Hilton Garden Inn Calabasas
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Average 3/5
All reviewsfront deskmalibu canyonflavored waterpepperdine universitywoodland hillsgreat hotelwithin walking distancequiet locationexcellent breakfastla areaclean roomseasy accessexcellent staylos angelesfitness centerwould definitely stay here againfree parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Bed was too firm, and with a thin comforter (as opposed to nice goose down duvet). Noisy environs where I could easily hear other rooms and hallway, as well as other cooling units and some (low but noticeable) noise from highway. I was in room 242. Light sleepers beware, or perhaps have better luck with a different room.

Pluses: Free parking, fridge & microwave in room, right off highway.

Room Tip: Perhaps try a corner, top floor room?
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tSanDiego
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was a startingly pleasant hotel to stay at for 4 nights while on business. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

The good: The room was large(!), comfortable, and the bed awesome. Bathroom was fine, not great. Room had a safe in it big enough for my electronics. I overlooked the parking lot to the side, so it was quiet. The location is right off the expressway (but you can't hear it), and also a short, few minute walk to the very quaint Commons mall with a starbucks, movie theater, and nice stores. Great for stretching your legs and a breath of fresh air in the morning. Breakfast may be a little extra, but its good fare - especially the omelets. Front desk service was good, but Brian there gets to know your name and will let East Coasters into the gym before 5 am provided you don't use the TV or make noise - I was using the elliptical with an ipod, so it was perfect for me. But meeting him meant I got pleasant greetings and goodbyes by name each time I traveled in and out. I'm originally from another culture where I could really appreciate that.

The maybe not so good: The room was on the dark side being on the first floor overlooking a side parking lot (so no view to speak of). The gym was very limited in what equipment it had, but then again I never had to wait for the piece I used most. The pool is teeny, so don't think about doing laps (too small to even run around it - hah!). But it is heated, so romantic in the evening. The staff did not know how to make a cappuccino despite having a machine to do so. I had to step out to Starbucks to get that fix.

I'll definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Upper floor better here if you desire some early morning sunlight to enjoy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank BlueWindez
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We came here for our 40th anniversary to do something more than just dinner. The staff has been so warm, friendly and accommodating we feel so welcomed.

The rooms are nice and the bed is very comfortable. The breakfast was a little confusing but the food very good.

My husband still smokes and they placed the smoking area in such a lovely spot! We really appreciate that.

We really love being in Calabasas and the Commons is so nice to go to just a block away. Of course the nice "lounge around the pool" weather hasn't hurt either.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Spacious room in a very clean, well maintained hotel. Lots of good facilities, plenty of free parking, good buffet breakfast selection (reasonable extra cost) and very quiet (close to the freeway but far enough not to hear it). I had a seperate issue with my LAX Avis car rental which resulted in an expensive phone bill but the receptionist Francisco Garcia very kindly printed off screen shots from my bill to prove the number was Avis LAX for my claim.

The local Commons shopping centre/restaurant complex is only a short walk away and seems to be in a safe, clean area. Was a perfect North-west of LA location for us as the next stage of our California road trip was up Highway 1 to San Francisco.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Duffers1978
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel( previous one was August 2010) and whilst the location is excellent for exploring LA, the quality of this hotel has declined.

Our room was on the ground floor which was rather dark and overlooked parked cars. The room was clean but lacked a safe and hairdryer. It was classified as an evolution room, however it was a little tired and required a refresh. If you do stay at this hotel, request a second floor room on the front of the hotel. Our previous stay was in such a room and noise was minimal. The evolution room on the ground floor also suffered from noise.

Overall a reasonable stay but a little disappointed. Being a Hilton member also doesn't appear to secure you one of the better rooms

• Stayed: August 2012