Mount View Hotel & Spa
EuroSpa & Inn(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$179
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$152
$143
AscendHotels
Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$179
BestWestern.com
$189
The Bergson(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$159
$143
Solage, an Auberge Resort(Calistoga)
$589
$565
Hotels.com
Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort(Calistoga)
$1,000
Official Website
$449
$409
Travelocity
Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort(Calistoga)
$240
$210
Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa(Calistoga)
$115
Travelocity
All reviewshistoric hotelrestaurant downstairsan older hotelhot tubdowntown calistogaprivate jacuzzipool areadesk staffno elevatorthe cottagesthe staff was friendly and helpfulwine tastingthe main streetlincoln avebed was very comfortablenice breakfastsitting room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2010

We stayed at the Mount View on Monday October 18th and were fortunate to get a free upgrade to a King room. We decided not to book online and got a better price by just walking in! This would probably not work at the weekend in peak season!
We have stayed at the Mount View several times before and love its location as it is within walking distance of everything in downtown Calistoga. We had an excellent dinner in Brannan's just up the street and a nice glass of wine in the wine bar at the Mount View.
Calistoga is magic!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I can't recommend a better place to stay! My family and I are frequent visitor to the Mount View Hotel and Spa. I come up here for Mother-Daughter getaways as well as with my fiancé for romantic weekend getaways. The Mount View Hotel and Spa is honestly one of the most enjoyable places I've ever had the pleasure of visiting. This is by far the best place to stay in Calistoga. The location is convenient, the hotel is absolutely beautiful down to the smallest details, and the staff is friendly and accommodating.

The Mount View is located in beautiful, downtown Calistoga, on the main street, Lincoln, Ave. You can walk (or bike) anywhere you need to go. There are great restaurants within walking distance...
* Breakfast- in bed (you can pick your desired time of delivery), Sarafornia (don't forget to sign the wall in the back of the restaurant)
* Lunch- Checkers, Buster's Southern BBQ, or pick up some sandwiches from Palisades Deli for a picnic in Pioneer Park.
* Dinner- Flat Iron (DELICIOUS, right across the street, and no corkage fee)
* Drinks- Hydro Bar, Barolo, or Susie's (a fun dive bar)
* Wine Tasting- There are a few shops which offer wine tasting on Lincoln Ave, but I recommend renting a bike from the Calistoga Bikeshop and biking around to the local wineries. If you find some wine you like, Calistoga will even pick up your wine for you and you can pick it up at the shop later on. Beautiful trails, awesome experience!

The Mount View Hotel is beautiful and they continue to make it more beautiful all the time. Over the past few years they have tastefully redecorated the hotel lobby, rooms, and pool area. It still has the feel of the historic hotel it is, but it now has a hip, upscale modern art-deco elegance. There is an outdoor heated pool as well as an outdoor jacuzzi. On Fridays, they have a weekly poolside winetasting. Awesome! The rooms have new mounted flat-screen tv's, dvd players, ipod clock-radios, and more. All rooms also have free high-speed wi-fi access. Each room I've stayed in over the years is uniquely decorated and they have each been beautiful. Although a bit more expensive, the suites and the cottages are DEFINITELY worth the money.

My fiancé and I are getting married in Calistoga next summer and we will be staying at the Mount View for our wedding weekend. We couldn't imagine a more perfect location for our friends and family during our special weekend.

The staff here at the Mount View is awesome. They really go above and beyond to make the guests feel welcome and special. I look forward to my next visit.

P.S. The MV Hotel & Spa has great weekday discounts M-Th as well as AAA discounts. I usually try to go up during the week because it is more affordable for me, but they have deals all the time, so just make sure you check the website from time to time.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2010

We have stayed at the Mount View Hotel many times, but this was one of our favorite stays. The Mount View's staff is wonderful! They make you feel special. This was our 30th Anniversary and we stayed in the Hans Fayden Winery Suite. The room is beautiful and comfortable. It has a king-size bed, a sitting area with a couch and two chairs, and two bathroom areas on either sides of the suite. One is just for a clawfoot tub. The other has an amazing shower with two showerheads and lots of room. The Mount View is located in the center of town. Once we park, we never get in our car again unless it is to visit one of the wineries nearby. Sometimes we take our bikes and ride to the wineries. There is a bike/jogging trail that leads to Sterling Winery. The Flat Iron Restaurant across the street doesn't have a corkage fee. You can bring your wine with you and they gladly serve you. Their dinners are great too. We love the clean, sparkling pool and jacuzzi at the hotel. They have a great spa downstairs. The beds are very comfortable and I love the comforter on top. They provide Aveda products in the bathroom. This is one of our favorite places to go.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carols_trips39
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Mount View during my wedding. We pretty much booked the entire hotel, including the bridal suite. We had also reserved, months ahead of time, the private lounge off the lobby as an after-wedding destination for our guests (31 adults). We started experiencing problems with the staff months ahead of time. First, they charged another guest's hotel to my parents' credit card. Totally different names, etc., so not sure how that sort of mistake can happen. They also forgot to remove the group deposit from my credit card once the group booking met their deadline -- for two months. So, two month's interest was applied to my credit card. The hotel did not do anything to accommodate the error -- no free spa session, no credit to the room for the excess, unexpected charges on the credit card. When my fiance and I stayed at the hotel 6 months before the wedding, to check out the hotel and meet caterers, etc., the staff was INCREDIBLY rude to us -- one guy even told me, when he brought an iron to my room -- that the hotel was essentially doing us a favor by giving us a discounted room for the weekend, so we were not going to receive all amenities as a result (long story there). It was an odd moment. The staff wouldn't greet us back when we came downstairs and said hello to them, weird behavior like that. Unfriendly. To make matters worse, when we arrived the week of our wedding, we found out that the hotel director had forgotten to let the restaurant next store know that the private lounge had been booked by us months ahead of time as our after-wedding destination and so the restaurant had reserved it for their private party and, of course, was not about to cancel that because the hotel made a mistake. So, we had to beg the hotel to please find us an alternative option for our guests. They ended up putting us in their spa, which was a bit odd, but at least we had a place to hang out, albeit very limited seating and very bright lighting.

The rooms are nice, overall, but realize that the hotel is very old and so the rooms are not spacious. Also, if you go off-season (meaning, not during the summer) the rooms get very, very cold. There are window heating units which take a very long time to heat up the room. But the art deco style is very pretty and if you don't like down comforters or pillows, they will accommodate you with non-down.

The staff, especially Eric, was very much on-hand during my wedding week for my guests, one of whom was in a wheelchair. Overall, I like the hotel, but was just surprised time and time again at how clueless and a bit off the staff could be. I think it's the younger staff members who acted this way; Cassi and Nicole (managers) were very much accommodating, albeit it was Cassi who failed to notify the restaurant about our private lounge booking. Not everyone is perfect. The hotel is in downtown Calistoga, a great location, with some limited free parking if you can get there fast enough. The town is great. The rooms come with free continental breakfast (juice, coffee, tea, fruit and fresh-baked pastries from Sweetie Pies, a well-known bakery in Napa). Aveda products in the bathrooms and a nice spa downstairs. Pool and Jacuzzi in the back. There is one computer in the lobby with access to the Internet.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We were very disappointed in our stay at the Mount View. On-line, it got decent reviews, and the pictures and descriptions looked nice. Upon entering, the lobby was very nice, but beyond that, not much good about it for us. The desk staff were friendly, but not very hospitable. There was actually no service at all in my opinion! Our room was OK, clean, the bed was comfortable, however, there was absolutely no view. We opened our windows to find a rusted out trailer out back in a field of weeds, and two flower boxes outside our window with dead flowers. There were no screens on our windows, so we also could not enjoy the fresh air. The bathroom was very small, and the shower head sprayed water everywhere. In the morning, we went down to the lobby for coffee, and found there was none, and when we asked, they said we had to wait for breakfast. We were GREATLY disappointed in the "breakfast" brought to us as well...dry baked goods, and apple and banana, and cold coffee. We went out for breakfast both days! We will NOT be returning, and felt we got nowhere near our money's worth!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple