“Very nice stay! Clean, good location, helpful staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Calabasas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We booked this hotel for one night only, as we were on our way to Santa Barbara, but there were no hotels available there for the 4th of July. We didn't really expect much, as it was a quite cheap hotel - but we were positively surprised! Though it's close to the highway, it is quiet, and close to a really cute outside shopping mall, with small shops and nice restaurants. The hotel staff is also very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious, clean and very comfortable. It also had a nice pool, but we didn't use this - we rather drove about half an hour to Malibu beach, which also was very nice. Overall a really good experience, in a nice area and super convenient as it was close to the highway Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Service was great and staff were wonderful. Rooms were clean and spacious. Bathroom was neat and organized. Staff were very helpful and accomodating. Location of the Hotel was perfect for us, since its away from the busy city life. Restaurants and shopping area was walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2014

competent, friendly staff. great breakfast hours. close parking, beautifully kept grounds and a comfortable room. hard to go wrong. oh, and i left behind hanging dress shirts in a closet, called the next day, and they found them, and put them aside for pickup. nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I was visiting on business for a couple nights recently. I've stayed here many times over the past 7 years or so and if I have one criticism it is the turnover. I've gotten to know several people over the years and later find them gone. I hope it is just that they've moved on with life.

The hotel is in a great location easy walking distance to the Calabasas Commons which has shops, restaurants, books, and a movie theater. The area is overall just pretty to walk around too.

I had no problems with checkin or checkout. The staff was relatively friendly and efficient, although not exuberant.

I ate dinner at the hotel one night and the food was actually very good, better than I expected for hotel fare. The chicken soup was some of the best I've had. The server/bartender was friendly and we had a nice chat.

I will definitely be returning here.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are renovated/upgraded, try to get one of those. Rear-facing rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I came to this hotel after planning a 14 day long trip in California which included Yosemite, Sequoia, Malibu and San Francisco. I delicately chose each cabin or hotel to make mine and my friends adventure both safe and memorable... When we checked into Hilton in Calabasas (15 minutes from Malibu!) Bruno was at the front desk... We let him know that we had just been willingly roughing it the last 7 days and were so exited to have air conditioning and a bathroom in our room! Once we got to our room we felt uncomfortable being the first room off the elevator, the only window in the room looked out to a wall and the "king" sized bed we reserved was actually the size of a standard queen (much smaller than a California King and a standard king... I measured) .... We thought that since Bruno was so nice we would go ask if there was another room with two beds and a little but better view available... Boy was I wrong.... As soon as I asked Bruno in the nicest way possible for a switch he and the 2 ladies that were at the front counter became instantly cold and rude as if it was effecting them personally. We were extremely polite and apologized numerous times for something that we shouldn't have had to apologize for and felt like we were punished for it. - he switched our room for us and when I took the key and said "thank you so much" he ignored me!!! Didnt even look at me, didn't say a word!! We felt naturally uncomfortable for the rest of our stay to go to the front counter for anything, even walking through the lobby was something we wanted to avoid due to Bruno and the girls making us feel like we were now unwelcome and a nuisance. We found that our fridge was broken in our new room but felt too uncomfortable to tell the front desk about it so we didn't... How awful is that! It is a lovely hotel that is clean and in a great location, but the front desk associates makes it difficult for me to say I would ever spend my money here again.. Here is what I will forever remember about my stay in Calabasas... Beautiful beaches 15 minutes away, safe location, lots of shops around, very rude and unwelcoming people at the front desk of the Hilton Garden Inn that I'll tell everyone about. If you look at my other reviews and places I've stayed you'll see that I all not a picky person when it comes to places to stay.. But I expect for the associates to be respectful to me.. I felt extremely disrespected here. All that just to switch our room, which he did anyway!!! --- if he would've smiled, said no problem, and said "you're welcome" I would be gushing over how amazing everything and everyone was and how I would tell anyone to go here... But unfortunately, one person made it uncomfortable and unpleasant for us.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room doesnt face a wall! And if youre expecting a king - The "kings" a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank BethanyLeigh
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Very impressed with this Hilton, better than most others outside of main cities, especially given the low price. The room was spacious and with all the amenities including bath tub, coffee machine and microwave. Air con a bit noisy but working well.
The breakfast was wonderful for this class of hotel - it features made to order eggs, smoked salmon, helpful staff, proper china plates rather than paper ones. Laundry and fitness rooms were very adequate, and a pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2014

First let mw say that I am the pickiest traveler in the world! This hotel is #1 on my list of super clean hotels!!! We chose to stay here because we did not want to stay in Downtown LA. So we used this hotel as our home base as we toured the city of Los Angeles and surrounding areas. Good restaurants and necessities close by. Quiet! Great for families.Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calabasas
The Anza Hotel
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 6 in Malibu

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas? Share your experiences!