“Bliss! So relaxing...”

Indian Springs Resort and Spa
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Visited as a day guest at the spa as we were staying at a nearby home, so can't speak to the accommodations....

But the spa was amazing. Thought we would experience something different and try out the mudbath and pools. Didn't know what to expect - given it is mud and sulphur you are dealing with.

The spa was clean. Though not what I would call five star resort style-spa, I loved the character: whitewash wooden walls, relaxation music, lots of cucumber water, fountains, etc.

Everyone should try a mudbath at least once. The mud itself was a 'different' experience. But DIVINE. Like sitting in a tub of warm thick chocolate pudding. Not 'stinky' as I had half expected. Glad I wore an old bathing suit though as I am more modest/ self-conscious. Also, I am not claustrophobic but wonder that some people who do may feel as little closed in by the mud around your body up to your neck.

The mud made my skin feel like butter, although I did have a slight reaction on my face (I have sensitive skin). The cleansing bath afterwards was so relaxing too..

Took a swim in the Olympic sized pool afterwards.... Had the whole pool to ourselves, in fact. The water was clear and the perfect temperature.

All in all a fantastic experience.... Was completely chillaxed for 2 whole days afterwards.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Indian Springs Resort and Spa

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Indian Springs Resort and Spa!

#1 - The olympic sized mineral pool is amazing. The pool is huge, clean, warm and we spent hours and hours in the pool (and it's open until midnight)! There are many deck side loungers with the option of either sun or shade. There is also a steamroom and new adult pool but we loved the main pool so much we never left :-)

#2 - My husband and I both did a Mud Bath treatment at the spa. The treatment was great and the employees provided excellent service. We lounged at the Buddha Pond afterwards which has a lovely view and was highly relaxing!

#3 - The room was clean, quiet, and had a comfortable bed! The rooms at least in the lodge have been recently renovated and are in great shape.

#4 - The property is spacious, beautiful and well equipped with the best hammocks (Fat Boy), a couple of bocce ball courts, a tennis court, ping pong, volleyball, racquetball, BBQs, and plenty of room to lounge, relax, and play. it's also walking distance to all of the restaurants and shops of Calistoga.

I'm already thinking about when we can visit Indian Springs again!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the lodge room 42 (end of the building, away from the street). The lodge rooms have al...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barnason
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hill House at Indian Springs Resort. The house sits above the pools and the Buddha Garden up a private road just beyond the entrance to the facility.
The house has a queen bed upstairs in the main house and a queen bedroom and bath downstairs with a separate entrance. The house is beautiful and comfortable. The kitchen has great cookware, knives etc but unlike most VRBO rentals, there was no stock of condiments, oil or anything in the fridge. A drawback to have to bring absolutely everything you need to cook.
There are two great hammocks, several deck sitting and eating areas and a easy to operate propane grill.
I have been to Indian Springs quite a few times as a spa client and spent days at their pools but this was my first overnight. IT is a great advantage to be able to use the pools until midnight and again from 6 in the morning before and after the pool closes to day use folks.
The only other negative at the Hill House is that the easy path down to the pools is now closed and you have to walk a fair distance down and around the hill on a very not scenic dusty road to enter the pool area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We've been going to Indian Springs for years. First in the cottages and then the Lodge. Our kids love the hot springs pool, and recently we enjoyed the newly refurbished spa area - the Buddha pond is lovely. The ambiance is very much like the 50s - with modern touches. The only downside is that it books up quickly so be sure to call early.

Solbar (around the corner) is great for dinner. Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Spent 10 nights in northern CA in July winding up our stay the last 3 nights at the Indian Springs Resort in Calistoga. Love this place! It has an old-fashioned earthy charm mixed with lovely renovations. We had a cottage with a front and back porch. The cottage had a nice spacious kitchen so we could make our own breakfast and lunch. The hot spring-fed huge pool was absolutely fabulous! It was very hot when we were there so we also enjoyed the smaller spring-fed pool which has cooler water. Within a short walk is a grocery store and a good number of restaurants and bars for a nice cocktail. Every single thing was perfect about this place. There is a beautiful spa there but we really aren't spa people. The resort itself was spa enough for us! If you want relaxation and beautiful scenery spend some time at Indian Springs!

Room Tip: It is well worth getting a cottage with the porch or porches. We had cottage #5 and it was just per...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012

After reading many reviews I did not know what to expect at Indian Springs Resort. It was difficult getting a reservation for the weekend so we opted to go at the beginning of the week which was perfect. We have stayed at several 5 star places throughout Napa Valley and surrounding and I can say with all certainty that Indian Springs is by far my favorite place. We wanted the perfect stay for my mothers birthday. We stayed in Bungalow 6 which consisted of a 1 bedroom with a pull out couch in the living room, kitchen, bathroom and front porch. My mother who is 80 and physically limited was able to use the ada complient shower with great ease. Our sheets were Frette and the towels were a very thick soft cotton. Lovely. Bathroom amenities were spa quality. We did not end up using the spa services but we did walk around the spa which was absolutely beautiful. There are Fatboy hammocks and loungers spread throughout the grounds. The resort itself is understated. If you are into nouveau riche modern you may be a better fit for Solage which we also enjoyed immensely but found to be a bit more impersonal surrounded by a lot of cement pathways and prefabishness and a little off the beaten path. Indian Springs is perfectly located at the end of the strip of the Main drag in Calistoga. They offer cruiser bikes to ride into town. Amongst the outdoor amenities included:
Bocce ball, shuffleboard, checkers, tennis, ping pong, basketball, chess by the pool and fireplace and I am sure there are other outdoor activities we overlooked. They provide the equipment.
The weather was in the mid 80's and I found the pools warmth to be perfectly comfortable. Both pools (one adult only/smaller and more private) were both relaxing, very clean and the waters temperature of both pools satisfying. There were kids playing but the main pool is large enough with enough space for everyone. Separating the pools is a lounge area with couches, chess, a fireplace and magazines. There is ice cold water flavored with cucumbers and fruit available at all times in several areas. Customer Service is not obtrusive and well serviced throughout the resort.
The downside: Our bungalow was connected to another bungalow with a family with teenagers. I would suggest asking not being next to someone with children with the chances of it being a bit noisier. The walls were thin even with our noise machine on. Our pull out couch mattress needed replacing. It was lumpy and more than likely older although we ended using a mattress topper we brought with us.
Other than having noisy neighbors I found Indian Springs to be the perfect getaway if you are looking for something more than wine tasting. There are restaurants in walking distance and the vineyards are 5 minutes away. I also suggest Farmstead in St. Helena for dining and drinks.

Room Tip: We chose bungalow 6 because it is off the street and directly across from the pool. It is also a.d.a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank danishdoo
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have been coming here since the 80s. The pool was always the main attraction. So it is with mixed feelings that I've read about the new "adult only" pool. On our last visit, diapered babies were allowed in the main pool. As my friend commented, it's like a steeping "teabag." It was very off-putting. There were way to many screaming children. Now, it seems the kids will get the pool all to themselves, and the adults who are paying top dollar will be relegated to the newer, less lovely pool. Not a great solution, as far as I'm concerned.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple