“Our new home away from home”

Indian Springs Resort and Spa
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We love love love this place so much !! Front desk (Drina) warm and genuinely nice. Mineral pool is heaven on earth. You simply cannot be stressed here. Meant to stay one night and ended up spending two. Thank you Indian Springs for the gorgeous atmosphere and lovely room. See you soon!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,564)

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband booked us at Indian Springs for a spa day. Not knowing what to expect or what exactly he had booked made this a bit of an adventure. You are handed robes, told to change and put your belongings in a locker. You're then escorted to showers and asked to shower down (guess it's time to get publically naked), you are then walked to a giant concrete tub filled with mud. You slide yourself in and then a very nice girl covers up all your bits and pieces with giant handfuls of steaming hot mud. You're in there for about 15 min, then helped out, asked to shower the mud off and then into a tub filled with mineral water for a soak. After another 15 min or so, you're then off to the 3rd circle of hell (the steam room). I made it a grand total of about 90 seconds before fleeing the torture. If you like hella hot steam rooms, then this is the place for you! I'm not sure how long you are supposed to stay in there, but I couldn't do it and had to leave. I was then walked down to a quiet room, told to lie down and they gave me a cold washcloth over my eyes along with cucumber slices. After 10 min, I was retrieved and walked to another area for my hour long massage. Bliss, pure bliss. Molly is a miracle worker and she may now be on my Christmas card distribution list. I digress.... All in all it was a good day at the spa and I would estimate that about 5 people had the unfortunate pleasure of seeing me naked. So, if nakidity is good with you, then I highly recommend the full treatment (except the 3rd circle of hell).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IrishTravelingGirl
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I were able to reserve Cottage 6, a one bedroom with bathroom, living room, and a kitchen without a stove, but a big fridge, a sink, and a microwave - plus dining table for 4. Recently restored, it felt like a resort from old Hollywood days, only better. Bed - really comfy. FLat screen TV, but we did not turn it on. Fantastic, Olympic sized pool heated and fed with water from a geyser that would shoot 60 feet high all day if they did not cap it off. Refurbished dressing rooms were comfortable and cute with red and white striped curtains on their dressing rooms. Hotel residents can use the pool from dawn until midnight - day spa users get from 10-6. There are several new fireplace pavillions with super, deep and comfy furniture to relax on. There are hammocks all over the grounds - one is right for you! They also have a number of giant games - like chess and checkers, bocci ball, shuffle-board, and more. There was a volleyball net behind our cottage, in addition to a hammock and two chaise lounges. There was also a beautiful bar-b-q area, two bar-b-ques and a large dining table and chairs. We cooked our own dinner out there. Service was first class. Everybody tried their best to help us out and accommodate us when we wanted to stay an additional night in a cottage. There is a new lodge there with 25 or so rooms - we heard it is smallish, but we did not actually look at the rooms so you will have to check other reviews. The spa was fun - I had a mud bath, which felt like heaven, and then the best massage of my life! I wish I could have bottled that! There is a special area called Buddha's Pond with relaxation areas, and even a floor with radiant heating and a large fireplace. PLUS, you can snoop over by the geysers and get some interesting glimpses, but still stay safely away from being burned by the boiling water. I gave this spot 4 stars since they did not have a restaurant, but it was GREAT in every other respect. Lots of interesting restaurants, great food, interesting shops, and beautiful scenery to drive through. You are in the Napa Valley, and visiting the wineries and tastings are a big attraction for some folks. For me it was all about the pool and swimming in that awesome mineral water. Oh yeah, and connecting with my husband. It's a great connecting spot. Romantic, comfy, fun, and that pool!

Room Tip: Cottage 6 has a handicaped accessible shower.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debby R
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This resort was my idea of the perfect place to stay. They take very good care of you, and pay attention to detail- but it is unassuming and relatively unpretentious. I also loved having the kind of service and quality but still being walking distance to Main St. in Callistoga- the perfect combination of a retreat and not feeling trapped in a resort. It has a wonderful sense of early 1960s style. (Well maintained! You just sort of expect Rock Hudson to walk around a corner at any moment.) The rooms are charming, and in the lodge each have a (semi) private porch with chairs and a blanket. The hammocks scattered around the property are heavenly. The mineral pool is warm, pleasant, and really refreshing. The spa is extremely well done- not a bit over done, but extremely nice. They rent bikes for free, and provide maps to get to Sterling and other smaller vineyards- definitely do it. (Although the bikes are 1 speed, and there is a rental shop just down the main street with slightly better bikes for an hourly price.) Definitely do the mud bath. I had never done one before, was curious about the fuss, and it was amazing. Absolutely going through Indian Springs withdrawal now that I'm home!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Nicely appointed rooms, but for $425/night for a cottage, there were some basic amenities that I would have expected. We had a nice trip, but it feels like the price should be lower.
Pros
+ great bed, nice bathroom, several tvs
+ great massages
+ very close to town - an easy walk
+ fun to float in the warm pool. Great place for long conversations and very relaxing.

Considerations
- really weak wi-fi signal. I had to go to the local coffee shop to be able to send most emails
- no in-room phone. Not critical, but you have to go to the front desk or use your cell to call anyone at the hotel
- no gym or fitness classes

Room Tip: Request a cottage away from the main road
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The mineral pool at Indian Springs is my favorite pool - anywhere.
Floating under the moon and stars in the warm spring water makes me feel like a princess.
Add the great accommodations, 1950's resort feel (you can play ping pong, bocce ball and have your own BBQ)! Oh, and then there is the spa. We took out the beach cruiser bikes for a spin,
swung in a hammock, and walked to restaurants in town. A great little get away.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EllieSausalito
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I love this resort ! It;s unassuming yet well appointed with highly professional staff. The mud bath are amazing with pure volcanic ash. Be sure to recline out around the Buddha pond after your service. The best amenity is the adults only only to relax around and enjoy pure calistoga mineral water fresh from the ground.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple