“Check it out very comfortable!”

Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This Napa Valley landmark soothes visitors through mud baths, steam rooms, massages and more. For 64 years and still family owned and managed, a visit to one of the few remaining family ventures is old school and good...We are real!
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Yum! I enjoyed a mud bath and massage and then soaked in the mineral pools. I havn't felt this relaxed in a long time. The massuese was very thorough and worked on issues i was having in my shoulders. This is an older resort, but you can tell everything has been taken care of and updated throughout the years. I was amazed at how clean the facility is and really recommend it to anyone!

1  Thank arahoeitak

Reviewed April 6, 2009

My girlfriend and I just spent the weekend in Calistoga at Dr. Wilkinson’s Hot Springs. We loved it. The spa was the best part. We’ve been to other spas before but this was a REAL spa. God knows how many hotels have spas these days, where the sit you in a warm room, which is a fancy bs way of saying a room with some candles and orange walls, and they give you a half assed massage then charge you a hundred dollars each (for only the massage!). The mud bath was great. The mud was really thick and you kind of float in it. No matter which way you move the mud adjusts and you float. I went to a place in Aspen last year, and the mud bath was more like dirty water. At the time, I thought wow this is great but now I prefer the thick mud. The other thing that made the spa great was my massage. My guy, Mark, gave me a great Swedish massage. He clearly knew what he was doing because afterwards I felt like jelly. The rooms were comfortable and close to this enormous indoor hot tub. My girlfriend also really liked the town and did lots of window shopping, looking at the local bookstore and knick natch shops. Anyway, the spa was great and I give it four stars.

1  Thank IRockHard
Reviewed October 12, 2008

I've been coming to Calistoga from the bay area for 20 years or so, and used to stay at Nance's Hot Springs before it burned down a few years ago. I generally come with a group of 3 work friends.

I was very disappointed in the massage at Doc Wilkinson's. The masseuse neglected to ask me if I had any medical conditions or any areas I would like her to concentrate on. I felt that she was going through the motions - mediocre to poor massage.

The mud was nice, and the indoor hot pool was nice. I would go back if I could be assured of finding a masseuse who provided more of what I needed.

2  Thank santacruzmtns_trav
Reviewed June 6, 2008

Enjoyed the Spa very much. Had to make some reservation changes at the last minute and adjust perferences - Mark came through like a champ. Mud was the best ever. Massage was great and the massage specialist very friendly. Time flew by. Renewed both my body and attitude. Will return on my next trip to the valley.

Reviewed May 22, 2008

Just back from an afternoon at Willkinson's. Having had a mudbath at my last visit, I decided to pass on that one and opted for mineral baths, a facial and a massage. There are 3 mineral baths - 2 outdoor pools of varying temperatures and one indoor, very hot one (105 degrees). The massage was OK - not the best I've ever had but decent. But the facial - given by Annamarie Cabrinha was the best facial I've ever had, and I've had a bunch. She works in a small, separate building, more like a cabana, so it's quiet and private. After assessing your skin type and problems, she recommends one of a number of different facials and then gets to work. She's professional, knows what she's doing, talks if you want her to, doesn't if you don't, and gave the best scalp massage along with the skin treatment. I think she's the only skin care specialist, but just in case, ask for her. It was worth every penny.

1  Thank mid214