“Great for Girlfriends Getaway”

Calistoga Spa Hot Springs
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Five high school girlfriends and I recently spent two nights at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs. Our check-in was easy, the rooms were clean and spacious and the pools were fabulous. Each room had a two-burner stove, sink, coffeemaker and microwave as well as dishes and cookware. The location was great. We walked to tasting rooms, restaurants, the post office and the charming shops of Calistoga. Nothing luxurious but perfect for a bunch of girls getting together for their annual excursion.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelingTeacher59
MikeLennon, General Manager at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Hello TravelingTeacher59. Very excited to see your review and that you and your girlfriends had an enjoyable visit. We often have "Girlfriend Getaways" stay with us and we love the energy they bring to the pools. Cheers, Mike Lennon - GM

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is an older resort, motel style. The overall feel is that efficiency trumps style. On the positive side:Our room had been nicely redone with a functional kitchenette and new furniture and we had a little picnic area out front. The pool area does need more work, the covered adult-only round pool is a start. We missed poolside showers and signs that showering is mandatory before taking a bath in the pools. It would save a lot of chlorine and be more hygienic, too.
Location is convenient and quiet with all the amenities within walking distance.
Reader's tip: :"HIGH TEA WITH CASTRO" on Kobobooks

Room Tip: if you want to make use of the picnic areas choose a room on the ground level behind the pool area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I delayed celebrating out 35 wedding anniversary in Aug until Oct. We booked a two day stay up at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs and had a great time. The pools were relaxing, the location is very convenient for walking around Calistoga. We walked to Solbar and Jole both great dining experiences. We each had a massage, my first; Jill was great. My wife, who is more experienced in massages thought the massage was average and would likely not go back. She has been to Lavender nearby and found it more zen like.
Highly recommend it Calistoga Spa and Hot Springs.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wchart
MikeLennon, General Manager at Calistoga Spa Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Hello wchart, thank you for the feedback on your stay and I will share with Jill in the spa your nice comments. The spa will undergo a refreshment in the coming months so we hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Really nice property and the remodeling was evident. The queen room was spacious and had an apartment feel to it. The room was quiet and there was very little traffic on the back street, so my sleep went undisturbed. I loved the remote for the a/c and the fact that there was a USB charger for my electronic devices. The grounds were well kept and the pool area was nice. There wasn't any help with my luggage to my 2nd floor room, but I managed. I had a spa treatment as well. The spa could use a lot of updating. It felt old and unclean. I would go somewhere else for spa services, but with the discounts I received, my spa services were basically free. Overall, my stay was comfortable and I felt safe, being that I was traveling alone. I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I'd choose a higher floor near Garret St.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have been coming here for years, when it was somewhat funky, but it had the hot pool. The rooms were very motel like and the price was right. The extensive remodel totally updated the property, now a lot more expensive. The pools are lovely and the hot pool is finally hot (our last visit it was barely tepid). The rooms could use better lighting, but generally a big improvement. The spa is nice, the massages have been hit and miss, mostly miss. The beds are comfortable, even if they had been attacked by the decorator pillows. Walking distance to many fine restaurants, or cook in the kitchenette. Great market and deli for take out a block away. I live an hour away, but make a point to come a few times a year to soak and relax. The pools here are the best.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed September 16, 2013

If you want a place to crash that's really nice without being pretentious while wine tasting and galavanting around Napa Valley, this is where you wanna be. Renovated rooms (we stayed in rm 217), very nice, had a kitchenette....I only wish checkout time was an hour or two later....I never want to leave!

Room Tip: We stayed in Rm 217 which was recently renovated (not sure if they all were?).
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jodonnell915
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was the best experience I have had in many years! I have been a regular of this spa over the years, even coming weekly when I lived in Sonoma county! This was my first visit after the remodel and I will say it is fabulous! The improvement at the pools was astounding! I just wanted to lay by the pool, bask in the sun and read all day (when I wasn't jumping in the pools!) This is the superb, place to come to enjoy pure relaxation! My spouse and I were celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and boy was this the place to celebrate! The spa treatments were great! The only downer for me was that our stay was ONLY 2 nights! Next time I have to stay at least 4 nights! If you want a great place to go and relax and even bring the family, Calistoga Spa Hot Springs in Calistoga is the destination!

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor, you are closer to the pools!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple