1914 Olympic sized mineral pool kept toasty year-round from our 4 geysers. Our award winning spa offers classic mudbaths, massage and facial treatments. Come take the Waters! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Indian Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Springs Spa And Resort Calistoga
- Indian Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Indian Springs Spa Calistoga