“Anza Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Anza Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Anza Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Calabasas
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Anza Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great location to Calabassas Commons, Farmers Market, close trip to ocean, etc. The hotel recently opened so they are having a few housekeeping issues, but rectify it when notified.Lobby area and rooms are modern/comfortable. Hallway carpets could use an update. This hotel allows dogs...so be aware of that.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
los angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed there for a quick one night visit. The hotel staff was really nice and courteous. The room was very new and clean. However, like other reviews, the hall way carpet was old and smelled funny, the towels in the room were very thin. They all had Marriott's tag on it. The walls of the room were paper thin. We can hear our neighbor watching TV loudly till pass 11pm and I was woken up by kids noise 6 in the morning, and more noises at 7. I don't mind the kids since I was traveling with mine but did not need to be woken up by the loud noise. Needless to say, I did not get a good sleep at all for our staycation. The point of the hotel was for sleep. The location was great. Close to food and shops. We lived in Calabasas before so are very aware of the location convenience. That is also why we booked the hotel. We will try somewhere else next time.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travelkm
Genarro M, General Manager at The Anza Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
It’s great to hear that we got you checked into a perfect ready room on your recent visit. We have also recently made a purchase of all new linen for the hotel in order to further enhance our guest experience. I do apologize for the noisy night that kept you from getting any sleep. We will work with our overnight security team to increase patrols and awareness to ensure this is not a reoccurring situation. And lastly we are working on upgrading the carpet in the corridors of the hotel as the final leg of our renovation. With these changes in place I assure you if you choose the Anza again that you will have a much improved experience.
Woodland Hills, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was very pleased with the location but that was about it. I didn't like the vibe I got the second I walked in. The front desk manager wasn't very nice told us we'd be able to only park one car on the property (we had 2) so we moved it to another area to avoid being towed. I saw other cars in the morning with big, ugly, yellow stickers stuck to their windows stating they will be towed if seen again without their pass displayed. However the rooms were really nicely decorated and updated but apparently someone forgot to update the hallways and elevators which look like they are stuck in the 70's. The pool was so tiny and had no hot tub which was very disappointing. Last but not least the shower looks pretty and I was especially excited about the rain shower heads but water splashed everywhere due to lack of another half of glass to close it. Hard to explain what that looks like but didn't take a picture. The one thing that is great however are the beds and pillows. I had a wonderful nights sleep! Overall this hotel wasn't anything too special for the price. Will be trying other hotels in the area next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Taylor B
I am sorry to hear that you did not receive a VIP reception at our front desk when you arrived. We are working to resolve our parking issues as you noted the yellow warning stickers that have been issued to unauthorized vehicles on the lot which are displacing valued guest such as yourself. We are also working on updating all of the corridors in the hotel as the final phase of our renovation. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our brand new beds and bedding during your stay. We hope you will continue to consider us when in the Calabasas area.
Germantown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Anza was a great place to stay. I travel often to Woodland Hills for business, and usually I had been staying at the Hilton. The Anza is better than the Hilton, as far as I'm concerned. The rooms are recently renovated, and are modern, very design-y, comfortable, upscale, and really nice. The architects on the renovation showed amazing attention to detail. Everything about the place was well thought out-- from the beautiful wallpapers, to the tiles throughout the bathrooms etc. Really nice. I really like the bath products-- wonderful. But I thing that particularly made the Anza a better experience than the Hilton-- was the lobby. I actually enjoyed hanging out in the lobby. Mostly because they have a full-on cafe in the lobby, and great cafe-style seating with wi-fi. Intimate, rather than cavernous, like the HIlton. The best place to stay in Woodland Hills-- and I've stayed at them all. I will mos def stay here on my next trip to LA.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kris C, Front Office Manager at The Anza Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Brooke B--

Thanks so much for the review and thanks for mentioning our lobby.

It's true, we really are the best hotel in the west valley! I will pass along your remarks to our Housekeeping Manager, Cassie, who picked out our amazing bath products. We had our wonderful guests in mind when designing the rooms and the lobby. Our lobby really is the perfect place to grab a drink from the Graze Bistro, relax and shoot the breeze with some friends.

Again, thank you for choosing the Anza Hotel. We love hearing about our guests' fun adventures and great time with us. We will look forward to welcoming you back for more memorable business trips. Take care.

Kris Campbell
Front Office Manager
Tarzana , Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Had a wonderful time
My daughter had a blast in the pool.She ate so much food at graze. Her babysitter enjoyed using the wifi to do her college work. then they both relaxed in the room watching some television in the room. I would definitely do it again, and will do so before summer is over.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
High five Genvieve L!

Thanks for leaving some words on our page. Kids absolutely love our pool as do many of the sun bathing adults! Please come back and bring the little one too! :)
Flagstaff, Arizona, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stumbled upon The Anza Hotel through Groupon. The elements needed for our stay include cleanliness, updated, and a comfortable environment along with a comfortable bed. Per Anza, the hotel had just undergone a BIG renovation and the reviews seemed pretty good. My husband and I stayed at the hotel for $120/night after employer discount program. Upon entering the hotel, it was as pictured. We stood at the desk for some time as the hotel rep spoke on the phone with a potential client. It disturbed me that his conversation included a statement to the effect that if clients booked through the hotel they would receive better treatment. He then told the individual he would move the other guests around to accommodate his need (not sure what that was about but it definitely does not sound welcoming). Upon checking in, we were told of the $50/day incidentals fee (refundable upon check out) - this was not disclosed during my reservation process and was concerning. As we walked to the elevator to get to our room, I noted the hallways obviously were not part of the renovation - but should have been. Our room was exactly as pictured - it was large, included a sofa and chair for lounging, and the bed was very comfortable (a must for me). It was nicely updated and to our decorative palate (modern, minimal, and soothing color palate). The bathroom was also nice; however, the shower lacked a door and, it seems, was a renovation of form not function. Not having a door the water spilled out onto the floor. Also, the towels are rough and thin - not a huge deal but for the look of the room, the towels did not match up - obviously not high on the renovation list. The hotel does offer a "green" program which gives you a $5 certificate to put towards any incidentals if you skip housekeeping. We did participate in this program since it was a short 3-day stay for us. The staff is friendly and the small cafe produces a good latte/mocha. Location wise, the hotel is located in Old Calabassas and is within walking distance to dining and shopping. The downfall is its location next to the freeway (our room looked right onto the freeway). sound was okay but may bother those who have trouble sleeping. Parking is also an issue as there are more cars than spots.

Ultimately, it was a very good experience for us. All of those things discussed above are minor and should not be mistaken as a measurement of failure but improvement opportunities for the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Navajo Nation, Arizona, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is a great place tucked away in Calabasas. It is in a great area that is about 30 minutes from Los Angeles. I loved the new renovation to the place. It was enjoyable and the service was great. The front desk were very nice and I had no problems with my stay. We fell in love with the rainshower head.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calabasas
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
#3 of 3 in Calabasas
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 6 in Malibu

Been to The Anza Hotel? Share your experiences!