“My favorite place to visit”

Indian Springs Resort and Spa
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just did a quick 1 night stay. I have been coming to indian springs for 40 years. It has changed so much since I was a little girl but the 1 thing that has not changed much is the pool. It is still the best part of the trip. I love to just float in it for hours. It is always warm - 96 degrees. We checked out at 11 am but were alowed to use the pool until 7 pm on our check out day which made our quick trip feel even longer. What a GREAT policy to have for the hotel. This was the first time we stayed in a lodge room. It was great. Simple yet elegant. We have stayed in the cottages befor when we brought our kids and those are wonderful too. My husband and I had mud baths which were so relaxing. It is not just the mud bath, it includes a soak in a warm bath, steam room and cooling down on a cot with cucmbers and cool wash cloth over your eyes. What pampering!! I LOVE indian springs resort. It really is one of my favorite places in the world.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tracy318
There are newer reviews for Indian Springs Resort and Spa

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I picked Indian Springs for a short get away after a trip to San Francisco. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect from the pictures I saw online. In person, the place totally exceeded my expectations. The spa was absolutely top notch; we both loved our mud baths and our couples massage. The lodge rooms were beautiful and immaculately clean though a tad small (no desk or table top to set up a laptop ). The hot springs pool was totally wonderful. The whole place has great ambiance (there are outdoor fireplaces and fire pits everywhere). And you can walk right to everything in town in under 3 minutes. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank sbc789
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Loved both pools - we actually had the new, adult pool all to ourselves which was fun. It was slightly cooler than the original, larger pool but was really perfect. Although I booked weeks in advance, the only thing available for three adults (one couple, one single) were two rooms in the lodge.The rooms were lovely - spotless, comfy bed, great robes, and maybe soundproofed because we never heard any road noise even though our rooms were closest to the road.

This was my first mud bath and I was a little anxious. It was so fabulous. I was always guided to the next phase - lockers, shower, bath, shower, soaking tub, bed to rest afterwards. Everyone we dealt with was extremely helpful, friendly and kind. And all our requests were met with a smile, a yes and 'no problem.' Really can't wait to return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank SFTripper
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Its all about the water. The pool is wonderful. You could hang out here all day if you choose too. The mudbath was interesting and worth a try. The grounds are wonderfully landscaped with many areas to play or just sit. We stayed in the older rooms of the resort, but they had been upgraded and were very nice. We could walk 100 yards into the downtown of Calistoga for our meals. Lots of choices for eating and drinking and shopping

Room Tip: We stayed 2 nights, we liked the downstairs room because of the private courtyards. We could roll o...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CaliforniaLibrarian
Reviewed February 3, 2013

From outside, it doesn't really look like anything special: a tiny resort with some palm trees where some hammocks are hanging from. Impossible to understand what kind of changes one night in this place will operate on your mood and "karma".
Go inside, take place in one of their adorable (lodge) rooms, put your robe on as everyone seems to do here and experience the mineral pool, the steam room, the mud bath!
Everything has been prepared for your to be comfortable, quiet and relaxed, from the caring staff to the discrete musical atmosphere, the couches, comforters, fruits, cucumber water available everywhere.

My fiancee and I took advantage of everything. Since we came during the winter, we were granted free mud bath with our room, which YOU SHOULD NOT MISS. It was in fact much more intense than I would have thought. Not only good for your skin and your blood circulation, they feel like a complete renewal of your body energy!

We ended our evening at the delicious Solbar which I highly recommend as well, played tennis in the morning and took the bikes they offer you to borrow for a lunch in town. The fact that all those services are complementary and provided without having to ask most of the time gives you a real sensation of being more than a customer: a guest.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Olivier M
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Its a wonderful feeling to feel good and the spa services and hot pool pull it off. I come from Maryland every couple of years to get that California feeling of mud between my toes. Words really can't describe being on top of a pile of mud covered in guess what? More mud. After 12 minutes they hoist you out wash you down and steam you. The best is a Roll in fine sheeting and a brief nap. Ah...

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Truffie
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed in one of the cute little cottages on the property. The grounds are well maintained and we enjoyed playing bocce and using the "life sized" chessboard. The pool is amazing-- especially in the evening after having a filling meal at one of the local restaurants. The water is so warm you just never want to leave. Next time we go we will plan to stay for more than two nights.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple