“3 strikes”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Calabasas
San Diego
“3 strikes”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Most of the rooms are nice and the location is good, however I won't be staying here again. I have experienced the following all on separate occasions:

1. They have no record of a charge clearly made by them to my credit card.
2. I got blocked in after parking in their lot overnight. They were unable to find the guest blocking me in and I had to find alternate transportation to work. This made me late to a very important meeting.
3. They "ran out" of rooms of the caliber which I had booked so I paid a pretty penny to stay in one of their tiny, unappealing rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 1233159
Genarro M, General Manager at The Anza Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
We are so sorry to hear that the poor parking choice of one of our guest and our inability to contact them to solve the issue made you late to your meeting. It is also very disappointing to hear that we did not have your requested room type available for your stay. Lastly the fact that you received a charge that you were unaware of is not acceptable. I will be personally reaching out to you to ensure that we correct the issue on your bill to 100% of your satisfaction. It is also our goal at the Anza Hotel to make things as convenient as possible for our business travelers. Should you choose the Anza for your future business needs in the Calabasas area I will personally oversee your accommodation’s to ensure you have a successful trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
visalia ca
Reviewed August 7, 2013

newly remodeled with very sleek modern furniture. room very large. at very northern point of san fernando valley on hwy 101. housekeeping responds quickly. not enough people working front desk. 'coffe bean' shop in shopping ctr next door. loved walk-in shower, don't know if all rooms have same. small reasonably priced cafe in lobby. nice gym. small nice pool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Cape Coral, Florida, Usa
Reviewed August 7, 2013

i enjoyed my stay at the ANZA, I was on the ground floor so i did not here noise from the 101. upper floors may have that issue. the staff was excellent. I would give the hotel a 4 star rating, but can't because of one issue,. I was in room 132, the toilet is ovel and the toilet seat was round. so there was an inch of porcelin to contend with. I'm told they spent 6 million to fix the place. they should have spent 6 millon and twenty and got the proper fitting toilet seat. I spoke to the desk about it. he said they had to cut corners. I told him to speak to the manager about it because if not fixed i would write about it, and so I am. if you were in the military and sitting on porcelin brings back good memories ask for rm 132, If you ever did prison time and sitting on porcelin brings back bad memories be sure not to get rm 132.....having said all this i would go back. i like that it was clean and and the location was perfect for me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Genarro M, General Manager at The Anza Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We are glad that you found the hotel to be in a great location as well as clean and found there were no noise issues from the 101. That is in thanks to our sound resistant double pane windows. It is unfortunate that you had a less than excellent experience in our all new bathrooms. We have already had maintenance adjust the issue in room 132 as well as blitz the remainder of the hotel looking for similar issues. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Woodland Hills
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The beds and pillows are so comfortable that I actually had the best sleep! I like the decor too, staff is super friendly and accommodating, great hotel. I live locally and needed a handicapped accessible room as my visiting brother is not able to climb stairs at my house so we chose The Anza and were pleased with the room and the ease of bathing him in their accessible rooms.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor accessible room and had ease with showering my disabled brother.
San Leandro, California, Usa
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I've stayed here twice now, and can't wait to go back. Situated right next door to the shopping centers, you can walk to get breakfast, lunch and dinner no problem. The rooms are brand new, very chic and clean. This little hotel is the best part about my work trips to LA.
And so affordable!

Room Tip: Next to the freeway, but you can hardly hear a thing from inside the room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
El Monte, Ca
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The service at the front desk was Excellent! Very friendly and helpful. My sisters and I loved our room! Gave us ladies room to get ready on time for our dinner appt. We look forward to coming back this way and staying at the Anza in the future. THANKS TO ALL THE STAFF!

Room Tip: I have to mention one thing, all in all we loved our stay, however, when we came back for the night...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lorraine S
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, Usa
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Location was great easy on and off freeway
Nice shopping center close by
Rooms were nice and clean and also quiet.
I'm not a big writer I don't know what else to say except I liked the place.
Now I'm really getting upset tripadvisor will not let me continue until I have at least 200 characters.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calabasas
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
#3 of 3 in Calabasas
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 5 in Malibu

Been to The Anza Hotel? Share your experiences!