I chose Indian Springs for a little 3 day get away while I had some time off in between jobs. The spa had been recommended by 3 friends and I was quite excited. I spent the first 2 days exploring downtown Calistoga and saved my last day for what I hoped would be a relaxing day at the spa. I arrived an hour early to relax and enjoy the Budha pond. When I went to check in I was told I was free to use the pool (which I had already done for 2 days since I was staying at the resort as well). When I asked if I could sit by the Budha pond instead, the lady working at the counter seemed a bit annoyed and told me I needed to go change into my robe because only robes were allowed at the Budha Pond. I was also told that usually the Budha Pond was for after your treatment, but that she would take me back there. I felt so embarrassed and uncomfortable for asking that I just went to the pool instead. If you don't want people going to the Budha Pond before their treatments, then take it out of the brochure. I came back to the spa 10 minutes prior to my mud bath so I could get into the "spa mood". At 10 past the hour I finally had to go up and ask at the front counter if there had been some sort of delay. She disappeared to go check on what was happening and I waited 5 more minutes before going back to the front counter to inquire again. Finally they came and got me 20 past the hour (and their clocks are already set 10 minutes slow...so it was really 30 past the hour). The woman interrogated me asking who took me back to the locker room explaining my ticket was placed in the wrong queue while disrobing me leaving me completely naked in an open room of other spa guests and workers all the while not explaining the procedure for the whole "relaxing" mud bath experience. I was then rushed through my mud bath/mineral bath and only given a few minutes to rest before my massage therapist came to get me. My massage ended right on time...so what happened to the 30 minutes of lost spa time?
The thing that made the whole experience even more upsetting is that when I checked out with my almost $1000 bill, no one asked me how my stay had gone. Even when I asked if they had a comment card, the hotel staff still didn't ask if something was wrong. When I tried to speak to the spa manager they asked if I could wait an hour until she got in for the day at 12 noon. I chose to fill out a comment card, which of course got no response. I have tried to call and email indian springs. I still have gotten no response.
I'm sad to report that these events sort of ruined my whole experience of Calistoga. I wanted to leave feeling rejuvenated and ready for my next adventure...and I left out a thousand bucks and feeling overall disappointed with the whole trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Indian Springs Resort and Spa sits on 16 landscaped acres in the town of Calistoga. Our accommodations include lodge rooms, 1 and 2 bedroom cottages , 3 bedroom Merchant House and a two bedroom Hill House overlooking the valley. The highlight of our property is our historic 1914 Olympic sized mineral pool kept toasty year-round from our 4 geysers. Our award winning spa offers classic mudbaths, massage and facial treatments. Come take the Waters! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Indian Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Indian Springs Spa And Resort Calistoga
- Indian Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Indian Springs Spa Calistoga