“nice hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Calabasas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 11, 2006

Typical garden inn. Very nice and new but nothing fancy. Would stay there again for business.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank quickybird
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas

Reviewed November 9, 2006

I am shocked by the good reviews for this hotel. I was completely dissatisfied with my stay there. First of all, the price per night was $125 per night which is a complete rip-off as there is no room service, no nothing. There is one brief room service period for a couple of hours early in the evening, but when I woke up, no room service at all. I had to go downstairs and try to get a to go order to take back up to my room from a crappy little buffet bar, and what little food I got, was terrible.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else, unless you don't mind outrageous rates. This place should cost $49.99 per night..

• Stayed: November 2006
1  Thank dtjobrien
Reviewed October 29, 2006

I had to have a minor surgery done and traveled to Los Angeles to see the best doctor in the field. I chose the Hilton Garden Inn as a recovery destination before flying home. I spent HOURS evaluating hotels since I knew I would be "trapped" in my room during recovery and wanted to have everything I needed at hand.

I chose the Hilton Garden Inn because it was somewhat near my surgery site, but because the rate seemed reasonable for the room I found. Also the area seemed safe. I booked a non-smoking large room that had a king-size bed, a sofa, a chair with ottoman, a desk, a microwave, coffee maker and mini refrigerator. I wanted the larger area so I would not feel cooped up.

I arrived at the hotel at noon, so I was grateful they let me check in. However, although I had paid for the larger room, I opened the door into a small room without a sofa - not the one that I paid for. I immediately phoned the front desk and they told me they oversold the type of room I booked. I told them that I'd paid for a certain room and I needed to have that room. The front desk clerk told me they could give me a discount. I stressed to her that I was going to be having a surgery, and I needed to have the room that I booked. She then told me that it would be an hour wait. That was fine with me, so I went off to an appointment. All was well when I returned and I had the room I booked and paid for.

I felt that the room was just what it should have been for a Hilton Garden Inn - comfortable, nice, clean, quiet. The one thing that I would mention; however, is that the breakfast buffet left a great deal to be desired. If you wanted anything hot, you had to go through the waitstaff, and the service was VERY slow. We did not go back a second day, for overpriced, below-average food.

Other than the difficulty getting the room I booked and paid for and the breakfast, the stay was perfect. I would definitely recommend this hotel; however, make other plans for breakfast, unless you absolutely need the convenience of eating at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DallasTraveler06
Reviewed September 4, 2006

Since this hotel opened in 2003, I’ve probably stayed here no less than 45 days for business or with family. The property is well and continuously maintained (with the exception of the exercise equipment), clean and inviting. The rooms facing north have a view of the San Fernando Valley (referred to as “city view”) and of the Commons, rooms facing west have a pleasant territorial view. Literally, 5 minutes away is the Calabasas Commons, an upscale open-air shopping center with outdoor patio eating, boutiques (Belle Gray by Lisa Rinna), Barnes and Noble, the Corner Bakery, an art deco movie theatre, live music and so much more (people-watching). If you’ve been to The Grove in West Hollywood, the Commons is smaller scale but same architecture and ambience (no trolley).
The Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas offers two queen beds, deluxe King rooms, refrigerators, microwaves and ample closet space - perfect for traveling with young families. My children love the buffet breakfasts, the swimming pool and evening strolls around Calabasas Lake followed by freshly baked cookies provided by the hotel.
Added bonuses: During my last two visits, I’ve noted the carpet is freshly cleaned upon my arrival; during my June 2006 week visit, all the mattresses and linens (300+ count) were upgraded; and Calabasas is a smoke-free city. Complimentary wireless internet access, comfortable work areas, a business center, mini suites and a mini market make this hotel a sure bet for any type of traveler.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
10  Thank WhatIKnow
Reviewed August 25, 2006

After reading the reviews here, I settled on this hotel for my wife and me. The lobby area was large and welcoming and check-in was a breeze. I love the layout of the room with the window from the whirlpool to the bedroom. The desk chair is extremely comfortable and the desk itself is the perfectly large size (in fact, I am now looking to buy one just like it). Check-out was also easy with the staff sliding your check-out information under the door and me only have to hit a button on the phone and say my check-out time. The outdoor spa and pool are small but sufficient, especially when you're the only people out there.

Very close to Calabasas Commons, although probably not walking distance for most. I would definitely stay there again if looking for anything in the area.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gpickypick
Reviewed May 30, 2006

Well managed hotel. Nice and friendly staff. Always clean rooms. Excellent free continental breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank johneik
Reviewed February 10, 2006

My wife and I stayed here for the 2nd time
in a few years. The hotel is in a great location,
convenient to the Commons, a beautiful outdoor
shopping area.

Our room was in good shape, and very clean
each day. I would highly recommend this hotel
as a good value for the Calabasas area.

• Stayed: February 2006
3  Thank kjk411
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calabasas
The Anza Hotel
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 6 in Malibu
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas? Share your experiences!