“Yummy!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Pukekohe, New Zealand
“Yummy!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Great food for a lunch stop during wine tasting! We all had tri tip sandwiches and it was delicious. Juicy meat, fresh bread and the barbecue sauce is fantastic!

Visited May 2013

Sacramento, California
“best bbq”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

been by it a 100 times on way home from work on friday nights i finally had a chance to stop today i told my wife she dont need to cook on fridays no more i will bring dinner home its the best bbq i ever eat

• Visited June 2013
Miami, Florida
“The Hot Sauce Is Hot But Oh So Good”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I roll through a four way stop en-route to visit “Old Faithful Geyser” just outside of Calistoga, California and two of my favorite words to see when traveling catches my eyes.

Barbeque and Bakery.

I am on a mission but my stomach and my brain marks the spot. An hour or so later I return to Buster's Barbeque and join a queue of about ten others that have the same thing on their minds.

As I patiently wait my turn to order, I stroll the parking lot and picnic area to check out a few slabs of meat cooking on an outdoor grill. I resist the temptation to do a "self-appointed" see if they are done taste test.

Looking over the menu I am torn between the daily special a pulled pork sandwich with one side for $10 or a pork rib dinner for $12 with two sides. My instinct tells me the extra two George Washingtons and the extra side will definitely be worth it.

I place my order but have to make another decision as it is dished up. Hot or mild sauce? Even though it comes with a warning and a “no exchange, no refund” policy, I opt for the hot sauce.

Fortunately, since I made my order to go it is placed in a small container instead of being drizzled over my ribs. A safe option in case Lucifer shows up when I start to enjoy my feast. My meal is served with chili beans, coleslaw and two good size slices of garlic toast.

My plan to take my order to go falls apart as I find a bench seat in a shaded area along the main building and begin to chow down.

I have seen a few places that claim that their ribs are so good that you will go back home and “slap your momma” and after my first bite of Buster's pork ribs, I am thinking, if this was one of those businesses then your papa is going to be in trouble too.

It is not enough that I eat every morsel of the bone but to continue my breakout sweating from the truly hot but savory hot sauce, I repeatedly dip the bones back in it and suck them dry.

I think someone better warn mom and dad before I get home!

• Visited May 2013
Lagrange
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Kentucky BBQ”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We read all the good reviews and were excited that it was across the street from our hotel. My sister & brother in law got the last of the shredded BBQ (thank goodness), because it tasted bad. We ordered the BBQ chicken, which was decent. If you want good BBQ visit, KY, TN or Texas.

Visited April 2013
Walnut Creek, California
“Try the tri tip”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The try tip sandwich is tasty and generous in size. There is a screened in seating area and a couple of places to seat outside that aren't screened in. It's a good deal for the price and offers families and place to eat in a casual atmosphere.

Visited April 2013