2,948 results
All reviewssam's social clubbuddha pondgeyser viewlove indianmud bathmineral poolshuffle boardadult pooluntil midnightlodge roomsspring poololympic sizefree bikesping pongsteam roomcucumber waterget away
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Looking at the pictures on the website, one would think that the Main Lodge was part of a hotel presumably at the end of the long driveway shown. However, the "main lodge" is actually a refurbished motel adjacent to the property. Lacking in character, beside a busy road and very disappointing. Also, no chance to leave early because of the 2 week cancellation policy. Not recommended!,

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank stVancouver
Reviewed December 25, 2011

I was disappointed with "The Lodge" part of Indian Springs. We booked late and had to stay at "The Lodge" because that was all they had available. These are the less expensive motel-style rooms they offer, although they are not cheap.

The decor is nice, the beds are comfortable and the style is clean and modern. However, the rooms are essentially the "bare basics" and underwhelming. There were also a couple of major let-downs that made our stay unpleasant.

Firstly, the amount of light that comes into the room at night is unacceptable. I wouldn't normally pick faults like this, but it's such a bad design flaw that it needs to be pointed out (in case you're someone who needs a dark room at night). Thanks to the outdoor light outside our front door (which we were not able to turn off) there was a lot of light streaming in through the main window. (There is a blind over the window, of course, but it isn't great and the light gets in through the edges.) Even worse, on the other side of the room there is another window that is frosted for privacy but with no blind. Through this frosted window we got all the light from the common patio area on the other side of the building (also lit up at night). My husband and I actually had to hang towels in front of this window to try and block out the light so we could sleep at night.

Secondly, there is no mini-fridge. We found this to be very inconvenient. Although tea and coffee is provided, there is no breakfast offered at The Lodge. We really don't mind buying our own milk and cereal, but without a fridge to store the milk this is impossible. So breakfast turned out to be a huge hassle staying here.

Napa Valley isn't cheap, but $269 per night during the winter season for a very plain motel room that doesn't have a mini-fridge and isn't even dark at night is not great value for money.

Some have described the property as a magical oasis. I personally found the hundreds of palm trees and plastic flamingos to be out of place in the rustic wine country town of Calistoga (and I must admit, a little tacky). To be fair, I'm someone who likes to really experience the region I'm staying in rather than someone likes to relax around a pool all day so perhaps this theme is appealing if you're in the mood for that sort of thing. I guess it's subjective.

Also, be careful when reading the reviews of the spa treatments on this website. No matter how good the treatments are, they're a totally separate service you have to pay (a lot) for, so don't confuse those with the quality/value of the accommodation itself. Some of the reviews on this website seem to confuse this.

Room Tip: The ground-floor rooms come with their own private courtyard, but the downside is that you can hear people trampling around upstairs on the second floor. Bear this in mind if you're sensitive about noise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank PipsM
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Pure and simple, the best place ever. My, 'Disneyland'. Great service..love the bungalows, AMAZING Olympic sized warm-hot natural mineral water pool. Great deal November-March that includes two free mudbaths. The staff could not be nicer and more accommodating. Easy walk into town for great dining. Love the lemon cucumber water. Go there with your friends for a great time. They did not pay me to write this...I REALLY MEAN IT! Been going there for years!

Room Tip: Reserve it advance and get a bungalow!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank seeksocean
Reviewed November 17, 2011

If you want want total rest & relaxation "Indian Springs Resort and Spa" is just the place. The moment your car enters the driveway of the resort, you know, you just entered a magical experience of your life. You can feel the energy surrounding the resort of peace and tranquility and it offers that and more.

The cottage we reserved was very welcoming, spotlessly cleaned. The bed mattress, pillows, comfort covers, were so plush, I could have stayed in bed all day. Our cottage had a small porch with two comfy chairs and we took advantage of sitting on them and enjoying an hot cup of tea in the afternoon.

The pool was so inviting and I found it to be another wonderful place to relax. The pool even offers an Picnic Area where you can bring a picnic lunch to enjoy. The towels were fluffy, the dressing room had lockers, showers with hair supplies and not to mention the swim suit dryer was a definite plus.

Now if you really want to relax, the spa offers the "Mud bath". I highly recommend it! Once you had a mud bath, you'll know exactly what I mean about relaxation. To top off the whole Mud Bath experience, you have to visit the Buddha Pond, once again, it is all about, rest, relax and more relaxation.

We are definitely going back, back and back again. Love you "Indian Springs Resort and Spa"!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luv2cruiseCalifornia
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Ahh, what a gem in napa wine country - peaceful and relaxing getaway (mid-Oct)!! Immediately upon arrival, felt that we stepped into a wonderful oasis. We arrived before our room was ready, so went for a dip in the pool - relaxing, fun setting - we should have come sooner! (Even though we don't have kids I was impressed that they had toys/play area outside of the pool.) Lots of peaceful spots throughout the property, including the gratitude tree and buddha pond! We stayed in one of the cottages (away from road, closer to spa) - comfortable, clean, quiet setting. We never heard the next door neighbors. Loved the decor and nice to have a mini-kitchenette with toaster, coffee maker, full size fridge, dishes/glasses/silverware and microwave. Used the cruiser bikes to ride to dinner. Only complaint is that Calistoga didn't have great dinner offerings. Restaurant menus all appeared to be the same (traditional fall fare) and were boring and pricey. I would have preferred to dine in Yountsville, but was too hungry to make the drive. Or there's a great grocery store in town and grills back at the resort. Rose early before our departure for a dip in the pool. Ahh, swimming in the warm pool, with steam rising and a hot air balloon overhead was heavenly!! Enjoy your stay at Indian Springs, I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple