“Excellent restaurant”

Solbar - Solage Calistoga
Reserve with OpenTable
Solbar - Solage Calistoga is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Calistoga
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brannan Street
Description: Relax, unwind and enjoy as we surprise your palate and feed your senses with dishes as artfully constructed as they are delectable. Whether you choose our Michelin-starred Solbar – a Napa Dining favorite – or prefer the refuge of your private studio, dining here is always a singularly rewarding experience.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We went here on New Years Day based on TA reviews and it lived up to our expectations. Squash soup and beet salad for appetizer; duck and surf and turf (crab and sweet breads) for our mains were all excellent. Our entrees were slow in coming but we were not in a rush. As expected it was pricey-$126 including one glass of house wine and one excellent shared dessert. Special occasion place just outside of town.

There are newer reviews for Solbar - Solage Calistoga

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by friends and we were not disappointed. We didn't have much time between winery visits, but we wanted to squeeze in lunch. I had the shrimp lettuce wraps and my husband had the sole tacos. Both dishes were excellent...crisp, fresh and delicious. Our service was excellent too. I would highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was about our fourth visit to Solbar. All the previous visits had been exemplary, but this time it was a major disappointment. Service was fine and the wine list is, as you might expect, lengthy and deep in quality. My wife's oyster stew was good, but my first course of a deep fried poached egg was puzzling. The egg was interesting, but the rest of the dish simply did not fit together. Ditto for my pork shoulder, which was a weird combination of ingredients that simply did not fit together. I love pork shoulder, but could not finish the dish. My wife had the same reaction to her crab and sweetbread plate. A cheese plate we ordered the end was excellent. On the whole, however, that was our last trip to Solbar.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

You don't have to be a resident to enjoy the terrific hospitality and excellent food at the Solage's Blu restaurant.

With no reservation, we secured a wonderful outside table with view of the pool.

Service and menu recommendations from Julien were excellent.

The menu juxtaposes light and regular appetizers and entrees. Our party of three enjoyed the butternut squash soup and di genesis crab cake appetizers. For mains, we highly recommend the fish (sole) tacos. The Vietnamese duck and chicken pesto were also well-received.

The lunch menu is very reasonably priced relative to the quality delivered. The Michelin star earned consistently by this restaurant is well-deserved .

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Ate lunch during wine country visit. Outdoor views are breathtaking- the pool looks so inviting. The lunch was delicious- I had the shrimp lettuce cups while my hubby ate the lavash wrap with hummus, spinach and cauliflower. Each was tasty, bite after bite. Relaxing venue.