“Average at best”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Saw the sign and looked at the Yelp reviews for this place. What a disappointment. I had the ribs and my wife and daughter had the tips sandwich. Way too much BQ sauce on the sandwich and the ribs were just ok. No grits, collard greens or anything southern about this place. Just a run of the mill BBQ place, with no atmosphere and nothing special about it.

1  Thank Jon B
There are newer reviews for Buster's Southern BBQ & Bakery

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Really good.
A plate full of Tri-tip, beans, beer and pumpkin pie. Loved it. Its truck stop dining at its best.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stopped in here with my BF last April. So damned good, we still talk about. We can't wait to get back to Wine Country to do Buster's again. We had the brisket as well as beef ribs, beans, cole slaw, potato salad and I believe cornbread. All amazing. Wish they were here in Oregon. The sauce was great. My boyfriend ordered spicy and loved it. My mouth is watering right now thinking about Buster's food.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We heard about this place on Trip Advisor. It is a little past where you turn to go into the mainstreet there in Calistoga. We stopped at the end of our overnight, at lunchtime. The food was good. We ate in the little indoor part there, My only complaint was the amount of flies. I understand the frustration with the creatures, but we were there a little past 11am. The flies could not have all gotten in there by that time of day. Perhaps they could try and trap them while the business is closed. Give the earlier visitors a better chance of a meal in peace. Otherwise, great food. We were too chicken to try the HOT BBQ sauce. It is made with Habeneros. We tried the pork ribs and roasted chicken. Both excellent.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Southern is right!!! So delicious. It is barbequed slow all day long. Tritips and chicken. Look out if you ask for the HOT suace.