“Basic, no-frills lodging”

Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Calabasas
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed at the Good Nite Inn in Calabasas this past weekend. Our ground floor room was basic, but clean. It lacked refrigerator and nightstands, but the bed was comfortable, the sheets were clean and the room was generally well maintained. The AC/Heater unit was relatively modern, but a bit loud for the size of the room. There was a moderately sized LCD TV in the room and a single chair and desk. The outside door had some sizable gaps permitting light/air/noise to enter from outside. Our room was away from US 101 and we were not disturbed by noise from the freeway. We used the laundry facility during our stay... the laundry room seemed a bit aged and along with the appliances, could stand a thorough cleaning. WiFi is available but not included; we did not purchase WiFi services during our stay.

This is Basic, Cheap Accommodation. The staff were professional, even friendly when interacting with me. Housekeeping did not steal our stuff.

Paid WiFi? Come on guys, Free WiFi is the standard now. Some general maintenance with the fit/finish of the doors and other fixtures would be helpful

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from US 101 to avoid noise from the highway
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marc S
There are newer reviews for Good Nite Inn - Calabasas

Reviewed January 7, 2014

A Cheap, safe and comfortable motel. There is not too much around the area it's pretty much in a business park/area. Beds could do with new mattresses and sheets! I would recommend this place if you are looking for something on the cheap. checking was easy as was the checkout, very friendly staff. Parking is on site & hotel is not too far from 101. The rooms could benefit from maybe a little fridge or even coffee and tea making facilities.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sambri7
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Easy to find, clean, inexpensive, close restaurants and shopping. Pleasant experience over all. This hotel is up in the mountains from Malibu, about a 15 minute drive from the coastline highway. The staff was friendly. Access to major highways was just around the corner.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I took the kids to So. Cal for our youngest sons birthday. He wanted to go to both Disneyland theme parks (original & Cal. Adventure) as well as Magic Mountain!!! Needless to say we both expected to take a pretty big financial hit from the trip; and with Christmas literally being weeks away we knew that our hotel accommodations needed to be cheaper than normal without jeopardizing our safety. Well Good Nite Inn Calabasa's went way above and beyond!!!!! Great price, service, amenities.......and Location, Location, Location!!!!!!!! We can't wait to go back!!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms on the south are quieter!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gerrard P
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in the hotel. The service was really good and helpfull. They even let me make a free call from a reception to previews hotel when I left my camera. our room was spacious king no 103. Room was clean.
The hotel is very close to Malibu and the drive is via Santa Monica Mountains with some beautiful views.
If you want to stay in center of Calabasas and be close to nice restaurants this hotel is not the best choice as it is a bit further. But we were looking for a peace and quite so this was perfect. There is a shopping mall walking distance with mexican restaurant starbucks etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ania_graz
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Rooms in need of care.....
But service is great and location in the Calabasa area is outstanding.
Parking is good.
And restaurants and service locations are close.
Market and shopping center are close by.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I made a reservation staying 3 nights. Upon check in, I paid cash. they still wanted my credit card to hold for at least the first night. Upon check out, I checked with my credit card and found out they went a head and authorized another night stay. I had to have my credit card company do a 3 way conference call to get the charges released on my account. I was not given a receipt upon check in or check out. I was told by a manager I had to ask for it. While my stay there, the staff was so rude and seemed uninterested in making my stay comfortable. Housekeeping cleaned my room and didn't leave me any clean towels, so I had to go to the front desk and ask for them. I was treated with a nose stuck up in the air at me and towels roughly placed on the counter for me. The rooms were very small and the dirt around the wall to carpet edging, had not been vacuumed in years. I was able to move to a different room and found that the mattress was a little more comfortable, but the pillows were very flat. The doors didn't seal well and at times had trouble getting my key to work. The entry door was so unleveled that 1" of daylight was showing from the top of the door all the way down the side of the door. I had someone above me who sounded like bigfoot and even with ear plugs in you could still hear the traffic. I brought these issue up with the manager and was screamed at by her. If you can stay in a place like this and not have to deal with the staff to much, it might work for you. The location was great and had a variety of restaurants around and 10 miles to Malibu. I personally would not stay again and would not recommend anyone to do so. It was a horrible experience for me and never hope to ever encounter a hotel like this one again. My advise, watch your credit card and be prepared for a rough bunch of people including the manager, to be your first point of contact and don't expect any sleep...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Joyce Z
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calabasas
The Anza Hotel
#1 of 3 in Calabasas
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 6 in Malibu
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills

Been to Good Nite Inn - Calabasas? Share your experiences!