2,944 results
All reviewssam's social clubbuddha pondgeyser viewlove indianmud bathmineral poolshuffle boardadult pooluntil midnightlodge roomsspring poololympic sizefree bikesping pongsteam roomcucumber waterget away
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Charming but the service left a lot to be desired. The staff was very aloof and unwelcoming - probably because of all the rules they have to enforce. They would not let us have 2 guests at the pool on a Saturday and there were A LOT of empty chairs. It was for the friends that referred us here and could potentially refer many more. If we wanted to be sneaky, there are several ways to cheat the system but we were honest and the staff was uncooperative. We did not see any information before booking that guest passes could not be purchased on a Saturday.

The air conditioner in our room had a preset temp, was not able to adjust and could not turn off. The upper floor balconies are shared so limited privacy. The shower drained slow and the wooden walkway outside of room was very loud. Overall because of the rules and the staff's attitude I would not recommend this place. There are numerous options in Calistoga so we will choose better next time.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank COBlondee
Tara R, Guest Relations Manager at Indian Springs Calistoga, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

CoBlondee,

Thank you for your comments. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your guests yesterday. I can understand your disappointment that you were only made aware of this policy after your arrival. All of our pool policies, including the Saturday pool policy, are posted on our website at www.indianspringscalistoga.com. While the pool did have seating available when you first entered, it does fill up during the afternoon on Saturdays with our hotel guests and spa guests. Allowing each of these people to purchase additional pool passes for guests on our busiest day would place us over the capacity at the pool. Again, I apologize for your disappointment and thank your friends for refering you to Indian Springs. I do hope that the late checkout which we extended to you was of help before your late flight.

Tara Rathbun

Reviewed May 21, 2012

This place is great - hipster meets tranquil oasis. Free bikes you can ride around, lawn games, pool, great bathrooms and really comfortable beds. Most rooms have private patios with lounge chairs which is amazing. You can walk all around the small town from here, great spot away from the road. Seriously, stay here - coolest place in Calistoga, if not all of Napa.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caitlin C
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here. It has the old world charm of the hot springs, but the rooms have been updated and are really lovely. The bed and sheets were dreamy and a very nice bathroom. Be sure to indulge yourself with a mud bath at the spa. Just thinking about it relaxes me. I would recommend it highly. It is weird that they don't have phones in the rooms though..no way to contact the front desk that we could find.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca G
takacs, Public Relations Manager at Indian Springs Calistoga, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Thank you for your feedback! We are always pleased to hear when our guests enjoy their time with us. The luxurious Frette bed linens, robes, and other room amenities are things we find our other guests enjoy as well. You were correct in your observation that we do not have phones in the room, as we find that it helps guests relax and enjoy the quiet spa experience. We do hope that you will visit us again on your next trip to the Napa Valley.
Kindest Regards,
Tara

Reviewed April 24, 2012

I was shocked when we pulled up to this place. Then I reset during check in hoping the lil cottage will bring a charm the property couldn't. It was a 80-90 degree weekend and we had no a/c in our hot house. The front desk simply said "oh, we didn't get to your cottage" when I asked about a window a/c unit I saw on a different cottage.

The location is fine for a night, easy walk to Calistoga restaurants and shops. The spa is LAME, the mud/shower room was worse than a cattle washing station I've seen on farms. Mold smells filled the air. My facial lady was nice and that was a plus to the low rent spa.

The pool was relaxing, warm but full of bugs. If they had skimmed it every so often I would have lived there. Weird rule at the pool- you can bring food but no wine. Hello? We're in wine country?

For the $500 a night it wasn't worth it at all. The Solage is right around the corner and blows this place outta the water. If they would invest some cash into the place it would be world class. They are trying to play off the "old charm" but it's really old dressed up in shabby chic decor. Given the lack of basic heating and cooling in the cottages- you will either freeze or burn.

Please, Indian Springs, invest in some updates and improve the basics.

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank redon2
takacs, Guest Relations Manager at Indian Springs Calistoga, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Dear Redon2,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Indian Springs. While our cottages do have heating year round, we install air conditioning when the weather warms each year. The unexpected heat wave in April arrived before we had installed the air conditioning, but all cottages are now fully prepared for the summer months. I do apologize that this created a less than comfortable experience for you during your stay with us.

I'm also happy to report that we have almost completed the renovation of our mud rooms, and our new pool will be opening in a few short weeks as well. We are always striving to improve at Indian Springs, and greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you in the future so that you may experience the improvements we have made.
Kindest Regards,
Tara

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is our second time staying at Indian Springs, and it was all I had remembered! We stayed in a one bedroom cottage, which was perfect. The pool is not to be missed. The best is floating under the stars late night in this gigantic hot tub. We also borrowed cruiser bikes to ride over to Solage for dinner which was fun. I wish they had lights though so our ride back at dusk wasn't so challenging.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple