UpValley Inn & Hot Springs(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$179
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $219/night.

Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$209
$199
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $238/night.

Mount View Hotel & Spa(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$239
$232
Wine Way Inn(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$179
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

The Bergson(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$199
$227
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $254/night.

The Craftsman Inn(Calistoga)
$239
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $378/night.

$565
Official Website
$2,910
$1,020
Hotels.com
2,905 results
All reviewssam's social clubbuddha pondgeyser viewlove indianmud bathadult poolmineral poolshuffle boarduntil midnightlodge roomsspring poololympic sizefree bikesping pongsteam roomcucumber waterget away
Reviewed September 10, 2013

we stayed at the Indian Springs for two nights during our recent honeymoon in September 2013. The staff at reception were very helpful and friendly and we were given a complementary bottle of really nice wine in the hotel room as a gift for our honeymoon, with a very nice hand-written card. The room was lovely, with fresh, clean luxurious bed-linen and towels and cosy robes. The thing that really is wonderful about this place though is the relaxing aura. There are plenty of spots to just sit and relax, the resort is peaceful and restful and then the pool just tops it off. It's a stunning 50m pool fed by the hot spring that's open until midnight. We'll never forget swimming under the stars at this amazing resort. We'll never forget it and hope to come back again soon.

Room Tip: The ground floor lodge rooms (we had room 25) come with a private sun terrace which was amazing. A lovely private area to eat, share a glass of wine or just relax with a book.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian R, Manager at Indian Springs Calistoga, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Mario,

Thank for your kind words and for sharing your experience. I will definitely share your comments with our staff as well.

Regards

Brian

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very expensive for a place that doesn't have a restaurant on site. Relaxing "old school" hot springs facility with an amazing huge warm pool to soak in. Not sure that we will return given all of the other choices in the area but we had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Interested to see what the place will be like after the major addition they are currently undergoing.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nvrnrml
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had been there 20 years ago, and was so happy to be able to bring my kids back. They loved it as much as I did. Enough has changed to make me like it all again, while enough remained the same to bring back feelings of nostalgia. Beautiful place, beautiful setting and wonderful midnight swimming experience that will now live in the memory of my kids, like it did for me for 20 years. Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hnya
Brian R, General Manager at Indian Springs Calistoga, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear hnya,

Thank you so much for stopping by the resort again. I am so glad you found the same old feel but with some new changes. We hope it will not take another 20 years for you or your kids to come back.

Cheers!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went here for my friend's 30th birthday and really enjoyed our visit. We spent most of the day at the pool while a few of us would experience the spa services at a time. Although it was a misty rainy day, the warm pool was a very nice treat.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Renata M
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I will begin by saying I really like this place. It is old-school, and I hope they keep it this way, but they need to put effort into training staff who are nice, but misinformed about many of the hotel policies and gives the place a feeling like no one knows what 's going on. Solage is mentioned in several reviews in contrast a few times, and it is entirely different, so hard to compare. This was my family's first stay with our young daughter.
It feels a bit like there is no one at the helm, and there are a few reasons for this:
The problems from #1 merely annoying, to #2 which was significant enough to make me not want to return:

1. All of the staff seem to have a different idea of what the hotel policies are. Can you have one guest join you at the pool, or is there a guest charge? On the website, it says one guest may join. On the information sheet the check-in agent gives you, it says there is a charge for that one person, but it's not stated elsewhere. I will say that one staff member allowed us 3 passes since they were not busy. That's a common-sense approach to rules that I wish more establishments would take note of.

2. Booking. Indian Springs is a popular place to stay. When you try to book, one can only put in exact dates to see if there is anything available. I easily spent 45 minutes inputting various dates to see if I could find anything since our travel dates were flexible. Considering the small size of the resort, they should switch to a calendar-style of booking so that you can see at-a-glance what combination of days is available, or at-a-glance what stretches of time are booked so that you don't waste time checking every combination of days that might work. Of course one could call, and I did, and that, too took forever. Even large NYC hotels use the calendar method of booking.

3. Most importantly, and the reason for the title of my review, is that none of the staff seem to be able to agree what the property-wide policy is for smoking. We had cottage 11, and in cottage 10, which is attached with only a lattice screen between the porches of the two, there was a man who constantly was smoking a cigar. Considering the heat, we left our doors and windows open for a draft and our cottage ended up smelling of cigar. I asked the front desk what the policy was for smokers, and was told it was a smoke-free resort, and there was one area that people could smoke in away from the accommodations and that they would immediately talk to the guy in 10. Great. Next day, the guy was smoking away again. With us on our "porch", we were 2 feet away from him. I called the front desk and was told that the previous person I spoke with was wrong, and that smoking IS permitted on porches. No one called to tell me this change; thank god I didn't say something directly to the man. I was told the laws were different in Calistoga from the Bay Area, and that you can smoke anywhere. On check-out, Rosa asked if everything with our stay was good. I said Yes, except for their backwards policy on smoking. Rosa said "Oh, we have a resort-wide no-smoking policy - 30-40 feet from any hotel room or cottage". I'm not sure what 30-40 meant, is it one or the other?
The nightly cigar smoke was so frankly disgusting, and the lack of any kind of pro-active leadership lacking really turned me off. I want like this place!
To sum, it's run a bit like a family campground, with a lot of rules, some great (like the quiet-time mentioned on the information), some not so great at all (#3, smoking policy). The pool, it's raison d'être, is great, and is the main reason to go, especially since they now don't allow anyone but hotel guests to use it.
I really hope management fixes some of these problems. The place deserves it.

Room Tip: If you have a choice and it fits your budget, choose one of the cottages. Know that you will share a wall with the next cottage if you choose a 1-bedroom; 2-bedrooms are free-standing. I understand there are no fridges in the main hotel rooms which is another reason to book a cottage since they come with kitchens - there is no restaurant on property, however at the pool they have a decent selection of snacks, ice-cream, and simple sandwiches.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family