$339
Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$435
No availability for your dates from these sites
The Bergson(Calistoga)
No availability for your dates from these sites
2,907 results
All reviewssam's social clubbuddha pondgeyser viewlove indianmud bathadult poolmineral poolshuffle boarduntil midnightlodge roomsspring poololympic sizefree bikesping pongsteam roomcucumber waterget away
Reviewed November 7, 2007

One of my very favorite places in Northern California, I try to get up there at least once a year. The pool is very relaxing any time of year. Not so much for swimming, it's for floating and relaxing. The rooms are furnished in an upscale, "Pottery Barn" style. The small scale of everything and proximity to town are a plus as is the quaintness and authenticity.

2  Thank SFBahamaMama
Reviewed October 29, 2007

We stayed in one of the Palm Row bungalows and it was clean, charming and comfortable. Robes are provided for going to the pool and spa area. The pool is open until midnight for overnight guests - no attendant, just use your room key.

We had massages and slippers and robes are provided in the lockers.

A great place. Go midweek offseason and save more!

3  Thank Betsy H
Reviewed October 23, 2007

We stayed at Indian Springs while doing our wine tour of Napa and decided to stay for two nights. The hotel room, while small, was very comfortable and relatively quiet. We really enjoyed the hot spring pool.
We both did a mud bath and massage package and had very different opinions. I enjoyed the mud bath but thought the massage was not very good. My husband did not enjoy the mud bath but did like his first massage. This is definitely not the "spa" experience I am used to and I found it quite rustic and not at all luxurious.
I would have rated this hotel higher however the front desk staff were poorly trained and rather impolite. When booking our treatments we were told that the would be done together only to be told later that this was not possible. Not a big problem but it would be nice to give correct information. After waiting for my husband to finish his treatment for about 15 minutes I asked the staff to find out if he was still in the spa. They informed me that he was showering so I patiently waited only to have him come in 20 minutes later to see where I was. Again this is not a big deal but it would be nice if she really had checked for me. The real problem I noticed was watching encounters between one particular front desk staff member and potential customers. She dealt with them impolitely and sometimes extremely rudely leaving a bad feeling about the hotel. Hopefully the owners of the hotel check this occasionally and start monitoring their staff a bit more carefully. They can make a pretty nice place in to one you will not return to.
Overall we really enjoyed the Napa region and there are some terrific restaurants in the area. Our favourite was Go Fish in St Helena.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank Ontario_Sun_lovers
Reviewed October 1, 2007

I've been to IS twice this year and am going back at the end of this month. I haven't stayed at the hotel (b/c I have a little dog and they don't allow pets) but go to the spa everytime I'm here. Next time I'm in Calistoga w/o my dog, I'll stay here b/c the little cottages look really cute and the grounds are very relaxing and pretty. I've had a massage and two mud baths here, which were both fine, but the key to this place is the pool. I don't know what it is but I love the large pool. They have lemon and cucumber water out and floatation devices, and comfortable lounges etc., so that it really feels like you can stay all day here (and I have!) I also love the buddha pond, which you can only use if you book a spa appt (you can also just pay for the pool use.) My only comment is that the spa services are overpriced and I also suggest that they build a restaurant on the grounds so that it really feels like an oasis. p.s. I read the previous review about the snobby spa staff. I have to admit that the staff isn't super great, but I've never had to deal much with them. the mud bath staff are nice.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank JLM67
Reviewed August 13, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Indian Springs last weekend. We were in town for my sister's wedding, and the majority of the wedding party and guests stayed there. For the most part, the rooms were fine. However, it was incredibly hot in Calistoga and the air conditioners in the rooms didn't work well. My major problem was with the spa. The night before the wedding, my husband made a last minute reservation to get a massage in the morning (while I would be getting ready for the wedding). Well, during the night, I got really, really sick with food poisoning. My husband had to cancel the massage in the morning in order to take care of me and help me get to the wedding. He explained this to the spa, but was told he might be charged anyway because he did not give 24 hour notice. When he made the reservation, he was not told about their 24 hour cancellation policy, but not wanting to argue (he was preoccupied with whether or not to take me to the hospital), he said, "fine" and hung up. When we got back to Chicago (and I was feeling better), I called Indian Springs to explain why he had to cancel and ask for a refund. My politeness was met by extreme rudeness. The manager, Debbie, was completely unsympathetic and even insinuated that I was lying about being sick! They absolutely refused to refund any of the money because of their policy. I was completely astounded. They had just made a fortune off of my sister's wedding and they couldn't refund a lousy $110? This is simply not a nice place. All the Buddha stuff is just a gimmick. Don't be taken in!

• Stayed: August 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank chicagoamanda