“It's Okay if You Are Only Using it for Sleep”

Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Calabasas
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We chose to stay here because it was the cheapest place we could find that was still fairly close to Malibu. The drive down to the beach though is through the Canyon which can get pretty scary at night, felt a little like I was in a horror movie.

The room was small, but clean and the front desk staff was very nice. There were some weird things...like there is no hair dryer in the room which made me freak out a little....no one wants to see what my hair looks like when it air dries. They have them at the front desk though so you have to call down to get one. Also the pillows are no good, and our bed only had two that were completely flat. We called the front desk though and they gave use 4 extra pillows which was great of them!

This wasn't a super exciting hotel and there really isn't much right around it, but it's a clean, safe place to lay your head at night. I wouldn't choose to hang out in the room for extended periods of time, but it was a nice place to store our stuff and sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WendyLady03
There are newer reviews for Good Nite Inn - Calabasas

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My first impression of Good Nite Inn, Calabasas - an exasperated guest arguing with the front desk staff.
My last impression of Good Nite Inn, Calabasas - me arguing with the front desk staff (over telephone charges).
You can tell that staff at establishments like this don't particularly care about a guests satisfaction. They may as well be packing boxes on a conveyer belt in a factory somewhere. Anyway, rooms here are quite small, drab decor, walls are thin. On the plus side, there is a grocery store (Albertson's) and fast food a short walk away. But I wouldn't stay here again. If you do, tip the housekeepers generously and give the front desk staff some grief if they deserve it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Aussie_Ostrich
CalabasasMgmt240, General Manager at Good Nite Inn - Calabasas, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Aussie,

Thank you for completing our survey and very sorry to hear about your customer service issues. As a limited service hotel, we do have a very simple operation, but I can assure you that customer service is most important to us as it adds even more value to our Property. I hope that we will have an opportunity in the future to show you. Please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay.

Regards

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed there for a business meeting. Room was wonderful and comfortable. Hotel is located very close to the Freeway . Enjoyed the coffee maker and the Iron & Ironing board. Appreciate the flat screen TV with many channel options. Hotel looked new and well taken care of.
Marylou did a wonderful job in helping us and was very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Excellent services at check in, even though I showed up after 10PM the individual who assisted me was extremely polite and friendly. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There is not much in the way of amenities, which is why the cost is kept low. I thought the location, next to the freeway, would increase the noise level but it did not. All in All it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Dear Santa Ana,

Thank you for your comments and time to complete our survey. We think it is a Good place too to lay your head down. Trust you will choose to stay with us again when in Calabasas/Malibu.

Regards,

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I called to cancel my reservation and they said I needed to do it online since that is where I booked. When I tried to access my reservation via the website, it said I did not have a reservation on file. Once they finally found my reservation, their confirmation number did not match mine and I had to call 3 times before I finally got them to cancel my reservation. The staff on the phone was very rude and spoke to me very condesceningly. I would not suggest this hotel to anyone, based soley on the lack of quality customer service and the communication between website and actual hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else where someone might actually appreciate your business.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BRANDIW247

Thank you for taking time out of your day to complete our survey. So sorry to hear about the service adn difficulty regarding your online reservation. Normally, this is not the case and it works seamlessly considering all the different confirmation number created through every portal. Your situation will be a training topic for us to improve our detective process to improve the service you and any Guest will receive.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Pros: The place is spin and span, the outside areas are well maintained, the pool is really nice and free coffee in the morning was lovely. Dee dee on the front desk was super friendly and welcoming. Easy to find and perfect for that first night out of LA.

Cons: Rooms are a tad dated but for $87 US i wouldn't expect the Ritz. Air con is noisy, even if you turn yours off you'll hear next doors.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear New Zealand,
We appreciate you choosing Good Nite Inn Calabasas, but mostly appreciate you taking the extra time to post your comments. Nice to hear your comments about our employee and will most definately share with her.

Regards, Mgmt

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The Good Nite Inn is a budget hotel, but at 1/2 to 1/3 the price of other hotels in the area, we were pleased. The room was small, but just fine since we were busy during the day. A mini fridge in the room was unexpected and we were glad to have it. The pool was nice, and the staff was friendly as well. I would recommend asking for an interior room, as some exterior rooms are close to the highway and could be noisy. The area surrounding the hotel is very nice and there are restaurants and stores within walking distance. Overall, a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I recommend an interior room, as some exterior rooms face the highway.
Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaggieB2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calabasas
The Anza Hotel
#1 of 3 in Calabasas
Malibu
Malibu Beach Inn
Malibu Beach Inn
#1 of 6 in Malibu
Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel
#3 of 3 in Agoura Hills

Been to Good Nite Inn - Calabasas? Share your experiences!