“Horrible customer service and unprofessional managers”

Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Calabasas
Surprise, Arizona
“Horrible customer service and unprofessional managers”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I made a reservation staying 3 nights. Upon check in, I paid cash. they still wanted my credit card to hold for at least the first night. Upon check out, I checked with my credit card and found out they went a head and authorized another night stay. I had to have my credit card company do a 3 way conference call to get the charges released on my account. I was not given a receipt upon check in or check out. I was told by a manager I had to ask for it. While my stay there, the staff was so rude and seemed uninterested in making my stay comfortable. Housekeeping cleaned my room and didn't leave me any clean towels, so I had to go to the front desk and ask for them. I was treated with a nose stuck up in the air at me and towels roughly placed on the counter for me. The rooms were very small and the dirt around the wall to carpet edging, had not been vacuumed in years. I was able to move to a different room and found that the mattress was a little more comfortable, but the pillows were very flat. The doors didn't seal well and at times had trouble getting my key to work. The entry door was so unleveled that 1" of daylight was showing from the top of the door all the way down the side of the door. I had someone above me who sounded like bigfoot and even with ear plugs in you could still hear the traffic. I brought these issue up with the manager and was screamed at by her. If you can stay in a place like this and not have to deal with the staff to much, it might work for you. The location was great and had a variety of restaurants around and 10 miles to Malibu. I personally would not stay again and would not recommend anyone to do so. It was a horrible experience for me and never hope to ever encounter a hotel like this one again. My advise, watch your credit card and be prepared for a rough bunch of people including the manager, to be your first point of contact and don't expect any sleep...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Joyce Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We chose to stay here because it was the cheapest place we could find that was still fairly close to Malibu. The drive down to the beach though is through the Canyon which can get pretty scary at night, felt a little like I was in a horror movie.

The room was small, but clean and the front desk staff was very nice. There were some weird things...like there is no hair dryer in the room which made me freak out a little....no one wants to see what my hair looks like when it air dries. They have them at the front desk though so you have to call down to get one. Also the pillows are no good, and our bed only had two that were completely flat. We called the front desk though and they gave use 4 extra pillows which was great of them!

This wasn't a super exciting hotel and there really isn't much right around it, but it's a clean, safe place to lay your head at night. I wouldn't choose to hang out in the room for extended periods of time, but it was a nice place to store our stuff and sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank WendyLady03
Torquay, Australia
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My first impression of Good Nite Inn, Calabasas - an exasperated guest arguing with the front desk staff.
My last impression of Good Nite Inn, Calabasas - me arguing with the front desk staff (over telephone charges).
You can tell that staff at establishments like this don't particularly care about a guests satisfaction. They may as well be packing boxes on a conveyer belt in a factory somewhere. Anyway, rooms here are quite small, drab decor, walls are thin. On the plus side, there is a grocery store (Albertson's) and fast food a short walk away. But I wouldn't stay here again. If you do, tip the housekeepers generously and give the front desk staff some grief if they deserve it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Aussie_Ostrich
CalabasasMgmt240, General Manager at Good Nite Inn - Calabasas, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Aussie,

Thank you for completing our survey and very sorry to hear about your customer service issues. As a limited service hotel, we do have a very simple operation, but I can assure you that customer service is most important to us as it adds even more value to our Property. I hope that we will have an opportunity in the future to show you. Please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay.

Regards

Mgmt

Travelers are raving about these Calabasas hotels

Redwood City, California
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed there for a business meeting. Room was wonderful and comfortable. Hotel is located very close to the Freeway . Enjoyed the coffee maker and the Iron & Ironing board. Appreciate the flat screen TV with many channel options. Hotel looked new and well taken care of.
Marylou did a wonderful job in helping us and was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Santa Ana, California
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Excellent services at check in, even though I showed up after 10PM the individual who assisted me was extremely polite and friendly. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There is not much in the way of amenities, which is why the cost is kept low. I thought the location, next to the freeway, would increase the noise level but it did not. All in All it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Santa Ana,

Thank you for your comments and time to complete our survey. We think it is a Good place too to lay your head down. Trust you will choose to stay with us again when in Calabasas/Malibu.

Regards,

BELTON
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I called to cancel my reservation and they said I needed to do it online since that is where I booked. When I tried to access my reservation via the website, it said I did not have a reservation on file. Once they finally found my reservation, their confirmation number did not match mine and I had to call 3 times before I finally got them to cancel my reservation. The staff on the phone was very rude and spoke to me very condesceningly. I would not suggest this hotel to anyone, based soley on the lack of quality customer service and the communication between website and actual hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else where someone might actually appreciate your business.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BRANDIW247
Thank you for taking time out of your day to complete our survey. So sorry to hear about the service adn difficulty regarding your online reservation. Normally, this is not the case and it works seamlessly considering all the different confirmation number created through every portal. Your situation will be a training topic for us to improve our detective process to improve the service you and any Guest will receive.

Thank you once again.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Pros: The place is spin and span, the outside areas are well maintained, the pool is really nice and free coffee in the morning was lovely. Dee dee on the front desk was super friendly and welcoming. Easy to find and perfect for that first night out of LA.

Cons: Rooms are a tad dated but for $87 US i wouldn't expect the Ritz. Air con is noisy, even if you turn yours off you'll hear next doors.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear New Zealand,
We appreciate you choosing Good Nite Inn Calabasas, but mostly appreciate you taking the extra time to post your comments. Nice to hear your comments about our employee and will most definately share with her.

Regards, Mgmt
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calabasas
The Anza Hotel
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 5 in Malibu

Been to Good Nite Inn - Calabasas? Share your experiences!