“Most Fun at a Restaurant”
Review of JoLe - CLOSED

JoLe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington St
California
“Most Fun at a Restaurant”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My friends and I have already dined twice this month at Jolé in Calistoga, as we love the restaurant’s exceptional food and wine pairings. To be fair, other restaurants do offer pairings, but not to the extent that Jolé’s offer.
At the bottom of the menu you can select the “Tasting Menus” with wine. Which means you can select a number of items from the menu and the Sommelier would pair those dishes with various wines. I, like other Americans, am used to ordering one bottle of wine and drinking it for all phases of my meal. But after discovering Jolé, it has opened up my eyes to how a meal should really be enjoyed.
I chose “Five Course” with wine pairing (four items from the menu plus a dessert) option. I had: Caldo Verde/Txomin Etxaniz Txakoli, Spain 2011, Octopus/Egelhoff Riesling/Carneros 2010, Roasted Quail/Rosenblum Zinfandel, Dry Creek, 2009, Duck Breast/Valdesil Mencía, Spain 2011, and Frozen Pistachio Parfait/Smith Woodhouse 20-year Tawny Port, Portugal. The food was delicious while Rosenblum Zinfandel converted me to be a Zin lover, and the Smith Woodhouse 20-year Tawny Port was utterly heavenly!
The next time you’re in the wine country, be sure to stop by Jolé to experience their wonderful food and wine parings that are not to be missed.

1 Thank Annabelle3

“Delish!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful meal here on the last night of our visit. Food wasn't your ordinary selections....the Chef definitely kicked it up a few notches! I had a shrimp and crab dumpling soup that was out of this world and a grilled quail that fell off the bone. My husband had the brisket dish with pasta. My only regret is that I didn't have any room left for the coconut cream pie!

1 Thank Jacquie S
Boise, Idaho
“one of my favorite restaurants in the area”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I love the sweetbreads here. The food is always fresh and tastes great. The portions are small plates. I like the food, but it is on the pricey side.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank TheodoreBear
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
“Innovative and delicious!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous experience at JoLe while visiting Calistoga this month. Everything we had ( including sweetbreads for the first time!) was delicious and fresh. We sat at the bar, so it was entertaining as well as tasty! It was fun meeting Matt, the owner and chef who was also from Philly. (Thanks to Matt for recommending the excellent Matyson in Philly, but that's another review!). Our only regret is that we didn't have room for desert. The coconut cream pie looked to die for! Don't miss JoLe if you visit Napa Valley!

1 Thank Kathleen B
Mill Valley, California
“Amazing Chef is Happy to Work With Vegetarians!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Love this place! Our second time here and each time the chef was able to create a really special choice of wonderful food for us...something that many chefs won't do. Not easy wanted great food as a vegetarian...stacks of eggplant do get tiresome:). This place is the real deal. Friendly service. Lovely room. Great food!

Visited April 2013