“Fun, unique, a mud bath you'll never forget”

Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This Napa Valley landmark soothes visitors through mud baths, steam rooms, massages and more. For 64 years and still family owned and managed, a visit to one of the few remaining family ventures is old school and good...We are real!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fun, unique, a mud bath you'll never forget”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went for "the works". It was really fun to sit neck-deep in mud, rinse off and get a massage. I can't recommend it enough and would definitely go back.

The atmosphere is laid-back and fun, a refreshing break from some places that take themselves too seriously. We were about 15 minutes late, and the staff graciously accommodated us.

I would recommend asking when you check in about the tip. My friend and I did not enquire before we paid. There was not room to write in a tip on the charge, and we did not bring cash.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank kate S
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Kate S,

Thank you for your kind review! I am happy that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you again soon!

Warm best wishes,
Mark Wilkinson

P.S. Gratuities can be left on a credit cad for the staff...sorry for any confusion about that!

“What a fabulous Spa!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay! I had a mud bath, mineral bath and massage. Kathryn, my masseuse was incredible! Having been to a couple of other spas, this is the only spa we will go to in Calistoga from now on!

Visited July 2013
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing relaxation”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight at DWHS and of course had to do the mud ......"the works". I was totally apprehensive but after reading reviews and encouraged by the wife, I was willing. The mud is like nothing other! Imagine a hot steamy oatmeal bath, thick and lumpy....then a face mask and cucumbers over the eyes. Very different for me to say the least! Enrique was my attendant and he was great! After the mud came a shower (very important!), then a tub bath, steam room and a blanket wrap. I was already like Gumby and then had the most incredible massage with Nicole....one of the best hours of my life! :). It's a bathhouse...no pretension just good, actually great. I have been to five star places many times......Four Seasons Maui, Halekulani, Kahala, Beverly Hills Hotel, Hotel Bel Air, etc, etc..... and have done the spa things there for a lot more money. Best bang for the buck is Dr. Wilkinson's! Glitz? no...Quality .....yes and big time. Go there!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jake R
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great group spa experience!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and a group of her friends visited for a spa day for a bachelorette party and had a great experience. Clean, relaxing, and a care-free time! Mark Wilkinson and his staff were very helpful in making this a great relaxing day!

Visited April 2013
Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kitschy and relaxing!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Perfectly preserved resort, looking as though it was pulled out of 1950s Palm Springs! Had a wonderful, incredibly relaxing time at first mud bath. Will definitely return for more!

Visited March 2013