“SOLBAR = SOLFOOD”

Solbar - Solage Calistoga
Reserve with OpenTable
Solbar - Solage Calistoga is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Calistoga
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brannan Street
Description: Relax, unwind and enjoy as we surprise your palate and feed your senses with dishes as artfully constructed as they are delectable. Whether you choose our Michelin-starred Solbar – a Napa Dining favorite – or prefer the refuge of your private studio, dining here is always a singularly rewarding experience.
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The menu at SOLBAR is nicely varied. I had beef short rib and my hubbie had lamb. Both were heavenly. Their wine list is supber which one might expect but is nice to see. It is the portion size though that is really nice. I expected tiny little cuts and a lot of empty space on my plate. Instead, the portions were generous and they still leave you wanting more. Dining under a canopy of trees, under the stars, by the firelight is truly a romantic experience!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

Reviewed October 10, 2012

In planning a trip to do a glider ride in Middletown, we were looking for a place to grab lunch on the ride to some of the local wineries. Found this on Trip Advisor a decided to give this a go.

So glad we did! My wife ordered the Steak Salad and I the Harvest Hoagie. We went with a couple of glasses of wine as suggested by our server, Julian. His suggestions were dead on!

We had an extremely pleasant lunch on the outdoor patio and the food and service could not have been better. Highly recommend you give Solbar a try if you are in Calistogo.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Had a wonderful dinner and amazing breakfast during our stay at Solage. I really like how the color-code the menu to help identify the "lighter" vs "heavier" food items. Dinner was great and I loved being in a room full of lively, happy, chatting guests with smiling servers and entertaining/chatty bartenders. Breakfast and daylight transform the beautiful space into a calm, comfortable place for breakfast. The "mountain eggs", a spin on eggs benedict, were phenomenal with their handmade biscuits, slighty crispy-edged ham, kale and homemade hollandaise sauce. The made-to-order cinnamon sugar donut holes were not as crispy/fried as I usually think of for housemade donuts, but tasty with the hot coffee. I'd bet they'd pair perfectly with their "locally world famous" hot chocolate. Hmmmmm, maybe next time...

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were celebrating a birthday and my husband and I began our two night get away with lunch at Solbar. It was a beautiful, slightly crisp afternoon and our drive to the Solage was wonderful with great views and full rich hanging grape vines ready for the harvest. We arrived in perfect time and choose to sit inside as the weather was a bit cool for us to sit outside. Our waiter was wonderful and his suggestions never failed. We started with two specialty cocktails, the Grapefruit Margarita and "Sex in the Valley". They were outstanding. My husband and I shared the non-dairy delicious cold corn soup and the beet salad with Green Goddess dressing both were incredible. We then shared the turkey sandwich with mushroom sage stuffing. So delicious, I asked for, and recieved the recipe, as I intend to make the stuffing for Thanksgiving. The manager even gave me the card of the Executive Chef in case I had questions. We ended our meal with a decadent ice cream cake, which came decorated for the birthday celebration. The resort and restaurant decor is very calming with wonderful light. Even the soap and lotion in the restroom are thoughtful and provide a "spa experience." We will be back for sure and we are even thinking of staying at the resort as we were staying elsewhere this trip.

1  Thank Findingfood
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had lunch at Solbar on a nice sunny day, sitting outside. All food items where prepared perfectly. Recommended entree is Lucky pig but not for those watching cholesterol. Corn soup and deserts were also well prepared and flavourful.If you like your food fresh and rich in taste, this is a good place. Service was prompt and good. I would definetely come back for more, bummer, we could only do lunch in there.

1  Thank Olga R