“Rustic, Charming, I would go back again and again”

Indian Springs Resort and Spa
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Washington, DC
“Rustic, Charming, I would go back again and again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have been to the Napa Valley several times and every time I make a trip back to Indian Springs. I think that the resort has a rustic charm that makes it unique. I usually stay in the lodge...the rooms are comfortable with thoughtful touches like a fleece throw for nights stargazing. I like the first floor room because of the front patio with fountain.

My husband and I love the pool...we could float in there for hours. Also, the spa is wonderful and everyone should enjoy a mud bath there.

I understand that they are adding more rooms. I think this is great but I do hope that the resort can maintain the level of tranquility and charm that I love.

Room Tip: I like the end units on the lodge rooms. bottom floor for a nice sitting area (small patio).
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank PandMinDC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Harwich, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have had the pleasure of coming to Indian Springs since the early 2000's it is one of those experiences that never disappoints you. I have stayed on property only once but look forward to when I am able to again. My daughter was ten at the time and remembers it as a mystical adventure with the late night swim. The spa leaves such a wonderful relaxed state to the mind body and soul. It is an experience like no other. Make a day of it utilizing the amazing mineral pool. I've experienced mud baths mineral baths massages facials body scrubs you name it I've tried it. I do make a habit to get massages on vacation and they are top of the line. Hope you enjoy as much as I and my family and friends have.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Diane R
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I used the spa services more specifically the ' volcanic ash mud bath' and it was a unique and relaxing experience.
It was our first time to get a mud bath and didnt quite know what to specifically expect but the by the end of it, it did help us relax and enjoy our time there.
In the women's section- the assistants for the mud bath were more friendly and informed of the services available in the spa than their counterparts in the men's section. I also heard from my husband, their section had less amenities than what I had in the womens's section.
Our's was not a planned visit, we were in Younteville in the morning for some work and decided to go to this spa later in the day, and we didnt have our swim wear. So, for anyone like us, please keep in mind- that one can buy disposable swim wear from the reception, however, it would have been better if that was included and not given as an additional charge ($20).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

As with the previous poster we turned up last week for a 2 night stay in one of the cottages. We've been lots before, and brought friends too, stayed in both lodge and cottages, its always been an oasis.

well, nothing on the website, nothing on the booking confirmation to tell us our cottage would be barricaded in by chain link fences, that there was heavy construction all around and that they would start at 7. The reception staff were a bit shruggy about the whole thing, they really didn't care.

We didn't stay. Be warned!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank not a
Sonoma County, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have gone to Indian Springs many times both as a spa guest and a guest at the Hill House. I love this spa and the services they provide. It is so well cared for and the Buddha Garden is a delight. However, last week I brought my visiting family there and there was large machinery construction happening right by the pools. We could not be at the Adult Pool which is my favorite place because of the dust and very invasive noise. Even at the big pool you could here the machinery quite loudly. Also, when I went out to my car it was covered in silty mud as they were using a water truck to spray down the road and my entire car was covered in mud splatters. I spoke to the front desk about both these issues and they listened but did not address either issue. I was planning another overnight trip there with a friend in May so I called and asked about the noise and construction and they said it would be going on until at least the end of July. Be forewarned.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ktmomma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Massage was fabulous as was the facial. The Olympic size hot spring pool was fantastic. Rooms were very clean & updated. The staff went out of their way to be helpful. I would definitely go back. Shops & restaurants were in close proximity.

• Stayed April 2014
Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

This hotel does not look exciting from the outside, and the rooms are quite small. However they are clean, comfortable and well appointed, and the shower rooms are smart and roomy. There is no restaurant, but coffee and tea are available free each morning in a nice, light comfortable common room, and the local supermarket and restaurants are only 5 minutes walk away. The big attraction is the wonderful open air Olympic sized swimming pool, filled with sparkling water from the geyser which makes your skin tingle. Steam from the pool rises into the morning air, and makes it hard to see any other swimmers, which is magical. There are adequate changing and shower rooms, and a covered sitting out area with a log fire and lots of books. We loved it.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have their own tiny yard, and very quick access to the cars. The nearby road is...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Fiona R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
Mount View Hotel & Spa
Solage, an Auberge Resort
Solage, an Auberge Resort
#2 of 15 in Calistoga
Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort

Been to Indian Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!