We were looking for a place to stay on a road trip from SF to LA. Calabasas was a last minute choice and I selected the Anza based on the reviews, pictures and price. I was impressed!
1. The rooms are very big and have recently been updated - they are super cool.
2. The bed linens are good and the rooms clean and tidy
3. The reception area is very nice, there are two Apple Macs, a pile of WSJ newspapers, a well stocked cafe/bar and lots of seating space
4. The room rate includes parking and WiFi
5. There is a nice gym and pool area
The less good:
1. The corridors haven't been refurbished, they have horrid patterned yellow/orange carpet from around 1973 and the bedroom doors are a dreadful beige - I guess the USD 6m refurb hasn't yet reached the corridors.
2. The bed and pillows were very soft - much too soft for my liking (I think the beds are designed to be soft rather than having softened through age/wear and tear.
3. The 101 runs behind the hotel so you might have a problem with road noise - best to check your room allocation before you book
4. The cleaning staff didn't thoroughly clean our room and left drinking glasses and coffee condiments lying around.
Another bonus is that the old town of Calabasas and the Commons shopping centre are great to visit and a couple of minutes walk form the hotel. I would definitely stay again and recommend the hotel to family and friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reflecting the stylish and inviting ambiance of Calabasas itself, The Anza features modern design and contemporary decor with a casual vibe. While our personal attention to service creates a welcoming environment, not unlike what you would expect while staying with close friends, The Anza offers an entirely new hotel experience in Calabasas. Casual but timeless, modern but comfortable. Enter the bright and airy lobby designed with areas to socialize and relax. With communal tables, lounge seating around a fireplace, and media den, it's the perfect spot to gather with friends or meet new ones. Graze Bistro & Bar provides tempting light fare and a selection of local wines and beers, while The Market offers grab-and-go snacks and other sundries. Enjoy a cabana at the pool or a brisk workout. Or simply retreat to your oversized guest room where a neutral color palette creates an inviting sense of calm and comfort and mindful amenities provide all the comforts of home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Anza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Calabasas Hotel Calabasas
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Calabasas
- Country Inn Calabasas
- Calabasas Country Inn