“Better hotels for the price ”

Mount View Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Eureka, Ca
“Better hotels for the price ”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Our stay was ok...customer service was only ok. For off season there are better deals. Spa was having electrical work done and that was not stated before we came. Room was just ok. Everything was just ok. I will make another choice next time we visit.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
MountViewMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Mount View Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Hello finewine35, I am sorry to hear your experience was just "OK". We strive for excellence here at the Mount View Hotel & Spa, and "OK" does not qualify for excellence. We did do some beautification improvements to our Spa, and had this listed every where possible, I am sorry you were not clear on our efforts. If you are able to elaborate on your experience in more detail, we are always interested in continuous improvements; please reach out to me directly at hotelmgr@mountviewhotel.com or 707.942.6121.

Hospitality Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Redway, California
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Their website doesn't do them justice, the spa is awesome best in town! This place is awesome! I will admit I haven't stayed here yet, but everything else is really nice. We spent Christmas in Calistoga this year and stayed at a couple of cottages in town. Mount View was the only place open on Christmas day that i knew of and what a pretty spa!! Beautiful relaxing surroundings unlike any other spa, besides Solage($$$$) Dry Sauna, Big Jetted Tubs and seated steam showers, great massages by Joy, Stella, and an awesome real deep pore facial by Corinne, and I am a beautician and picky. You can hang out in the 88 degree pool and mineral hot tub and use sauna all day if you do a spa treatment. $20 day use for pool and hot tub if you are staying somewhere else. I am definitely coming to stay here next time!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Rooms can have nasty views. It's on the expensive side. Breakfast is not good. Feels like you are in a cell. I asked the staff if I can get another room that doesn't face the air-conditioning system of the building, or a wall, and they refused, saying the hotel is full. It clearly wasn't, so I was lied to. Only the hot tub has mineral water in it, and it is a not very big. The other pool has regular water and you smell like pool chemicals when you get out of the pool. For such a high price per room, stay somewhere else, you'd be better off. I would never return, very disappointed, definitely not matching the money paid to stay there. The only good thing is the location. This is what comes to mind when I think of this hotel one week after I visited.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank venera1122
MountViewMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Mount View Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Hello Venera1122, I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the Mount View Hotel. More than that, I am sorry you feel as if we lied to you. Since all of our rooms are individually appointed, it is policy to show a guest another room if they wish, we try to show the same room type, but will also show upgraded rooms if available. If you were told the Hotel was full, it was indeed full. We understand that not every guest would like to sleep in a room with red walls, or purple walls, so we accommodate room changes when requested and when possible. We do only advertise our Mineral Whirlpool, as our swimming pool, is not built with the Mineral waters. It should not however smell of chemicals, so I will have this checked by our maintenance team immediately. That you for your comments and I do hope you give us another try on a future visit.

Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Excellent stay! Front desk staff was amazing at recommending wineries, arranging tours and setting up the shuttle service for us. Room was small - but clean and comfortable. My husband and I aren't into sugary pastry breakfast - but we found an excellent spot a few doors down at Sarafornia.
You can find amazing cheese, wine and California IPAs a few doors down at the grocery store to enjoy back in the room.

Historic hotel - with modern finish.

Highly recommend Mount View and Calistoga - worth the extra drive!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassi D, Guest Relations Manager at Mount View Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Hello Tanya S. Thank you for the wonderful review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Mount View Hotel as well as Calistoga as a whole. I agree, it is worth the extra drive. We hope to have you as our guest again.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My mother and I stayed here for us to venture out into wine country. I will say for the price we paid and received two twin beds was a little overrated. I thought the hotel was really nice and good condition however we ran out of hot water. So literally we had to take showers at the spa which was definitely inconvenience. They were nice enough to give us a $100 dollars off for one night. The hotel I will say was in a very convenient location to get around the area. I don't know if I would come here again and stay, but would probably check out St. Helena or Sonoma the next time around.

Room Tip: tell them not put you on the first floor as you will hear everything.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cassi D, Guest Relations Manager at Mount View Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Hello Jackie R.

Thank you for the review. I do wish to apologize to you again for our water heater going out during your stay. That was in deed a very unfortunate morning and we have had the water heater replaced. We had several rooms affected by that situation and we had it fixed as quickly as possible. Still, the option to shower in the Spa rather than in room is inconvenient. Luckily, water heaters do not go out regularly and with a new heater, we should not see this issue again. Knowing that, I hope you reconsider and stay again. If two Twin beds are not accommodating to your needs, we do also have two Queen Bed suites.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed "The Couple Indulgence" at the spa and were very happy with the experience. Very clean and calming atmosphere, the staff were very inviting and lockers for your personal items - great time and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ryanjbrown,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I love hearing that you enjoyed your Couple's Indulgence Spa Package. We hope you are able to come back for some R&R soon. Keep in mind, anytime you book Spa, you are welcome to come and enjoy the full day in our Backyard, with our heated pool & Mineral Whirlpool.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was there on a business trip. The hotel is well located and offers everything that you will need during your trip. The pool is heated, it has hot tub and a lot of restaurants are close by. They offer complimentary continental breakfast delivered at your convenience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
The Bergson
#2 of 15 in Calistoga
Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort
Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort
#10 of 15 in Calistoga

Been to Mount View Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!